71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

• 2 weeks later...

oh no - its the RED LIMITIERT - last time we saw that it was on the EXO-SUIT and we all know how that hasn't turned out (yet...  i also believe in santa claus and that the cubs will win a world series one day).

Normally the people learn at first the common speech of a foreign language, like "How are you?" or  "One beer please"  or perhaps some bad abuses :D

But the first german word that all Brickpickers know is "LIMITIERT" :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This has been discussed in another forum I believe. I know I bought mine as soon as I saw that (maybe 2 weeks ago) as I refuse to pay over retail and I wanted this set bad as a big simpsons fan. Its all speculation I guess...I am very new and only wanted this set for myself, but I think it will take some people by surprise when it goes EOL and how quickly it goes to 4 hundo a piece.....just my opinion. If I had money I would invest in another one, I believe limit is also 1 in Canada...but still 5 oversees. I think the set is selling very well on amazon and more and more people on brickset seem to be adding them daily with the own and/or want to own tag. anyways.....I have said too much.

This has been discussed in another forum I believe. I know I bought mine as soon as I saw that (maybe 2 weeks ago) as I refuse to pay over retail and I wanted this set bad as a big simpsons fan. Its all speculation I guess...I am very new and only wanted this set for myself, but I think it will take some people by surprise when it goes EOL and how quickly it goes to 4 hundo a piece.....just my opinion. If I had money I would invest in another one, I believe limit is also 1 in Canada...but still 5 oversees. I think the set is selling very well on amazon and more and more people on brickset seem to be adding them daily with the own and/or want to own tag. anyways.....I have said too much.

UK limit of 5. Never was out of stock in hire. I think this set is much more popular in US.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Brickpicker mobile app

Go ahead and use as many idioms as you like ^.^ ;-)

Yeah that's why I asked... of course I understand the signs thingy, but lately it's like

"woah... tumbler is coming out next year... haven't seen it anywhere yet and rumors are it will be limited to 1... probably going EOL soon!"

(at least that's my impression)

and every second post is like "walmart is out of stock" "TRU is out of stock" "amazon..." "oh it's back at ..." and LEGO shop is just like "meh... it'll stay 2 more years"

For example TRU Canada being out of TSH (the simpson house) doesn't seem to be a sign at all (at least to me...)

I'm still thinking about getting this one... and I'm still struggling since the simpsons are really popular, but I'm not sure about the market in Germany.

Go ahead and use as many idioms as you like ^.^ ;-)

Yeah that's why I asked... of course I understand the signs thingy, but lately it's like

"woah... tumbler is coming out next year... haven't seen it anywhere yet and rumors are it will be limited to 1... probably going EOL soon!"

(at least that's my impression)

and every second post is like "walmart is out of stock" "TRU is out of stock" "amazon..." "oh it's back at ..." and LEGO shop is just like "meh... it'll stay 2 more years"

For example TRU Canada being out of TSH (the simpson house) doesn't seem to be a sign at all (at least to me...)

Agreed. I think some are much more willing to yell "fire" when there's only a little smoke. One store being OOS doesn't mean much. LEGO Shop at Home in the US going to a limit of 1 for the Simpson's House... well, that's interesting, especially in light of the increase to limit 5 on the EEE to try and shove it through the door.

But who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'll be sold out on the LEGO Shop at Home not long after the release of the kwik-e-mart (let's say this summer), because 2 "simpsons modulars" are too much at the same time in the catalog IMO. It can even retire in europe very early before the USA, because I suspect it to be a poor seller here*. Look at the 9450 ninjago set, retired 1 year before the USA. It could be about the same scenario with the simpsons house.

Because there will still be tons of sets in B&M stores, we'll have some time to get them.

My advice is to wait (real) signs of EOL in the LEGO Shop at Home and then buy some in B&M at RRP.

It's better than buying some with a small discount but being stuck with it for one year or more if it does not retire this year.

And of course, invest in or not, it's another problem...

* I mean "in europe". Ok the minifigs polybags are doing well but the RRP for the simpsons house is too high and -excuse me but- I think we're getting tired of the simpsons. And about the "poor seller" that's because I saw tons of these sets in B&M stores, and there a very often some -15% discount on this set (a discount which does not apply to the Tower of Orthanc of the big SW sets)

Edited by biniou