71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Jeez Raven... All those damaged box Tumblers, and the Simpson House too?  What Lego store are you going to that has such a problem smashing up all their inventory?  They must be employing only ex-baggage handlers from the airline industry. ;-)

A majority of the shop at home returns come to one of the stores here. Was originally in an outlet mall so this store still gets the damages more than others

Very promising!

Will have a very positive influence on the Simpsons House I think. Time to stock up?

With another set coming out and the standalone set becoming more of a series, I think LEGO will keep it available for a good time to come so no rush in stocking up. I'm thinking about stocking down.

Very promising!

Will have a very positive influence on the Simpsons House I think. Time to stock up?

I see in the simpsons theme the same potential as square sponge bob. While it'll be ok in the US, I would pass the whole theme as an investment in europe.

And I also think that this set already is hoarded by tons of people who usually do not invest in legos (and made an exception for this set).

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry about this one being over-hoarded. It may take some time but this one will be worth a lot some day: Once it goes EOL, it won't be remade, and you can sell it to any big Simpsons fan, regardless of their interest level in Lego.

Agreed it will make money ONE day. The problem is, if there would be a Kwik-E-Mart and let's say another few sets to make this a theme, when will this set go EOL. It are pretty large boxes, I don't see myself holding on to them for 5 more years.

I bought 5 of them at price 159

Edited by Neosphinx

With another set coming out and the standalone set becoming more of a series, I think LEGO will keep it available for a good time to come so no rush in stocking up. I'm thinking about stocking down.

I see in the simpsons theme the same potential as square sponge bob. While it'll be ok in the US, I would pass the whole theme as an investment in europe.

And I also think that this set already is hoarded by tons of people who usually do not invest in legos (and made an exception for this set).

You made me doubt now guys. I thought this would lift-off. But you might be right about the european market. 

Me liking the Simpsons does not automatically mean others do as well.

Spongebob is not an AFOL line, Simspons is.

• Like 3

Agreed it will make money ONE day. The problem is, if there would be a Kwik-E-Mart and let's say another few sets to make this a theme, when will this set go EOL. It are pretty large boxes, I don't see myself holding on to them for 5 more years. 

Yes, I agree. If you're not comfortable sitting on the inventory, then wait for the EOL scramble I guess. I don't see it sticking around for 5 years though, I'd give it 3 tops. The Kwik-E-Mart is probably just an attempt to hit a lower price point in this theme -- put something between the minifigs and the $200 house. I would expect mostly standard pieces and a lot of stickers (Frostillicus, etc.)

• Like 1

You made me doubt now guys. I thought this would lift-off. But you might be right about the european market. 

Me liking the Simpsons does not automatically mean others do as well.

It will do well, Cig, no worries. But I just think we still have a year or 2 left before we need to think about stocking up. I really screwed up buy buying too early.

Plenty of adults like Spongebob. I have been getting $130 a pop on amz for 3818 underseas party. It's not kids paying that for a $30 set.

True.

I had the impression that the Spongebob theme initially was not so loved. Now after some time it is getting started. Same could be for the Simpsons. Money is for the patient brickpickers.

Edited by Ciglione

Plenty of adults like Spongebob. I have been getting $130 a pop on amz for 3818 underseas party. It's not kids paying that for a $30 set

Spongebob is more related to "the thing you watched with you kids" instead of simpsons, "the thing we watched ourselves". Its a decade and half difference between both.

Spongebob was not aimed at AFOL community but of course there are some picking it up.

Edited by Neosphinx

Guest TabbyBoy

I just spoke to LEGO CS and they just agreed for me to return mine after 6 months! But, I pay the postage. I no longer have faith in this set and can't stand the Simpsons anyway. I may revisit in a few years when EOL is expected as I bought way too early.

For the sake of

wait...what happened?  i'm looking for your earlier thread...  is it defective or you're just tired of looking at it's MISB?

I just spoke to LEGO CS and they just agreed for me to return mine after 6 months! But, I pay the postage. I no longer have faith in this set and can't stand the Simpsons anyway. I may revisit in a few years when EOL is expected as I bought way too early.

For the sake of

Plenty of adults like Spongebob. I have been getting $130 a pop on amz for 3818 underseas party. It's not kids paying that for a $30 set.

And way way way way way more like Simpsons that has been around 20 years and everyone under 45 grew up with in this country. No comparison at all.

Dude, you really don't seem to enjoy this hobby/business very much. You are also very indecisive with your purchases, I seem to recall you returning large numbers of sets and selling others at a loss. Perhaps you would be happier trying something else. Returning an item now only to rebuy later? You're putting too much effort after foolishness.

I agree -

image001.jpg

Edited by KShine
  • Like 3