Sets of 2013 - The List

He was the same person who first posted the pixelated image of the Orthanc also, which has been since taken down, only more making me guess that the set is indeed real since it had the edge of a confidential stamp on it. I would have much rather had a basic indian/cowboy/cavalry member poly for Lone Ranger, instead of ANOTHER set including Lone Ranger or Tonto.

Grogall from Eurobricks has confirmed that the Orthanc is real, but had no other information. If you have followed him you know that he brings good information. This is really awesome news, and if this is done right, paves the way for other exclusive/UCS sets for LotR and Hobbit. If they come out with a really nice Minas Tirith, you couldn't keep that thing on the shelves.

I'm truly excited for it. When I first heard of it, I thought is was gonna be a somewhat miniature one but after seeing that it's 8inx29in, my mouth dropped. Maybe this set will be a starting point for MOCers for expand on.

It's about time LEGO does the LOTR justice and makes a special set. This could be a classic.

Agreed this will be very very awesome!

I would have much rather had a basic indian/cowboy/cavalry member poly for Lone Ranger, instead of ANOTHER set including Lone Ranger or Tonto.

It's another Disney theme so of course they stick the main characters in practically everything they can.

I agree with you though, but we are talking about Disney. What can you do? Well heck, look at the "Cavalry Builder" set. Instead of having four soldiers and maybe pay around $12, we get three soldiers, the Lone Ranger, and are stuck paying $15. Not that great of an 'army builder' set in my opinion. (Neither was "Captain America's Avenging Cycle" for THE AVENGERS.)

If they come out with a really nice Minas Tirith, you couldn't keep that thing on the shelves.

YES! A build of Minas Tirith would be freakin' sweet!

Here's a microbuild of Minas Tirith on CUUSOO that I found sometime last year.

Added links for:

Lord of the Rings

The Tower of Orthanc

Seasonal (polybags)

Springtime Scene

Easter Bunny with Basket

Creator

Small Car (polybag)

City

Police Helicopter (polybag)

Super Heroes - Marvel

Iron Man vs Fighting Drone (polybag)

Legends of Chima

Super Pack 3-in-1

The Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger's Pump Car (polybag)

Tonto's Campfire (polybag)

Friends

Calendar

Friends - Collectables (Series 2)

Hedgehog's Hideaway

Poodle's Little Palace

Quick update of adding the "Exclusive" tag to a few sets across the board. Some of them are unconfirmed as to which store they really will be an 'exclusive' to. What disturbs me is the fact of how many of them seem to be only available from (gulp) Toys R Us! Atleast you can buy the set from LEGO Shop at Home regardless (phew). That way you will pay actual retail for the item.

Is there anywhere on the site to see a list of the exclusive sets?

I wish there was, it would make my job a little easier. I get my info from Bricker, Brickset, and sometimes Brickipedia. Brickset is usually the best at showing the 'limited' retail of a set in the description, but doesn't always show which store or region of the world it is exclusive to.

I hope Orthanc rolls out for this Summer.

Same here. That image gives more credibility to the tower being a real set.

While that picture is very cool, it is a few years old. If you have ever seen the full picture, you can see to the very right side the Kingdoms Joust set being worked on, which shows just how long they have been kicking around the idea of LotR for Lego. Along with the Orthanc, you can see renditions of Bag End, a Balrog, Helm's Deep, etc. I think LotR/Hobbit has a very bright future.

Added links for:

-CREATOR "Panda" polybag

-STAR WARS 3-in-1 Super Pack ("Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack", "A-Wing Starfighter", & "The Battle of Hoth")

-Monthly Minibuild (promotional polybag) for January, "Penguins and igloo"

New category can be found at the bottom of the list in main post.

No idea about any kind of retail though.

I am looking forward to: 2013 Winter Village set (whatever it is) Palace Cinema LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush and Tower of Orthanc Lone Ranger (Train, Stagecoach, Comanche Camp) I like a lot of Minifigure Series 11 (if reports of the possible list are true) I will also be very interested to see if Monster Fighters is done or not.

Added links for:

-The newest addition to MINDSTORMS, EV3. (This is right under the CUUSOO set at the top.)

-Summer Scene polybag under the SEASONAL category.

-Four more polypags for the Monthly Minibuild section.

And I updated the list of MINIFIGURES Series 9 names with the correct ones.

I need to update the overall total of the list and a couple other ones.

Two days ago, I first found in a news post on Brickset, then an actual link on The Brick Fan (that no longer works), about a preliminary image for the LORD OF THE RINGS "Battle at the Black Gate" on the Sears Canada website. This tidbit is driving me nuts, so I've attached the image for you to see. Hopefully LEGO won't notice. (So tell no one. Shhh!) Course they didn't seem to notice me posting the teaser for THE LONE RANGER here. Fingers crossed!

Two days ago, I first found in a news post on Brickset, then an actual link on The Brick Fan (that no longer works), about a preliminary image for the LORD OF THE RINGS "Battle at the Black Gate" on the Sears Canada website. This tidbit is driving me nuts, so I've attached the image for you to see. Hopefully LEGO won't notice. (So tell no one. Shhh!)

I guess Sears finally learned about their snafu. It was good while it lasted. Hopefully the official images will be released soon.

Definitely going to have to pick up several of the Black Gate sets. 2 to keep and build a bigger gate, and more for sale. I am really liking the next wave of LotR. I am really hoping(and assuming) that the eagle gets better. It is way too simplistic in my eyes. I would rather that it had real claws that could grip like it does in the movie than the 2x2 plate bottom.

I am really hoping(and assuming) that the eagle gets better. It is way too simplistic in my eyes. I would rather that it had real claws that could grip like it does in the movie than the 2x2 plate bottom.

All I can say is this is a preliminary image. Who knows how different the final product will be. Hopefully certain parts will be fine tuned before release, like that eagle. It is oddly simple. I think the brick-built eagle model in the CREATOR "Fierce Flyer" set looks better overall. A lot bigger, yes. But still better looking I think.

Finally got around to looking up the rest of the 'exclusives' and finding out which store they will be available from.

City

Fire Car (polybag, possible exclusive)

I think it will be available from Target. They seem to get a fair share of the polybags, especially City ones.

Fire Boat $29.99 (Wal-Mart)

Fire Helicopter $34.99 (Target)

Nothing definate to confirm those two. I did, however, see those sets only available at their respective stores.

Star Wars

BARC Speeder with sidecar $24.99 (Wal-Mart)

This fits actually. "Luke's Landspeeder" was exclusive to them afterall.

The Battle of Hoth $49.99 (Toys R Us)

Not surprised with this one. It is a large playset and Star Wars.

Legends of Chima

Winzar's Pack Patrol (polybag, Target, supposedly available for January)

Equila's Ultra Striker $39.99 (Target)

Razar's CHI Raider $39.99 (Wal-Mart)

Eagles Castle $39.99 (Toys R Us)

Seems the three main retailers each has one for this line.

Friends

Ice Cream Stand (polybag, Target)

Oh right. Almost forgot about the new FRIENDS "Pencil Holder" set.

I am not kidding. You read that right. A pencil holder.