71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

I think the Simpson's house will be around for years, so no real profit to be made for awhile. The Minecraft sets are always pretty good to sell around Christmas, especially if they go out of stock like they have the last two years. But, there is a really small window of time for profit.

• 3 months later...

up

The early frenzy has cooled, now any more thoughts about this set ? Do you think it will retire in 2015, because it'll be no more the 25th birthay of the show ? (note that it doesn't have any "25th anniversary" written on the set so it's a little confusing, like if the fact it has been released for the 25th anniversary isn't "official")

I was thinking about a very good thing: if you want to invest in for 5 years, it's great because it'll be 30th anniversary of the show in 2019...

But until then, I don't know, I'm not sure it's that seeked after. Not sure AFOLs will be that much interested in it.

I don't have any, a friend of mine bought one for himself but he changed his mine and don't want to build it anymore because he saw it for real and was disappointed by the size (the house is too small in his opinion for a 200

I still think this set will be a winner. Alot of people I know love it but for example cannot afford it now. But in the future they may. Important is (as usual) to buy it as low as possible. Cause it may be you have to store it/them for a while.

Look at the Simpsons minifigs. They seem very popular. Most of the physical shops in my area are out.

Just to add my personal thoughts on the set, as a big Simpsons fan: I like the interior detail and the hinged opening. But I won't buy the set because the exterior, while true to the show, is a bit dull and for the price I would rather build a modular.

This design is meant for typical USA suburb family house. You will need to add a big lawn with trees (and tree house), swing, slide etc. to complete the entire look. To many people outside of USA, this is a dream house.

This might be just a wild guess, but i think this set will do well when it retires. It just seems like there are not very many people hoarding this set. Which means there may not be such a heavy number.

If lego decides to just only make this set i can see it appreciating well for those that will miss out. I feel this has so much going for it to pass the chance at getting a couple copies.

• 1 month later...

They have been slow movers so far.  One B&M store has about 8 damage box ones that have not sold in 2 months.  I bought one right before that and finally just sold it at $230 dlvd.  Supposedly had over 80 cases of minifigs in stock at one point.  I saw the houses so would assume the figs were there too.  The figs are all over 5 below as well, easily 5-10 cases each.  A little surprised by the seemingly slow sales of the line.   Doesn't mean it won't do well but I like other sets over this.  

I was referring more to the house and just mentioned the minifigs are available in large quantities everywhere in my area. Not sure if its just my region. The stores in the area did say normally a series is gone much quicker and compared to normal series these were not selling well for them. So if sales are that high then they prodcued a lot more of these than a non licensed series. I personally like the house and it can be used without the simpsons as well. To me it falls in line with Orthanc another $200 set that seems to move slowly but down the road could do well.

Here is another Exclusive that every Investor should have, Will always be a big money maker. So I will be buying a few now and then. Don't wait to the last minute.

ed,

i agree and think this set could follow the 10228 HH set with a huge "pop" once it nears retirement.  it's another one of those quirky yet well-designed lego sets that LOOKS GREAT on display.

buying this set is a no-brainer. doesn't take a rocket scientist so i'm in luck ;)

the only question is will it be around for only 2-3 years... the less supply (only 2 years of availability) for 10228 is really helping that set compared sets even like the FB (lasted 4 years).   in the end, it's all about "supply vs. demand".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think there will be more sets in the future made by Lego in the Simpsons-line? Or will it be just this house?

Probably not. This house and the Minifig line was an hommage to the 25th anniversary of the Simpsons. I would rather compare it to the Ecto-1 instead of seeing it the beginning of an entire Simpsons Lego series.

• Like 1

... One B&M store has about 8 damage box ones that have not sold in 2 months. ...

Jeez Raven... All those damaged box Tumblers, and the Simpson House too?  What Lego store are you going to that has such a problem smashing up all their inventory?  They must be employing only ex-baggage handlers from the airline industry. ;-)