71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Here comes the 1Mio $ question:

Has anybody read something on the Simpsons licence? 

I initially thought that the Simpsons (series & house) - being a controversial series for kids & parents - would be a 1-off. 

With the Kwik-E-Market in the pipeline, it seems there will be more to it. 

I read the forum, and the speculation on the probable EoL-extension of the S-house, but didn't see anything about the licence per se.

I have the data on the license for Star Wars for example, but didn't find much on Simpons

Thanks for sharing. 

PS: for the record:

http://www.lego.com/da-dk/aboutus/news-room/2014/january/lego-the-simpsons?ignorereferer=true

Edited by bjiri

Guest TabbyBoy

Dude, you really don't seem to enjoy this hobby/business very much. You are also very indecisive with your purchases, I seem to recall you returning large numbers of sets and selling others at a loss. Perhaps you would be happier trying something else. Returning an item now only to rebuy later? You're putting too much effort after foolishness.

You can't be more wrong, I get quite a kick out of this.  It's just that the Simpsons House is one of my buyer's remorse sets and I've purchased very wisely since then and no regrets since.  Remember, I'm the man that bought 98 Mars Rovers - LOL.  I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes and I have the guts to take the plunge if undecided as I can always return later with minimal (if any) penalty.  I've learned a lot since my earlier mistakes.  I also think that 71006 will be heavily reduced further into its lifespan so, it makes sense for me to purchase later if I change my mind... again ;-)

I also returned 10x Winter Village Markets (bought at 20% discount) just before Christmas. Was it buyer's remorse? No! 7 boxes were damaged and the other 3 had slight creases. Simply not good enough for reselling to extremely fussy UK buyers.

I'm lost with regards to this set's production life. It's pretty new, but would Lego really have TWO big exclusive Simpsons sets taking up shelf space? I'd think they want to have a variety of offerings to consumers, and having both the SH and KEM in production seems bloated to me. Not to mention the Series 2 minifigs coming out. Logically, Lego will replace Series 1 with Series 2, so maybe the KEM is a "Series 2" set.

I'm lost with regards to this set's production life. It's pretty new, but would Lego really have TWO big exclusive Simpsons sets taking up shelf space? I'd think they want to have a variety of offerings to consumers, and having both the SH and KEM in production seems bloated to me. Not to mention the Series 2 minifigs coming out. Logically, Lego will replace Series 1 with Series 2, so maybe the KEM is a "Series 2" set.

I'm not sure if you used "shelf space" literally or not but it's really irrelevant as a lot of exclusives aren't at the LEGO B&Ms anyway. They don't have to be since S@H carries all of them.

You can't be more wrong, I get quite a kick out of this. It's just that the Simpsons House is one of my buyer's remorse sets and I've purchased very wisely since then and no regrets since. Remember, I'm the man that bought 98 Mars Rovers - LOL. I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes and I have the guts to take the plunge if undecided as I can always return later with minimal (if any) penalty. I've learned a lot since my earlier mistakes. I also think that 71006 will be heavily reduced further into its lifespan so, it makes sense for me to purchase later if I change my mind... again ;-)

I also returned 10x Winter Village Markets (bought at 20% discount) just before Christmas. Was it buyer's remorse? No! 7 boxes were damaged and the other 3 had slight creases. Simply not good enough for reselling to extremely fussy UK buyers.

You aren't a serious investor unless you have 100 rovers....sorry buddy ;)
  • Like 3

You can't be more wrong, I get quite a kick out of this.  It's just that the Simpsons House is one of my buyer's remorse sets and I've purchased very wisely since then and no regrets since.  Remember, I'm the man that bought 98 Mars Rovers - LOL.  I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes and I have the guts to take the plunge if undecided as I can always return later with minimal (if any) penalty.  I've learned a lot since my earlier mistakes.  I also think that 71006 will be heavily reduced further into its lifespan so, it makes sense for me to purchase later if I change my mind... again ;-)

Thanks for the tips - I will now begin selling off my Rovers, and try to accumulate as many Simpsons Houses & Winter Village Markets as I can.

• Like 2

I m thinking this will be the new "live star". I am assuming stellar sales. As long as this continues to sell alot I think it will stay. I would be very surprised at eol before 3.5 years. I did already buy 2 when I got a good deal, after eol this will be good investment. The minifigure series is widely popular and it continues. Now what do you do with just the figures if you dont have anything to put them in?

I too am at a loss in terms of what to expect for this set's expected EOL.

If a good seller, it could be the cornerstone of an ongoing theme and stick around for years and more years while other less crucial sets come and go.

Or, even if a good seller, it could blink out of existence like TH because that's what Lego decided to do.

If not such a good seller, I think it will be gone after roughly 2 years, but possibly sooner... [cue chaos theme music]

In any case, mass panic of the horde will ensue... because as others have said, there should be great demand built up for this set as the line continues, and most of us understand that.

Which leaves the only question in my mind being, how fast will it appreciate "post-availability"?  AA and HH nearly doubled in weeks, TH came close, R2 and GE not quite as great. Obviously surprise factor is huge. If I get that figured out, I will know just how much I want to sink into this particular gem. (Unlike the big dogs in this pound I don't have seemingly unlimited funds to buy, buy, buy all the time.)

Even the man that bought 98 rovers can make foolish decissions. I agree with you that it is too soon to buy Simpsons House in retrospective but if you have the space, and you bought them at reasonable price, why not keep them. What if you're wrong and the price you paid for them was the cheapest price? I bought them at 159 with retail 219. I don't think they will go lower than that.

• 2 weeks later...

If I missed it when searching the forums, apologies.

How many bags are in the 71006 Simpsons House?

I recently bought the set from AWH and it arrived with no Lego box, just the sealed bags.

I see all 6 fugures scattered throughout the numbered (1-7) bags.  20 bags total not including the manuals or the smaller bags inserted inside of the larger numbered bags.

Help?

Forgot to mention I chatted with AMZN customer service after receiving the set boxless with naked bags...oh my...

They agreed to give me another $40 off (final price of 123.96) because the description never stated the box wasn't included.

It did say repackaged...yeah in a shipping box.

I may just build this one. It is the only copy I have in my stockroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...