10237 - Tower of Orthanc

As a mere Plebian, my heart is broken and filled with humility at the cost of your Martyrdom in sharing 100.00% accurate information that is above question or rational analysis. And having "only" twelve of this set is tragic as well. Others may not appreciate your prophetic brilliance- and what it has cost you- but rest assured there are those of us who do see the shinning, brilliant Truth of your missive as Biblically important.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 2

So it's clear, post #196+#199 = /sarcasm.

All in good fun.

Legone, there are many different perspectives on this set; what its future value will be, and when it will or will not be officially retired. None of us know for sure. It's like throwing a dart at a moving target.

Edited by Cross

Lego UK/Europe: Out of stock, expected ship date null

I've never seen that one before. It seems the prophecy might be true, or, it's just double VIP month causing it....

I think it temporarily meant "unknown in the system" ("null" = no value), not "unkown by lego", maybe due to a bad typing in the database. It's ok now (available).

Lego UK/Europe: Out of stock, expected ship date null

I've never seen that one before. It seems the prophecy might be true, or, it's just double VIP month causing it....

I think it temporarily meant "unknown in the system" ("null" = no value), not "unkown by lego", maybe due to a bad typing in the database. It's ok now (available).

Right now it is 'Available Now' at LEGO Shop at Home ES.

In dealing with inventory they buy blocks of inventory during various items life cycle. They will have some.idea from lego of what that life cycle is. As an example my DS from amazon are current codes. If they are selling consistent inventory from a year ago, then they are using a lifo method of sales and inventory managmenet. Couple that with what we know about the lack of new sets from lego in the theme and the expected end run on the license and i expect amazon will run out of stock by the emd of the year and not get anymore. Similar to what i.expect the codes to be when i get my town halls from target. I cannot deduce if it is a slow seller, not enough information. I can deduce amazons sales and inventory managment. Come next april will be two year for orthanc. If that coincides with the license then iexpect lego wanta to be done selling by then. I do not expect it to retire in 2014. I do expect it to be unavailable by february of 2015.

In dealing with inventory they buy blocks of inventory during various items life cycle. They will have some.idea from lego of what that life cycle is. As an example my DS from amazon are current codes. If they are selling consistent inventory from a year ago, then they are using a lifo method of sales and inventory managmenet. Couple that with what we know about the lack of new sets from lego in the theme and the expected end run on the license and i expect amazon will run out of stock by the emd of the year and not get anymore. Similar to what i.expect the codes to be when i get my town halls from target. I cannot deduce if it is a slow seller, not enough information. I can deduce amazons sales and inventory managment. Come next april will be two year for orthanc. If that coincides with the license then iexpect lego wanta to be done selling by then. I do not expect it to retire in 2014. I do expect it to be unavailable by february of 2015.

That is a good guess....let me just say, as an inventory control manager for none other than Amazon, there are many things to consider when selling inventory.

Edited by MillerTime

I received my "Two Towers" today from Amazon.... sadly the bottom of the boxes were smashed in due to no packing material in an almost exact fitted box. WHat have others done when this happens? If I order again should I order two seperately in hopes they pack it better? thank you.

Unlike target , Amazon will try to combine orders. You can return the ones you received and place an order for one and once it ships go for the second . Or you contact Amazon and ask for a discount if you are willing to live with damaged sets,