71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Ebay does. It's like to countries. I forget what they are off the top of my head. Unless you look at the buyers profile you won't even know where the item is going. The address that is sent to you is ebays headquarters or whatever. You ship to them just as you would any other domestic item. If there is any issue such as item is illegal in that country as this has happened to me or it gets lost or broken its on ebay not you. With all of ebays crazy policies favoring the buyer the gs favors the seller

It obviously depends how close you live to Kentucky. I can't send send 2 huge sets to Kentucky for $15.

And the amount of misinformation that is all over this thread is mind boggling.

You probably do pretty well shipping-wise overall though right? I feel like I sell WAY more stuff out west than in the east. Shipping to CA from Alabama is ridiculous.

You probably do pretty well shipping-wise overall though right? I feel like I sell WAY more stuff out west than in the east. Shipping to CA from Alabama is ridiculous.

Yea, I'm not worried about it but so often people make posts about how could shipping cost so much because it only costs them xx.xx to ship wherever without considering that not everyone lives the same distance from the destination.

• Like 1

Nope great point. Another thing that comes into it - even if you live close, if you are shipping to certain areas, FEDEX adds a $2.50 - $3.50 charge. If its really heavy, FEDEX may be even more than USPS.

Bigger stuff, FEDEX is usually cheaper, but PO boxes also screw everything up as FEDEX wont ship to them. 

I had to ship a Gunship (5 lbs) to a PO box in California. Lost my crap on that one.

Guest davewager78

3 on the shelf in Milton Keynes UK Lego store yesterday. So much in demand that a guy did a walk off with one of them. Staff chased him down and took it off him. They said to me that he justified having it by saying he'd paid, but couldn't "find" his receipt. In attempt to be overly fair, staff took set back to shop and said he could have it back if he "found" his receipt

Looks like they've in Lego stores, but none online

PS: don't think the set is all that. Nice concept, but the car looks bad, and you can pretty much get all of it from the pics on the box. Build doesn't look great :/

Guest TabbyBoy

I see some negative messages about this set (I personally can't stand the Simpsons) but, as you can see from the voting, the consensus is that this set will soon be bringing in

Guest davewager78

Will the potential of this one (a) be screwed by the wider media reviews/advertising of it (I.e. people who want it buy one now, not after EOL), and (B) attract some who buy it or search for it online towards the idea of reselling/investing in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Will the potential of this one (a) be screwed by the wider media reviews/advertising of it (I.e. people who want it buy one now, not after EOL), and (B) attract some who buy it or search for it online towards the idea of reselling/investing in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

People need to stop over thinking this set looking for bad news. At worst, this set will bring loads of new AFOL to the market. And once they are hooked, they'll be looking for all of the sets that they missed.

BTTF, Simpsons, Ghostbusters, etc are all focused on bringing the post-college 80s children back to LEGO now that they have disposal income.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I have no clue how someone could make the argument that this won't due well, this set has the potential absolutely soar after EOL, the rest of the lego market will have to crash along with it for this to not do well. 

I can't agree more, it's already reselling for >RRP even when it was in stock.