71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Guest TabbyBoy

I bought 2 on VIP day and keeping them in original outer box until Xmas or when prices get silly.  Your guess is as good as mine but, I wouldn't be surprised to see

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Someone on SD reported this item to be back in stock at LEGO Shop at Home. Contradicts the previous post, but allows orders of 5.

and when you order 5 you get a free letter banning you from TLG

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I must be in the minority here....... I think this set will not do well in the secondary market after eol. Firstly this thing is butt ugly, the mini figures just creepy. And only the first 10 seasons were good. (I own the first 12 seasons and yes I love the show) After that it deteriorated rapidly and has just been milking a dried up cow.

I feel that an over saturation of Simpsons stuff over the last 25 years will squash any interest and gains after eol. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't know any adults and few kids who watch the Simpsons any more. So who would be keeping this set going? Yes there will be the onslaught of early buyers, but after a few months I'd really like to see if this set keeps performing.

I think this may go the way of the toy story sets.........

This is just my 2 cents , please be polite and keeping the flaming to a minimum

I'd love to hear how others feel this set will do in the long run

And only the first 10 seasons were good. (I own the first 12 seasons and yes I love the show) After that it deteriorated rapidly and has just been milking a dried up cow.

Honestly, I think the show is still around because Fox has nothing to replace it with should they cancel it. Plus the potential flack attack from diehard fans.

Can anyone who built the house check something for me? The purple piano refuses to stay attached to the two exposed studs in the living room, and I wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with it staying in position. The black pieces at the top seem to stick out too far for it to be up against the wall.

Can anyone who built the house check something for me? The purple piano refuses to stay attached to the two exposed studs in the living room, and I wanted to see if anyone else had a problem with it staying in position. The black pieces at the top seem to stick out too far for it to be up against the wall.

From memory, I thought it stayed fine, but I will check when I get home.

I really love this set, by the way. Nice model and great parts for the price. I will buy more in double VIP month.

I found that as well.  My kids play with our set a lot and I was trying to put the piano back in and couldn't put it against the wall.  I just left a gap and had it sitting forward a little.  not sure if that was the original design position but it seems the only way it will fit (though I didn't have a real good go at it).  Haven't dug out the instructions to confirm though.

• 2 weeks later...

I heared rumours that the Simpsons House (71006) will never be sold in shops (officially). Only at Lego. Is that true???

If that is the case then it will change the investing strategy on this one I suppose.

I'm guessing like all the other so-called exclusives, they will be available online at most US retailers and in some B&M stores like cambridge said. 

Bummer. A nuke plant would have been awesome. 

The simpsons set is hot right now. I have flipped three, I want more but afraid of getting banned. Now oos online but my lego store has plenty.

What is the maximum of Simpsons sets you can buy online at Lego?

I have bought one already but my wife wants another one.

I'd like to see...

- bart's treehouse add-on.

- bart's classroom (where he's writing on the chalkboard at the opening of every show).

- Springfield town square with a big statue of Jebediah Springfield in the middle.

- quickee mart

- comic store.

- nuc. powerplant control room where Homer works.

- school bus with OTTO!

• 2 weeks later...

I found that as well.  My kids play with our set a lot and I was trying to put the piano back in and couldn't put it against the wall.  I just left a gap and had it sitting forward a little.  not sure if that was the original design position but it seems the only way it will fit (though I didn't have a real good go at it).  Haven't dug out the instructions to confirm though.

Yeah, you're not suppose to put it against the wall. Leave a gap. 

Also the roof on the garage doesn't quite fit with the garage attached to the house. Either the garage gets pushed out a little or the roof doesn't sit snuggly.