71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

A bit touchy this evening are we :P

More like a head that feels like a racetrack being driven by the entire Nascar family.

I should have answered in my usual snarky way: "Can't you see the #$!#$@ post by TOK upthread ?????"  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

No, no, you should have said "That King of douchebags has the answer some posts back." :sarcastichand:

The Simpsons House will be one of Lego's Top selling set of all time. 85% of the world no who the Simpons are, compared to 10% no what the 41999 Crawler set is. I would recomend buying one of these whenever you can, as I am shooting for 40 of these, should be a 2 year license. I no most guys on here say I will buy them when they are retiring, Well lets see how many guys used that strategy for the Fire Brigade in other words who missed the boat on the Brigade, looks like most auctions are ending between $239-259 and rising. If you have a $1000 to burn go get a Simpsons House, HH,GE,Batman Ayslym,10220 VW Camper etc, instead of coming out of Walmart,Kmart,etc with baskets full of cheap clearance stuff that most is not worth the money and will sit in a closet, under the bed or wherever, "Now if you are a flipper and no exactly what you are doing well thats great. Ede

• Like 4

More like a head that feels like a racetrack being driven by the entire Nascar family.

No, no, you should have said "That King of douchebags has the answer some posts back." :sarcastichand:

Carpet: causing forums misunderstandings and associated tiffs since 1997ish.

Thanks for the info guys but to clarify, I'm actually looking for official confirmation of the rumour from brickfan that suggests VIPs will get to early order the set from the 17th jan rather than waiting till the 1st (I fly out of here on 31st jan so will have to pay $70 more for the set in Europe if I'm not able to get early access :( )

I'll know within 24 hours though so just have to exercise some patience...?

So. $10 says my 'clarification' has causes more confusion?

I thought the early VIP access on the 17th was for the 17th of February and not even for the simpsons house since it releases on the first? Where was it ever mentioned that there is a lego vip early access for this Friday? Am I missing something?

The Simpsons House will be released for VIP members Feb 1. However there is a rumor on thebrickfan.com that suggests it will be released tomorrow instead. Others on here have confirmed that Lego store workers said it will be available to VIP members tomorrow by request (it will not be out on the shelves). It is not yet known if it will be available online tomorrow. 

Then on Feb 17 a new/different set will be available to VIP members.

This is all that is known so far.

I called my local Lego Store today and they confirmed they would be selling the Simpsons House beginning tomorrow.  I asked them point blank, "If I come tomorrow morning, will I be able to buy it?"  She was very clear that corporate gave them the approval to begin selling the set tomorrow.

• Like 1

I called my local Lego Store today and they confirmed they would be selling the Simpsons House tomorrow beginning tomorrow.  I asked them point blank, "If I come tomorrow morning, will I be able to buy it?"  She was very clear that corporate gave them the approval to begin selling the set tomorrow.

Very nice investigative work.  Too bad, I probably won't be able to get one until next month.  I'll be happy with 10, but I'm not getting them all this year.

My 8 year old son just started playing a Simpsons app game on the Kindle called The Simpson Tapped Out. He had no idea about Simpsons till this app game but he and all his buddies are playing it. He is asking me about the Kwik-E-Mart, who is this Sideshow Bob guy and what is with the old guy Burns...Making me feel real old.

• Like 2

I talked to a Lego staff at Lego Store and he confirmed that Simpsons house will be on the shelf tomorrow. Actually they have stocks inside their staff area. Although it is a VIP event, all Simpsons houses will be displayed on the shelf and if the person doesn't have a VIP number,they will issue one for the purchase. I am located in Toronto, Canada and the manager says every person can purchase 2 sets.

My 8 year old son just started playing a Simpsons app game on the Kindle called The Simpson Tapped Out. He had no idea about Simpsons till this app game but he and all his buddies are playing it. He is asking me about the Kwik-E-Mart, who is this Sideshow Bob guy and what is with the old guy Burns...Making me feel real old.

I play that game regularly. It's pretty addictive!