71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Guest davewager78

Fine line between sharing your opinion and telling everyone who has expressed one you disagree with that they're wrong :D

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I didn't say anyone was wrong, people need to look at the bigger picture with some of these sets. There are peripheral benefits that shouldn't be overlooked.

Absolutely. Think this type of point is missed so much because people will only look at the theme, or the build, or whatever else.

These sets dealing with older stuff are HUGE. They bring people to Lego. One of my co-workers saw the Delorean and had to have it. He "bought" it for his son. Now they are buying Lego sets like crazy and he is talking about buying the Camper Van.

One could argue the Delorean just brought in two new fans, one that could be lifelong (his kid).

• Like 1

People need to stop over thinking this set looking for bad news. At worst, this set will bring loads of new AFOL to the market. And once they are hooked, they'll be looking for all of the sets that they missed.

BTTF, Simpsons, Ghostbusters, etc are all focused on bringing the post-college 80s children back to LEGO now that they have disposal income.

I will admit to disliking the Simpsons but you have hit the nail on the head right here. People want it for their nostalgic value and it in turn brings new buyers into the hobby. The DeLorean was my localised best seller in the Christmas leadup. The Simpsons sets have drawn new customers to me inquiring about them. The Ghostbusters set will go insane.

These sets bring in the crowd which in turn gets them to see how much they enjoy Lego. Parents will try get their children involved in themes that they loved as a kid since they crossover into Lego. A great marketing ploy all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It's funny all the people defending this till the bloody end. If you think it's gonna be a mega hit after EOL then just stock up qiuetly. Or is everyone subconsciously on the fence and trying to convince themselves that this will be big $$$ lol

Exactly lol.... im not liking it but i was never a Simpson fan.

Some of you guys have become so negative that even a set that is going to bring in new customers to your business is immediately dismissed because "OMG I hatez dis show". Every time someone has ANY passion for ANY set or theme, it's immediately quelled because if you can't like a set, no one is allowed to. :rofl:

It's blatantly clear that some people on here only have passion for money, not LEGO and most definitely not a cartoon that is past it's prime.

So a set that brings a whole new segment of AFOLs into the market has no positive effect on those with a passion for getting money by selling LEGO? Someone needs to buy all those sets you've stockpiled, why not someone who has collected ZERO sets before with a disposable income?

And I thought all of those people here with a passion for money and an elitist attitude got their own private forum for them to swim in their vaults filled with gold coins?

LEGO is most definitely targeting AFOLs with releases like the simpsons house, the Delorean and the ghost busters set. Is it gonna be a huge success is the question. Is their goal to get people back into LEGO or is to make money? Both? Anyways I think the Simpson house is pretty cool and I was never really into the Simpsons back in the day.

I have been a fan of the show also since it was a short on the Tracy Ulman show and still watch it.  I think it will do well.  I have not looked at the pricing but it is licensed and huge so I doubt I will be stockpiling many.

I have a ton of the figures and playsets from around 2000.  My wife bought me Mr. Plow and the Plow King for Christmas two years ago!  I have an Ichy and Scratchy set on my display shelves and the set that has the Ulman era characters on top of my TV in my office.

I hope the mini-figs are easily identifable, I still hate the blind bags,

I'm not a Simpson fan and haven't watched the show since it first started forever and a day ago.  However, I bought the set a few weeks ago and my son and I built it; it's a nice build, some very clever construction elements, and is a great addition to our city.  The characters certainly don't fit with the other minifigs we have, but neither do the Friends minifigs, either.  If I can grow money on trees, I'll buy another few to hang onto.