Sets of 2013 - The List

Here to go with my previous update, an image for the previously unseen "Thunder Wings" CREATOR set.

Well it definately catches your eye that's for sure. Abit wierd, but rather interesting. Has a few parts I might find useful for something....

"Super Racer" looks like just about any other racecar. A decent one though.

The "Power Mech" is an interesting one. Looks like a LEGO version of a Transformer!

The CITY "Tanker Truck" is rather nice, even comes with a little gas pump. Only one minifig though.

(Guess the pump is meant to replace the second minifig.)

The crooks in next years POLICE sets look like cat burglars. Plus a little more menacing somewhat.

I think the cops this time around are supposed to be LEGO's idea of a special forces task squad or LEGO SWAT! They're supposed to be from the CITY "Undercover" video game, I know.

Just added some retail prices across the list. Basically did some calculations using the piece count on the boxsets from the images on cupishalfempty's flickr gallery and a little bit of rounding up & down. Tried to go by LEGO's usual pricing methods.

Castel castel castel! i cant wait for them! if they are re-issues,hope their pre 90,s

I hope so too. I am pretty sure though that atleast a couple will be from the 90's. Maybe even one from the early 2000's.

There's some new information about the Series 10 Collectible Minifigures. From the looks of it, I might be picking up both Series 9 & 10. http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-collectible-minifigures-series-10-preview/

I was just about to start a thread on that and get everyone's input. A couple of those from Series 10 wil be very interesting if they are legit. I've been trying to collect each entire series since Series 4.

I currently have the complete Series 8, and half of Series 7, Series 6, & Series 5.

Only four from, well, Series 4.

As for links I've added:

CREATOR - "Thunder Wings"

CITY - "Helicopter Arrest" (previously unknown set)

STAR WARS - "The Battle of Hoth" (another previously unknown set)

Now ALL of the CREATOR sets have links and proper pages on both Brickset & Bricker.

We have two more sets we've never heard of til now, "Helicopter Arrest" and "The Battle for Hoth"!

Overall, most of the CITY & CREATOR sets have additional images.

A possible set titled "Eagle's Castle" for LEGENDS OF CHIMA has popped up.

The list of Series 9 MINIFIGURES is very confirmed by LEGO themselves!

I have attached the image of 'the backs' here as well as to my last post on the "MINIFIGURES - Series 9 List" thread. Also updated this thread list with the Series 9 list.

And finally, a possible set for the ARCHITECTURE series has sprung up.

(Your guess is as good as mine to what it will be.)

My list:

The Battle of Hoth

Tank Truck

Flatbed Truck

Cement Mixer

A-Wing Starfighter

Grand Prix Racer

Excavator

Hovercraft

Horizon Express

Mini Speeder

Construction Hauler

Star Wars - Planets Series 3

Kamino/Jedi Starfighter

Coruscant/Republic Assault Striker

Asteroid Field/TIE Bomber

Series 4

Hoth/Snowspeeder

Endor/B-Wing

Alderaan/Tantive IV

Golden Dragon

BOLD items are 'must haves' I missed out on early trains and the Technic Formula 1 racers and will not be caught short again!

My list:

The Battle of Hoth

Tank Truck

Flatbed Truck

Cement Mixer

A-Wing Starfighter

Grand Prix Racer

Excavator

Hovercraft

Horizon Express

Mini Speeder

Construction Hauler

Star Wars - Planets Series 3

Kamino/Jedi Starfighter

Coruscant/Republic Assault Striker

Asteroid Field/TIE Bomber

Series 4

Hoth/Snowspeeder

Endor/B-Wing

Alderaan/Tantive IV

Golden Dragon

BOLD items are 'must haves' I missed out on early trains and the Technic Formula 1 racers and will not be caught short again!

Pretty sweet list there.

Definately agree on the TECHNIC Racers as 'must haves'. Next year's "Hovercraft" looks real good.

The STAR WARS "Planets" are the same as the MINIFIGURES series, as in "I gotta have them all!" Haha.

Plus next year's offerings are nice little builds. Abit better than the first two series in my opinion overall.

The "Excavator" should have ALOT of those nice tank tread pieces!

I have added actual retail prices on many sets due to the fact that they are currently available on the LEGO Shop at Home website!

(The easiest way to find them all is to click on the 'What's New' category at the top of the page.)

I will list those sets here.

Bricks & More

My First LEGO Princess

My First LEGO Fire Station

Creator

Mini Speeder

Mini Skyflyer

Super Racer

Fierce Flyer

Construction Hauler

Power Mech

Thunder Wings

Technic

Hovercraft

Mini Backhoe Loader

Off-road Racer

Race Car

City

Tanker Truck

Flatbed Truck

Cement Mixer

Firefighters

Fire Motorcycle

Fire Chief Car

Fire Truck

Fire Emergency

Police

Police ATV

High Speed Chase

Helicopter Arrest

Galaxy Squad (All sets available!)

Space Swarmer

Swarm Interceptor

Warp Stinger

Star Slicer

Vermin Vaporizer

Bug Obliterator

Friends

Heartlake Pet Salon

Heartlake City Pool

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey

(This may be redundant but all sets are available so that everyone knows.)

I am sure these are currently available for the 'christmas rush' as well as serving as a preview for next year's offerings. We may expect a couple more to pop up before this year is over......or not.

I'm not surprised by how much the TECHNIC sets are, those retail prices are about average. What gets me is they raised the price on the two 'mini' CREATOR sets by a dollar (Before they were $5.99, these are now $6.99! And they do not contain more parts either! It's the same thing they did with the MINIFIGURES series, great....), and the price for some of the other's went up ("Super Racer" & "Bug Obliterator") while others went down ("Power Mech" & "Thunder Wings"). Wierd....

I've added links for:

the two GALAXY SQUAD polybags ("Mini Mech" and "Space Insectoid")

"Eagle's Castle" for LEGENDS OF CHIMA (previously unknown set)

It seems that "The Barrel Escape" from THE HOBBIT will be a Toys R Us exclusive. (Kept trying to figure out what the deal was with this between the "he said, she said". After it all I'm going with Brickipedia on this.)

Hard to tell what "Eagle's Castle" is from that lousy resolution of an image....seems interesting.

Not so sure about the GALAXY SQUAD polybags really. The "Mini Mech" is okay, but the other is....meh.

Added the set numbers for the four possible sets of the second wave in August.

Attached images for the two GALAXY SQUAD polybags, and one for LEGENDS OF CHIMA "Eagle's Castle".

Is it me or does it seem that lego is releasing a lot of polybags this year? I got into the polybag thing late but it seems like every week there is a new polybag being released.

It certainly seems like that, doesn't it?

What I found frustrating is just how many of them were exclusives either for Toys R Us, Legoland theme parks, or the "Sun Newspaper" in the UK.

On a slighlty related note, I wonder why the heck LEGO released the "Star Wars - Battle of Hoth" boardgame only in Europe? It just seems rather ludicrous, especially after viewing how the game is played on their website that it's looks like a very fun idea actually. Nice bit of challenge & strategy, but nothing too difficult. Oh, and the fact of how popular Star Wars still is over here in the US.

Oh well, their loss.

A new thread on Eurobricks created by WhiteFang has a complete review for MINIFIGURES - SERIES 9!

I don't know how the heck he managed to already get a complete set, but he states that Series 9 is due for global launch by December 3rd (today!!!!).

Here are the links to his review and flickr gallery for Series 9.

71000 LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 9 Review by WhiteFang - Eurobricks

WhiteFang (Eurobricks)'s gallery - flickr

Man, these guys are freakin' AWESOME!!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on these!

I've attached images for Series 9, starting with the retailers box, 'mystery bag', contained leaflet, and two different shots showing the complete set.

Orc King- I believe the issue with Battle of Hoth game was licensing here in the States. As for the CMF's, I rather like some of them this go-round. I'm not a collector of them at all, might pick a couple up for stockings, but generally don't buy them. The Jekyl/Hyde, Caesar, "Brave" girl, Knight all look great and would work with other themes well. Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde was about the only other Monster Hunters character they could have theoretically added that was mainstream enough for people. My guess is Lego made him for that series, but nixed him in the end. For those that collect these and know their history, have there been "hints" in the CMF's to future sets or themes? They seem to fit in TOO well sometimes to what comes out. If the Caesar was a precursor to a Roman theme, that would be amazing.

Sorry to keep clogging up this thread with my thoughts, but someone one Eurobricks pointed out something that I find fascinating, and leads to one of my questions, do the CMF's have hints in them? Well, look at the hair on the girl that looks like she's from the movie "Brave". http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71868&st=2050 Look like Endor Leia???? It's pretty close, has the braids and all and rumors have been going around about an Ewok Village set. We will have to wait and see. A well done Ewok village would be something.

After seeing the review for 10937 Arkham Asylum, that is an absolute must get, a few times over. One to build, and a couple to put away. It will still have to be on sale though, pretty rough sticker price.

I agree on the rough sticker price and I also agree that this is an absolute must for 2013! Unfortunately everyone knows it's a must. I will still pick a couple up for the right price. I'm also a big fan of some of the new city stuff like the new Octan truck, Flatbed Tow Truck, and the Cement Mixer. Prior to seeing photos of the new Cement Mixer on LEGO Shop at Home I liked the old Blue one from a couple years ago better, but after seeing the new photos, the new yellow Cement Mixer is beginning to grow on me. Also set 76000 is something I will definitely be grabbing multiples of. With a new Mr. Freeze minifig, Aquaman minfig, and the exclusive white Batman, this is definitely a set all Batman collectors (including myself) must have.

Look like Endor Leia???? It's pretty close, has the braids and all and rumors have been going around about an Ewok Village set. We will have to wait and see. A well done Ewok village would be something.

It's funny that you mention that, cause I kept thinking of just how much her hair reminded me of Leia's braided hairstyle on Endor. I have a feeling that an Ewok tree town is very possible. I really don't see why not.

Sorry to keep clogging up this thread with my thoughts, but someone one Eurobricks pointed out something that I find fascinating, and leads to one of my questions, do the CMF's have hints in them?

No problem, isn't that what these thread are for? To toss around ideas & such.

Anyway, the collectible minifigs are full of hints. Not neccessarily always towards new themes, but new designs and ideas down the not-so-distant road. I've made mention before of how some of the characters are made in correlation with a theme available around the same time. (Like how the Series 3 "Space Alien" was available the same time as the last series of SPACE POLICE sets, or why Series 9 has the "Power Mech" to go with the GALAXY SQUAD theme.)

Heck, look at just how many different movie monsters were done in the MINIFIGURES line before LEGO finally did MONSTER FIGHTERS. And look at all the different characters in 'regular' sets that are wearing/using accessories that were first worn/used by the ones in the MINIFIGURES series.

With all of the separate Greek/Roman esque characters that have been done, I would find it hard to believe if LEGO does not create a theme around this time period in the near future. Or at the very least find some excuse to use all those custom molds they created for all those minifigures.

(You know, I wouldn't mind a Mayan or Arabian theme actually.)

In response to Rich B's post,

I think the newer "Cement Mixer" fits very well on a construction site but I do like the older blue one better. I agree on the "Arctic Batman" set becoming collectible. "Arkham Asylum" is a no-brainer, how could it not be collectible? (Wicked details there.) I think the "Spider-Cycle Chase" will be collectible for the "Venom" minifigure alone.

On a slighlty related note, I wonder why the heck LEGO released the "Star Wars - Battle of Hoth" boardgame only in Europe? It just seems rather ludicrous, especially after viewing how the game is played on their website that it's looks like a very fun idea actually. Nice bit of challenge & strategy, but nothing too difficult. Oh, and the fact of how popular Star Wars still is over here in the US.

Oh well, their loss.

Hasbro has the exclusive rights to Star Wars board games in the US damnit. I picked up a couple of the Battle of Hoth from Amazon France (I think? one of the Euro ones). The game is pretty fun and the minibuilds are very cool. It even comes with a micro Boba Fett (why? no idea). Hoth is my favorite, so I'll pick up anything Lego Hoth-related!

Hasbro has the exclusive rights to Star Wars board games in the US damnit.

......You're kidding me. Son-of-a-bullshoe, that's about the dangest thing I've ever heard.

That really is too bad cause it does look like a rather fun game. Guess there's always Bricklink....bugger.

I don't know why they included a "Boba Fett" microfigure but I'm glad they did so what the heck! Heh.

I like just about everything "Hoth" (or snow) related myself.

Oh right, almost forgot.

I just added totals for each collection of sets based on verified (or realistic) retail prices, and a complete sum of all those totals at the bottom of the list. Since almost all of the list prices have been actually confirmed, I just thought showing the 'totals' would give everybody a good 'bird's eye' view of just how much one could expect to spend this year.

Oh boy, it's gonna be one expensive year....

LEGO Shop at Home has pages for all the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES sets and shows each will be available for purchase by December 17th. (Really pushing these for the 'christmas rush', aren't they? I'm surprised they haven't done that with the final wave of NINJAGO, really.) There is no 'Theme' page for these yet, but just like the other 2013 sets the easiest way to find these is by selecting the "What's New" category.

There is a small differance in price for two sets.

"Stealth Shell in Pursuit" is now $19.99 (originally $17.99)

"Shredder's Dragon Bike" is now $24.99 (originally $19.99)

Also saw the CUUSOO site with a news post posted just yesterday about the MINECRAFT set being available from Shop at Home, and it's showing Sold Out again!

Man, is that a record or what?!

All but "Baxtar Robot Rampage" of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES sets are now available from Toys R Us. (Which hopefully means that that one set will not be another Toys R Us exclusive.)

TMNT - Toys R Us (USA)

We finally have some kind of promo image for THE LONE RANGER.

Attached the image.

The next model in the ARCHITECTURE line will be the "Imperial Hotel" (possibly the one designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in Tokyo). Here is the listing on Amazon.fr.

Attached an image of said building.

There is also some talk about whether or not the next line of CASTLE sets are completely original ones extending the line or actual "Legends" sets that will be re-releases of classic ones. Only time will tell, but If were to put some money on it I would say just on the fact that there is a total of six sets that each one will be a completely original set.

(I couldn't see LEGO re-releasing THAT many sets in one year alone.) However, I think that atleast one of those (King's Castle) could still be a "Legends" set.

Here's a very FRIEND-ly post! (Yay, another bad pun!)

Three sets get a slight name change, no biggie.

Every set has a actual retail price and is now available from Lego Shop-At-Home with the exception of:

Collectibles - Series 1 (Available Dec 17)

Collectibles - Series 2 (not even listed)

Mia's Magic Tricks (Available Dec 12 or tomorrow)

Updated the "totals".

Currently to have one of every 2013 set will cost you $2,362.71 (amd that's before tax).

Oh, and the LEGENDS OF CHIMA sets I mentioned yesterday are supposed to be the "Summer Wave".

Found some cool stuff from The Brick Fan (who else?).

We have a promotional image for the action figures (or Ultrabuilds) of LEGENDS OF CHIMA showing that those will be available sometime in July. Attached the poster image.

Also found that the reason behind the minifig ratio for the latest Series 9 coming out very soon is that LEGO is now releasing smaller boxes containing only 30 mystery bags compared to the original 60.

Here's the article on Brick Fanatics.

So now you can supposedly get a whole set plus 14 extras.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I like where this is going. True, you could buy just one box and get a complete set with some extras. Which would be fine for the average person IF they actually sold these to the average person! The only people who can get their hands on the retailer's box in the first place are people that are 'in the know' and plan on selling them to begin with.

Now if the next time I go to someplace like Target and they offer to sell a whole never been opened box, I'll pick up one maybe. But I doubt they will actually do that and just continue to sell the individual packets like they have been. I wonder how much LEGO will charge for the smaller boxes anyway?

Then again, I have no idea how much the bigger ones cost anyhow.