71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Since we don't have a Simpsons forum, thought I'd post it here..

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/23/someone-has-recreated-the-entire-town-of-springfield-in-lego-form-and-its-amazing-5308615/

Pretty cool.. I like the nuclear plant myself!

This was on display at Brickworld last year and this year.  It is truly an incredible model.  My favorite is the Stone Cutter's Temple.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No, no shelf tag but they said they just put them up there right before i got there too. 

I'd keep an eye on those if I were you. Especially the EV. It's a good chance they reduce them to get rid of them since a lot of stores are beginning to set up their toy dept for the holiday season. They will need the space, and those sets are huge and not a part of their "normal" assortment. Good luck!

I'd keep an eye on those if I were you. Especially the EV. It's a good chance they reduce them to get rid of them since a lot of stores are beginning to set up their toy dept for the holiday season. They will need the space, and those sets are huge and not a part of their "normal" assortment. Good luck!

Yes, i figure no manager wants that much just sitting on his shelf. So i plan on checking periodically to see if they drop the price to get them gone. I lucked up last year at a Target that had a case of Palace Cinemas marked down to $104 each. I bought them all. Hopefully this will turn into a nice haul too. As long as someone doesn't beat me to the punch! LOL

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure if it can even sell out, which usually happens before retirement.

Don't be such a negative ninny.  You know damn well, once the retirement rumors start making their rounds, it'll dry up as all the newbie investors and new people will gobble them up since it'll be the new hot retirement product.  Kinda like the Tumbler...part deux.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

Don't be such a negative ninny.  You know damn well, once the retirement rumors start making their rounds, it'll dry up as all the newbie investors and new people will gobble them up since it'll be the new hot retirement product.  Kinda like the Tumbler...part deux.

I hear you. Short life, great display piece unlikely to be remade, big fanbase, yadda yadda yadda. Does it pass the CEO´s office display piece test, though?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

It could retire today, I won't buy it. Don't like the set. Seeing Simpsons minifigures discounted for entire 4un makes me stay away

Series 2 minifigs for simpsons is bad, grossly overestimated demand. But the simpsons house seem to be doing fine. Series 1 minifigs were fairly good too.

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

I don't care for any Lego that has the "doll house style build" even GBHQ, it's good for kids to play but a terrible display piece 

You ever build Haunted House? It's an excellent display piece that holds its own against any of the modulars.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 4

I've watched Simpsons as a child and teenager a lot. I even collected lots of comics but I think this build looks kind of 'ugly'.

However, my girlfriend is planning on building one soon. How can I convince her not to build a Simpsons house but a beautiful modular instead? 

15 minutes ago, Calli said:

I've watched Simpsons as a child and teenager a lot. I even collected lots of comics but I think this build looks kind of 'ugly'.

However, my girlfriend is planning on building one soon. How can I convince her not to build a Simpsons house but a beautiful modular instead? 

Three words of advice: Pick your battles......

• Like 2