Sets of 2013 - The List

Some random bits of news here & there.

An AFOL, whom makes custom minifigures, named Julian Fong (aka levork) had posted an eBay listing for his

"Street Fighter II" minifigure series, with all of the proceeds donated to Child's Play Charity. As of 11 pm November 2nd, the auction ended with a final bid of $500!

They are quite good. The only thing I'd change is Zangief's hair (it's too big and awkward).

LEGO "Street Fighter II" Minifigures Auction for Childs Play Charity a success - The Brick Fan

Attached a photo of all sixteen minifigures.

The Brothers Brick has a news post reminding us how November is the month of the "Vic Viper" and to celebrate the late nnenn by building your own.

I must say, nnen has an amazing variety of the most impressive designs I have ever seen.

Attached the "Vic Viper" instructions and an image showcasing twenty four of nnen's designs.

At EuroBricks, it's Super Heroes Month, which means various contests just for kicks.

At Target stores you can buy the exclusive Chase McCain minifigure in a polybag attached to a reservation card for the LEGO "CITY - Undercover" game for the Wii. It will only cost $1 to get the minifigure and you do not have to buy the game when it is released on November 18. If you do decide to use the card to pick up a copy of the game, you will recieve a $5 gift card.

Attached an image of the Chase McCain polybag with card and one of the exclusive minifigure.

And finally (before I forget yet again) available from No Starch Press, The LEGO Adventure Book Volume 1 is available as a paperback & eBook for $24.95, or just an eBook for $19.95. It contains many MOC's from a number of various AFOLS (some members of Classic-Castle).

Attached cover image of book.

In my opinion, if you can find the Chase McCain preorder polybag, buy a few of them. This is one of the few times where you can get an exclusive item without having to actually preorder or buy the game.

$1 is not that much considering you spend $3 on one character in the MINIFIGURES series.

He has practically the lowest investment cost ever possible, so why not?

(You can buy four of him for the cost of an average polybag!)

LORD OF THE RINGS fans, you're gonna love this! There is a confirmed second wave of sets planned for release in March of next year! A planned total of eight sets for this run, so far we only have info on three of them.

Lord of the Rings Second Wave (March)

Bridge of Khazam Had $40

Includes: Gandalf and a brick-built Balrog

291 pieces

Treebeard Encounter $60

Includes: Merry, Pippin, an Orc, and a brick-built Treebeard

583 pieces

The Betrayal of Isengard $100

Includes: Gandalf, Saruman, five Orcs, and the Palantir.

1034 pieces

It will more than likely be awhile before anymore info comes up about these or any of the other sets in this run to pop up. But still, I am glad to hear anything about getting more in this awesome line!

On a lesser note, a news post on Brickset mentions how LEGO books really are becoming big business.

I've posted recently of some books made by LEGO fans, and even mentioned here & there of the diverse selection of offical LEGO books. I certainly agree, LEGO books are becoming a good part of the market, especially custom ones from AFOLs.

Like this one coming up (available by November 16 in paperback).

The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Book by Joachim Klang (-derjoe-) and Oliver Albrecht (*Olly*)

Attached an image of Joachim's rendition of the ZZ-Top Eliminator, and one of Oliver's Peterbilt 379 & Daf 95XF trucks.

An AFOL, whom makes custom minifigures, named Julian Fong (aka levork) had posted an eBay listing for his

"Street Fighter II" minifigure series, with all of the proceeds donated to Child's Play Charity. As of 11 pm November 2nd, the auction ended with a final bid of $500!

They are quite good. The only thing I'd change is Zangief's hair (it's too big and awkward).

Attached a photo of all sixteen minifigures.

Read the story here: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-street-fighter-minifigures-for-childs-play-charity-a-success/

Please refer to posting #59 for the updates that should have gone here the other night.

My PC went AWOL on me just as I was about to submit the post, so I blew up a little.

I didn't go all 'Tazmanian Devil' on anyone, but I ended up doing a half-arsed post and let off some steam.

I am sorry about that, and hopefully will not happen again.

Before finishing up, I just found this news post on The Brick Fan about a possible second wave of GALAXY SQUAD sets! Sheesh, we still don't have anything about the first one, and now we have info about a possible second wave? Oh boy....

More GALAXY SQUAD Sets in August 2013 - The Brick Fan

There is also a hint about another set in the first wave we never heard about (much like the TMNT "Baxtar Robot Rampage" set).

This is good news, for me atleast. Not so much for anyone else here it would seem.

Oh well, more for me!

Attached the image of what may be the logo used for GALAXY SQUAD.

Looks very similiar to the AGENTS theme logo.

I added links for:

The promo video for THE HOBBIT "The Barrel Escape".

The last two TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES sets, plus a hidden one we never heard about before!

A complete listing for BRICKS & MORE. (Figured I might as well.)

Three of the eight sets in the second wave of LORD OF THE RINGS sets. (They're placeholders, really.)

A possible set for the first wave of GALAXY SQUAD. (More of a rumor, another placeholder.)

I did another overall cleanup of the list by getting rid of alot of 'garbage' (like the beginning paragraph & other odd bits) and organized it a little more. Still the same list basically, just more to the point I think.

I don't know why LEGO released the promo for "The Barrel Escape" on their youtube channel, yet have images for "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" on their official product page? (Guess someone got confused.)

Oh well, regardless here's a quick link for "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" official product page.

I'm sure no one really cares about the BRICKS & MORE sets, unless you have children or just curious.

Either way, here they are anyhow.

We now have a complete listing for the TMNT sets. *sigh*

When I first heard about this possible theme back then, I was excited. Now I just don't care. Dang it....

Now he's called "The Kraang"?! Excuse me, it's just "Krang"! That's as retarded as "The Batman" instead of just "Batman". Atleast in minifig form, April is kinda cute, but she's not the same. And who the heck is "Dogpound"?! I'm not sure but after some reading, this version of Baxter Stockman may be closer to his original comic book version, so I suppose there's some silver lining here. After everything, I still feel like the only part worth a darn are the "Foot Soldiers".

I attached pics of the actual boxsets for TMNT, including the unknown "Baxter Robot Rampage" set that just popped up out of nowhere.

This is basically what I had tried to originally post the other night, but as I said my computer went a little caca right before I could submit the reply (and pissed me off something fierce). I'll clean up & edit that other one to refer to this one, which is the 'right' update post.

I apoligize for the confusion and losing my temper.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

A news post on a few sites are literally lighting up with this interesting tidbit.

(For the sake of argument, I'll just go with the news post on The Brick Fan)

Thankfully, it seems that LEGO may make some new sets for their original CASTLE line!

So far, there is only a list of numbers for five possible sets with a release date of August 1, 2013.

Another kicker is that those said sets are listed under the "Legends" category, which means that they could be simple re-releases to complete redesigns of older sets.

On one hand, I was hoping for completely new set designs. However, if these are redesigns of much, much, older sets (I can't see them re-releasing anything from very recently), that could be interesting, too.

It may be hoping for a bit much, but I would like to see an 'Ultimate Build' of LEGO's very first Castle set!

Just added placeholders for the possible five CASTLE "Legends" sets coming in August 2013, and prices to the last TMNT sets without one. Thanks to the latest actual boxset images of those with the piece count shown, I did some calculation (price per piece) to determine the estimated retail. "Stealth Shell in Pursuit" may be off by a dollar. I am currently doing comparisons to try and come up with some predictions as to which sets LEGO will re-release for those sets of "Legends".

Besides getting a second wave of LORD OF THE RINGS in March, now we may be getting a second wave of THE HOBBIT sets in June! I wish there were some actually set names or numbers, but all I can really find is this tidbit about a possible second wave & release date. I figure the next wave will be for "The Desolation of Smaug", since that is the next film in "The Hobbit" trilogy.

An odd note for GALAXY SQUAD.

The set number for "Galaxy Walker" is 30230 (the others are 70700-70709), which implies that this will be the token polybag.

There's also a rumor that Disney is in opening discussions to buy out Hasbro. (What the f***?)

Disney buying Hasbro? - MTV Geek

The "Batmobile" polybag is now available at Target in the seasonal section (for some reason).

And finally some odd bits for MINIFIGURES Series 9.

The LEGO Club magazine had a small image of the character, "Dr. Splitz".

And finally, a youtube video showing what could possibly be the "Alien Trooper".

LEGO Series 9 Alien Trooper Minifigure - Youtube

Okay, not LEGO related by any means. Just wanted to share this awesome tune.

The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers - No Guts, No Glory (The Extended Cut)

The new Castle sets have me intrigued. I hope they are a completely original sets and not modern remakes of previous sets.

It is my personal hope that the Black Falcon knight in 10223 was a hint to the new sets. I would like to have another faction. Outside of the MMV and King's Castle, I don't own any Castle themed sets, and they seem to be too recent to be remaking them. If they are straight up re-makes of older sets, it will be interesting to see what they make. Maybe they will select from different themes, god knows there are tons to choose from. I will be happy with whatever they come up with since it won't adversely affect me, but new sets would be welcomed more than remakes.

The new Castle sets have me intrigued. I hope they are a completely original sets and not modern remakes of previous sets.

Unfortunately, since these set fall under the LEGENDS category, they will be re-releases of older ones that sold well the first time around. Like what LEGO did with "Black Falcon's Fortress", a set originally sold in 1986 was re-released in 2002. There was no difference what so ever between the two. For sake of nostaglia, I do like these LEGENDS re-releases, though I wouldn't mind if they 'reimagined' the set at the very least.

It is my personal hope that the Black Falcon knight in 10223 was a hint to the new sets.

He could be. Like I just mentioned, they already re-released "Black Falcon's Fortress" in the LEGENDS series, so they may do it again. I'm pretty sure they will not re-release any fairly recent set (like 4-5 years ago). Any set under the LEGENDS category are simply released due to popular demand and sales earned from when it was originally available, so that narrows it down somewhat.

Odd thought, I wonder if they might re-release any of the VIKINGS sets. That would be the best!

Here's a news post from Brickset about discounted BrickArms weapon packs.

I mentioned this in the list of MINIFIGURES Series 9 about finding an image for "Chicken Suit Guy".

Attached an image for the Black Falcon Knight that Huskers mentioned, and the image of the Chicken Man that was taken from the LEGO Club Magazine.

looking forward to too many of these - where do i start - i need to continue with the Superhero range as i have all of this years. Then i need to Hobbit range to go with my Lord of the Rings Sets. and lets not forget the new ranges like TMNT, Lone Ranger etc etc..... Damn you lego this will be an expensive year

FINALLY!!! We have images for two sets of GALAXY SQUAD!

I added links and an estimated price for:

Space Swarmer

Bug Obliterator

Attached boxart images of the two to this post.

Huh, well they have absolutely nothing to do with the "Galaxy Patrol" minifigure from Series 7. A bit of a bummer, but then again that may be a good thing. Like that "Space Marines" CUUSOO project still has a chance of being passed!

Man, look at those funky colors! The hero's craft has the same color scheme as the MARS MISSION theme did. I've heard enough of everyone's 'disapproval' for this theme, I can not wait to see what the rest of this line will be like!

Should have looked just a little more on cupishalfempty's flickr gallery.

(The guy who found those GALAXY SQUAD sets.)

He also has a a pic showing two of next years CREATOR sets, "Power Mech" & "Thunder Wings".

Also the TECHNIC "Hovercraft". I attached those images here.

The two 'new' CREATOR sets are the ones right in the middle of the first image.

One is a green mech, the other is a blue and orange jet

Should have looked just a little more on cupishalfempty's flickr gallery.

(The guy who found those GALAXY SQUAD sets.)

He also has a a pic showing two of next years CREATOR sets, "Power Mech" & "Thunder Wings".

Also the TECHNIC "Hovercraft". I attached those images here.

The two 'new' CREATOR sets are the ones right in the middle of the first image.

One is a green mech, the other is a blue and orange jet

The new cement truck is way over on the left too. I haven't seen any new stuff and was out yesterday, where are these pics located?

EDIT: Looks like Canada.

The new cement truck is way over on the left too. I haven't seen any new stuff and was out yesterday, where are these pics located?

EDIT: Looks like Canada.

Yeah, I really should have mentioned the Canada part. My bad.

I didn't even notice the cement truck. Course it's barely in frame at all. Sharp eye there, Huskers!

Galaxy Squad

Well, atleast here is one person looking forward to GALAXY SQUAD besides myself. Good thing too since we finally have images & links for the rest of the GALAXY SQUAD sets!

I definately love the aliens and their spacecrafts in this theme, but I will admit that I'm not so sure about the heroes themselves. While the insect baddies are consistant with their color scheme, the good guys seem like they couldn't decide on a color. So instead of being one, they're all of them. Since the heroes for ALIEN CONQUEST were blue, I was hoping for 'something else', but it seems atleast half of the heroes are blue just like the prior space theme. The red is actually nice, and the orange works. Not sure about the green, kinda clashes a bit.

I'm attaching some more images from cupishalfempty's flickr gallery. Seems he went back to his Toys R Us in Canada and bought those first two GALAXY SQUAD sets, "Space Swarmer" & "Bug Obliterator". Each contained a little flyer showing the rest of the series.

First image is the flyer showing the GALAXY SQUAD sets.

Second shows the two minifigures included in the "Space Swarmer" set.

Third shows the whole "Space Swarmer" set itself.

He also took a shot of the front & back side of the "High Speed Chase" boxset. It does contain the "Chase McCain" minifigure, however, if you look on the back image you can see his torso is not the same as the preorder one. So atleast there is some 'unique'ness going for the one in the preorder polybag if you did manage to buy him. Also that 'spike belt' is really a set of tank treads lying on their flat sides. The one thing that is troubling me is the fact that this set will probably be an 'exclusive', and it was found at Toys R Us. I hope I'm wrong, but we may have to buy this one from (gulp) Toys R Us.

Crap....

Attached images for the front and back side of "High Speed Chase".

One last thing to note, in the image for the "Flatbed Truck" take a gander at the piece on the front-middle of the truck. Looks like a brand new piece, eh? Funky. I like the use of dark red for the sports car.

(We really need more dark red or blue parts in these sets.)

Attached image for "Flatbed Truck".