10237 - Tower of Orthanc

Multum apud me intuitus meus erit in posterum post sex menses cyptic,

What does google translate say:

A lot of it will be in the future after six months with me, looked at my cyptic...

quam ob causam tam graves ?

Anyhow... just for you cool cats here:

I recently called LEGO support and it looks like ToO will be there just until/at least till... June/July next year.

Maybe this info helps some of you to relax a bit more and stops you from donating more blood and organs than necessary.

What does google translate say:

A lot of it will be in the future after six months with me, looked at my cyptic...

quam ob causam tam graves ?

Anyhow... just for you cool cats here:

I recently called LEGO support and it looks like ToO will be there just until/at least till... June/July next year.

Maybe this info helps some of you to relax a bit more and stops you from donating more blood and organs than necessary.

Locutus you didn't have to directly spell it out for everybody! ROFL

Who keeps saying the license is two years?  LOTR is going on it's third year and I would be surprised if LEGO made these new Hobbit sets at the tail end of 2014 with no plans to continue making them into 2015.  The question is how long do they keep making these sets into 2015 if retailers start dropping them and they are moving slowly?  I think that's why many are speculating that it could be done soon.

Who keeps saying the license is two years?  LOTR is going on it's third year and I would be surprised if LEGO made these new Hobbit sets at the tail end of 2014 with no plans to continue making them into 2015.  The question is how long do they keep making these sets into 2015 if retailers start dropping them and they are moving slowly?  I think that's why many are speculating that it could be done soon.

Are LOTR and Hobbit licenses the same?

Pretty cryptic if you ask me. Buy, buy, buy, what else do you need?

Take a breath here.  I said there will be a lot of cryptic messages over the next 6 months.  This set might have some life left in it, but I would strongly suggest if you don't have one, now is the time to start collecting them.  Once the movies are over, you know all of these LOTR sets will be slowly vanishing.  

Also, there might be a certain amount of inventory that was planned to last until June, but once people start sniffing retirement, it will never last.  

• Like 2

Take a breath here.  I said there will be a lot of cryptic messages over the next 6 months.  This set might have some life left in it, but I would strongly suggest if you don't have one, now is the time to start collecting them.  Once the movies are over, you know all of these LOTR sets will be slowly vanishing.  

Also, there might be a certain amount of inventory that was planned to last until June, but once people start sniffing retirement, it will never last.  

Yeah I think its normal buy time, but not panic time (set up scripts and pee yourself when they alert you)

i think trekgate was just "joshing" with us.  right trek?  

Yeah I think Trekgate had been sucking on the crack pipe again. 

While I appreciate this forum, at times the hysteria that is whipped up by speculation of EOL is a bit ridiculous.  Just recently someone speculated that the Tumbler is going EOL, never mind that it has been out but a few months...

No worries TG, SHAKE IT OFF, SHAKE IT OFF!

I felt a tinge of desire to go running to buy more tumblers too somewhere along that circus talk.  Bottom line is I don't think it is foolish to have a massive stack of tumblers growing in the old collection so when the coded message comes from nostradamack you can casually try to pick up a few instead of running around with my pants around my ankles to lego stores trying to scoop up R2s like a fool.

Why my pants are around my ankles, I have no idea.

I did manage to get 4 at 2 lego stores yesterday though, guess I'm lucky they aren't pushing the limit 1 exclusive thing.

• Like 3

I think people took my answer to Cross as the Tumbler retiring early.  He asked if there was one set to invest heavily in right now, what set would it be?  I said the Tumbler.  Whether it retires in 6 months or 3 years, it is a great set and it is hard to acquire, so I said to start now because you can never have too many of these sets.  

• Like 2