71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

It will be a long while for the house to retire, but the question is... Will the Simpsons ever die?

You'll never stop the Simpsons!

Have no fears,

we've got stories for years.

Like, Marge becomes a robot,

maybe Moe get's a cell phone,

has Bart ever owned a bear or,

how 'bout a crazy wedding,

where something happens,

and do-do do-do do?

Woke up this morning and saw an ad for the new exclusive Simpsons house. Decided why not, can flip it at some point this year. Then a see a new post by a pawn shop advertising one for sale. Now I'm starting to wonder what's up and if this is a coincidence or something more sinister. I talked to the guy and he seems legit, supposed to call me later this evening when he heads home.

Woke up this morning and saw an ad for the new exclusive Simpsons house. Decided why not, can flip it at some point this year. Then a see a new post by a pawn shop advertising one for sale. Now I'm starting to wonder what's up and if this is a coincidence or something more sinister. I talked to the guy and he seems legit, supposed to call me later this evening when he heads home.

Did you check $10 2 tubs of lego listing as well?

Bring some back up, otherwise you might wake up in a bath tub with a kidney missing.

Yeah, I'm not very experienced in craigslist dealings but some of the stuff is hard to pass up. What's the protocol here? I'm thinking meet him in front of a cop shop with a rape whistle.

Yeah, I'm not very experienced in craigslist dealings but some of the stuff is hard to pass up. What's the protocol here? I'm thinking meet him in front of a cop shop with a rape whistle.

That's some funny stuff.

If I am picking up sets, I usually have no issues picking something up at the buyer's house as long as you are in a decent area/neighborhood and you stay outside.

Otherwise, if they aren't comfortable with you swinging by, I like to meet at gas stations since they are lit, usually staffed, an almost always on corners. Knock on wood, I haven't had a bad experience yet picking up sets - almost everyone has been personable and reasonable.

That said, I don't know you're buyer's area/neighborhood. If it's bad, I wouldn't hesitate to pass - there will always be someone else ready to sell Lego on CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Interesting....I got a CL posting for a Simpson's House for $150 this morning also. Listed by someone who posts Legos often and always signs his name on his postings. Probably coincidence but who knows.

Or you  happened to be from the same area as me and isocleas :-)

Well...well...well. We are absolutely in the same area then. Because after further checking, I saw the add for the 2 Bins for $10 listing. I am on the South side of town and feel like I have a little nook down here where there isn't much competition. It's nice to meet you No More and Iso!!! That dude posts a lot of things, some pretty good, some not so much.

Well...well...well. We are absolutely in the same area then. Because after further checking, I saw the add for the 2 Bins for $10 listing. I am on the South side of town and feel like I have a little nook down here where there isn't much competition. It's nice to meet you No More and Iso!!! That dude posts a lot of things, some pretty good, some not so much.

Everlasting question - what's his angle?? Lego employee? shady dealings?

(P.S. I am central, central-east) 

Believe me, I see the increased traffic and understand that the competition is thick, but at least it's not like the coastal states (especially east) where there seems to be much thicker competition (higher populations also).

Anyway, maybe we'll cross paths at some point.

Believe me, I see the increased traffic and understand that the competition is thick, but at least it's not like the coastal states (especially east) where there seems to be much thicker competition (higher populations also).

Anyway, maybe we'll cross paths at some point.

I don't have any spinners to do battle with...  :-(

• Like 1

Everlasting question - what's his angle?? Lego employee? shady dealings?

(P.S. I am central, central-east) 

You guys are talking about the guy who lists like 30 different sets but each ones missing a piece or minifigures etc? Lots of lines that look like:

#7930 Star Wars Bounty Assault Gunship with instructions, no figures (Amazon $56) sell for $15

I'm not sure how he gets his sets, but he's very good with his pricing. I rarely find something that's too cheap that I want to buy it or too expensive that I couldn't see someone else buying one.

You guys are talking about the guy who lists like 30 different sets but each ones missing a piece or minifigures etc? Lots of lines that look like:

#7930 Star Wars Bounty Assault Gunship with instructions, no figures (Amazon $56) sell for $15

I'm not sure how he gets his sets, but he's very good with his pricing. I rarely find something that's too cheap that I want to buy it or too expensive that I couldn't see someone else buying one.

I don't see that many CL posts with "Shane" and "lego" or with the phone number mentioned in Simpsons for $150 listing