Sets of 2013 - The List

Yeah that modular seems to be the only eye catcher right now, that and the a-wing (OT fan of course)!!!

I'll prob pick up a hobbit set or two.

The Lone Ranger, Cavalry Builder sounds interesting though.

Does this mean we finally get a battle pack for horses?

If yes, then I'm definitely sweeping up a dozen or more, if the price is right.

I feel the same on all counts.

I'm curious about how the "Commanche Camp" & "Constitution Train Chase" will look like.

The main reason I would get the "Spider Cycle-Chase" is Venom.

After seeing a picture for all of the STAR WARS "Planets", they're better this time around.

Definately getting a few of the "Republic & Sith Troopers Battle Packs"! (Sith Trooper looks wicked!)

Just added:

Set listing on LEGO Shop at Home for CREATOR - EXPERT "Horizon Express". Confirmed release date.

Link for CITY - "Tank Truck"

Release dates confirmed for STAR WARS "Planets" series.

Links for almost all FRIENDS box sets.

The "Tank Truck" is actually quite nice, "Planets" are better overall, and "Emma's Karate Class" may be the first set of FRIENDS that I would actually buy.

I had a link to GrooveBricks showing the "Planets", but the page is gone now because the image was 'flagged'. I saved a copy of the pic showing all six planets, so I could post it here, but I don't want BrickPicker to get into any kind of trouble from LEGO.

I will say this much on them though. They look like pretty good 'mini' builds, and the figures & planets themselves are nice.

Upon further review, I'm in for the Arkham Asylum, Rancor Pit, and Umbaran MHC (my girlfriend is a huge Ahsoka fan and I haven't been able to find the old sets at a decent price). In for the planets series (gotta catch 'em all!). I can't wait for Hoth. I wonder when the first series will go EOL. The set is still on LEGO Shop at Home for $24.99 if you need something to fill out an order for free shipping. Minifig-wise, in for Arctic Batman (probably) and Tumbler Chase (definitely, loved TDKR). Those Republic and Sith Trooper battle packs look awesome!

I'll prob pick up a hobbit set or two.

The Lone Ranger, Cavalry Builder sounds interesting though.

Does this mean we finally get a battle pack for horses?

If yes, then I'm definitely sweeping up a dozen or more, if the price is right.

I feel the same on all counts.

I'm curious about how the "Commanche Camp" & "Constitution Train Chase" will look like.

The main reason I would get the "Spider Cycle-Chase" is Venom.

After seeing a picture for all of the STAR WARS "Planets", they're better this time around.

Definately getting a few of the "Republic & Sith Troopers Battle Packs"! (Sith Trooper looks wicked!)

After seeing the set titles for Lone Ranger, I am a bit optimistic about the theme. I totally missed the older cowboys/indians theme they had going years ago, and a reboot of this would be cool. I don't really care about the movie itself, but having sets for both camps could be cool.

Also, after seeing the super vehicles for City, I will probably pass on the Flatbed and Octan trucks, but I like the Cement Mixer. I like the old mixer better, but don't want to pay the price. I have the older Octan truck, so don't need another.

After seeing the set titles for Lone Ranger, I am a bit optimistic about the theme. I totally missed the older cowboys/indians theme they had going years ago, and a reboot of this would be cool. I don't really care about the movie itself, but having sets for both camps could be cool.

Also, after seeing the super vehicles for City, I will probably pass on the Flatbed and Octan trucks, but I like the Cement Mixer. I like the old mixer better, but don't want to pay the price. I have the older Octan truck, so don't need another.

I also have hope for the LONE RANGER sets. I was lucky to get practically every WILD WEST set when they came out. Hopefully with this new theme we'll get some cool sets.

I like most of the CITY stuff actually, including the "Cement Mixer". And I agree, the old one is better (nicer colors) but will cost a pretty penny to get it now in good condition.

Just found even more links for: All but one of the CREATOR sets. Four of the FRIENDS - Collectables. ....Weeell, it's not like the CREATOR sets were all that impressive to begin with. I mean it's pretty much a theme you only get for parts. Atleast that's the only reason I've ever bought any. Some of them look like ones we've already got before. Just as I figured, the "Power Mech" is the only one I'd buy. (Not sure about the color though.) As for the FRIENDS - Collectables, oh lord. It's Doctor Dolittle for girls.

I also have hope for the LONE RANGER sets. I was lucky to get practically every WILD WEST set when they came out. Hopefully with this new theme we'll get some cool sets.

I like most of the CITY stuff actually, including the "Cement Mixer". And I agree, the old one is better (nicer colors) but will cost a pretty penny to get it now in good condition.

I also am optimistic about this Lone Ranger theme. I loved the old wild west sets from the mid 90s, wish I could find those old sets, probably buried in my parents attic somewhere. Also like the new city stuff, I think I'll probably get the flat bed truck even though I have the orange tow truck from a couple years ago, this one is different being that it's a flat bed. Never had a chance to get the old cement mixer so I'll definitely be purchasing the new one even though I also liked the colors of the old one more. I have the other octane truck but may get the new one since its a little different (smaller and no trailer) when compared to the other one. I think both of the 2 octane trucks next to one another will make for a nice little gas/petroleum layout.

I'll probably just get The Hobbit, the Super Heroes, The Lone Ranger, TMNT, the Rancor Pit, and Horizon Express sets.

Good picks.

Just a 'slight' update.

LEGO 'Shop at Home set listing for "Batman: Arkham Asylum Escape". Confirms release date.

On a side note, all 'confirmed' dates will be colored red from now on.

Figure it might help differentiate between the dates that have been vs the ones that haven't yet been confirmed.

A couple of nice shots of inside the van and the prison cells on the set listing.

Love the shot of The Joker in the stretcher! Feels reminiscient of 'Hannibal'!

Just found a topic on Eurobricks with some actual set pics for LEGENDS OF CHIMA.

Eurobricks - Legends of Chima 2013

There's a sorta "Thundercats" (the new version) vibe to them.

Literally just found & added links for:

STAR WARS - "Planets" Series 3 & 4!

FINAL-F***ING-LY! We get images for the complete "Planets" series! Well, like I said before we did, but that image was 'flagged' for some reason. That's what it said on GrooveBricks when they had the page. Then next day the page was gone.

No matter, since Bricker & Brickset have the links (I'm sure a few others will soon), it shouldn't be a problem now if I attach the original image showing all six planets in case you're interested.

I had to reduce the quality abit. The original was 2MB! Reduced it down to 300KB.

Would look better if the paint program on here didn't suck major portions of ass!

Side note, I did a little 'cleaning' over the list. The "available by" dates now simply read as the month, like (January) instead of the other way of (available January). Kinda running low on available characters for those main posts so I'm trying to be more 'efficient'. Besides that everything else is the same.

Did a overall list cleanup. Since it would seem that every set on this list has the potential of being released sometime in January (which I doubt, that is WAY too many sets for one month!), I deleted all of the 'redundant' release dates and basically said in the introduction that "unless specified otherwise, all sets are expected to be released by January". Overall, I added: Promo video on LEGO's youtube channel for THE HOBBIT "Riddles for the Ring" Complete price listing on all THE HOBBIT sets. Basic price listing on HERO FACTORY sets based on prior similiar sets. STAR WARS - Battle Packs & "Planets" price based on prior sets/series. The last MARVEL set is finally named! (Iron Man - Malibu Mansion) LEGENDS OF CHIMA sets have a complete price listing. (Feel more like averages than actuals.) Changed a few of the FRIENDS set names. Boy, what a busy last week, eh?

Mostly due to the fact that I'm running out of room in my main two posts (and the fact that these sets are considered 'kid grade' and hardly collectible at all), I'm placing these links here just in case anyone is the slightest bit curious.

Bricks & More

Monster Trucks

My First LEGO Princess

My First LEGO Set

Blue Suitcase

Pink Suitcase

My First LEGO Fire Station

Besides the 'kid factor' of being very simplified and basically a bucket of parts, some of the figures (like the ones in "My First LEGO Princess" or "Monster Trucks") are rather nice. Not collectible, but still not bad.

Besides NINJAGO being discontinued early next year after one final wave of sets, the MONSTER FIGHTERS & DINO themes are also heading out the door by (or before) next year. Not exactly surprising, DINO is just one of those 'one run' themes really, and MONSTER FIGHTERS is a rather halloween (if not b-movie) centered theme with a storyline eerily similiar to "The Monster Squad" movie in many aspects. As for what this will do to their worth when they're EOL, I haven't the foggiest. You be the judge. One last note, I just came across some dates for more THE HOBBIT promo videos & pics on LEGO.com. The next one, "Attack of the Wargs", will be available October 29th. (Or next monday) Then, "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders", will be available November 5th. And finally, "The Barrel Escape", will be available November 12th.

Came across this good close-up of the minifigure included in "Razcals Raven Glider".

Hmm...looks pretty vicious doesn't he?

Thanks to this pic, it would seem that these LEGENDS OF CHIMA minifigures have the basic head and wear a custom molded helmet of sorts. For a time, we thought each had a complete custom designed headpiece.

I think what will end up making these sets more expensive than they should be are those 'Speedorz' thingies. Look at the NINJAGO spinners, the main reason they were $10 (or if you were unlucky, $13) was because of those 'spinner-disks'. Sure, there were the five playing cards and three weapons. But still, $10 is quite abit for just one minifigure, exclusive or not. It's bad enough we're forced to pay $3 for any MINIFIGURES mystery pack since Series 3.

In my opinion, unless there is some actually exclusive "something-or-nother" in those 'Speedorz' packs, I'll just stick with the main sets. You'll get your figures AND a good assortment of pieces.

Before I forget (again), someone on Eurobricks pointed out that the basic storyline and idea for

LEGENDS OF CHIMA may have been influenced by legends from the Chima Indians of Trinidad.

....Now that I think about it, this 'birdman' reminds me of the fabled "Tengu".

Found a 'preliminary' image for the last two TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES sets, and the estimated price for both. Here's the link.

Two more TMNT sets found! - BrickExtra

Also found an article on theBrickBlogger showing a eBay seller called BlockPartyBricks selling minifigures from NEXT YEARS SETS!!! Here's the link to the article.

LEGO Legends of Chima & others on eBay! - theBrickBlogger

The seller also has custom (and questionable) figures & parts.

Like this red ninja.

Lego Classic Red Ninja Minifigure Ninjago Minifig Mini Fig Vintage Kai Samurai

First off, it's a reissue from the "Vintage Minifigure Collection". So it is not vintage at all.

And second, it is not from NINJAGO and is not Kai! He's just your basic red ninja.

I love this next one.

100% Authentic Lego Red Misprint Darth Vader Helmet *EXTREMELY RARE* Minifigure

One-hundred percent authentic misprint?! How the heck can you prove that?! When did LEGO ever do this or how could someone get a hold of something like it? With all the different sites of people making custom LEGO parts, I doubt it's authenticity. Besides, the guy wants a thousand dollars for this! No thanks.

I have no idea how this seller got a hold of those figures to begin with, but if you REALLY want those figures right now......

I love this next one.

100% Authentic Lego Red Misprint Darth Vader Helmet *EXTREMELY RARE* Minifigure

One-hundred percent authentic misprint?! How the heck can you prove that?! When did LEGO ever do this or how could someone get a hold of something like it? With all the different sites of people making custom LEGO parts, I doubt it's authenticity. Besides, the guy wants a thousand dollars for this! No thanks.

I have no idea how this seller got a hold of those figures to begin with, but if you REALLY want those figures right now......

Probably one of the few prototypes.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=30368&colorID=5

Remember that there are people working within TLG that smuggles spice out of factories.

Probably one of the few prototypes.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=30368&colorID=5

Remember that there are people working within TLG that smuggles spice out of factories.

You're more than likely right.

I suppose what gets me is how someone can take an item like this, then turn around and sell it under their company's nose. I know LEGO can't have eyes & ears everywhere all the time, but with what the company has become today I'd be shocked if they didn't have some form of security or means of dealing with corporate espionage on some level.

Just like how an employee of Pepsi can't take the formula to Coke (which has happened) without some serious due.

Eh, who knows? Maybe I'm just blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

Like in the case of selling some of next years minifigures is one of LEGO's way for 'getting it out' about the upcoming sets. You never know with the games companies play anymore....

Well, news has slowed down considerably (compared to the last two weeks). We have an almost complete (& confirmed) listing of every set of 2013. Only a few odds & ends still unconfirmed or, at the least, no preliminary picture or box art for.

I believe the LONE RANGER & GALAXY SQUAD themes will end up being releashed much later in 2013, perhaps around the middle or 2nd half of the year. So it will be awhile before we finally see images for those sets (around February at the lastest maybe). And still nothing as to the deal with the "Palace Cinema", which LEGO may actually be keeping a lid on this one until much later (like next year later).

Too bad.

Oh well, regardless I'm still looking forward to either theme with great anticipation.

We usually get full info on the next MINIFIGURES Series roughly a month (sometimes two) before they actually are available, so that could mean we'll have pics sometime by December. I have a few predictions for a couple that we may get in the upcoming Series 9 & 10.

Couple highlights in news, here's the link to LEGO's own LEGENDS OF CHIMA placeholder webpage. It's more of a 'teaser' right now showing off three different pics, but will eventually become the main page for the theme.

(This is the only way to access the page currently.)

Legends of Chima - LEGO.com

Supposedly, LEGO and Cartoon Network will be making a TV series to go with the theme, just like what they did with NINJAGO.

And here is some good news for TECHNIC MOC'ers,

Pawel "Sariel" Kmiec has created & releashed the "Unofficial LEGO TECHNIC Builder's Guide".

A 352 page book in full color showcasing many of his unique builds & the techniques used to create them. It retails for $30 and will be available by October 30th from Amazon.com (paperback) or No Starch Press (paperback & eBook or digital download).

If you pre-order from Amazon now, you can get a paperback for $16.93.

I'm pretty underwhelmed for the upcoming City sets. How many fire and police related things do I need? I'd prefer some variety in my city - libraries, different shops, restaurants, etc. The museum would be an alright set if the actual museum had more size & structure. As an investor, I'm not that into many of the 2013 offerings, and as a builder with a city I'm not that excited, either. Instead I'm going to try to find EOL or close to EOL sets from the past couple of years.

I'm pretty underwhelmed for the upcoming City sets. How many fire and police related things do I need? I'd prefer some variety in my city - libraries, different shops, restaurants, etc.

I wish we had some variety with the CITY theme as well. And yeah, just how many cops does one city need anyway? Wouldn't be so bad if we actually got some housing for, you know, people! Jeez, its like forty platoons of police to every one civilian! Well, maybe not that bad, but still come on!

A diner or even a low-rent apartment would be nice for a change of pace.

The museum would be an alright set if the actual museum had more size & structure.

Believe me, EVERYONE has had the same complaint about that museum (including myself). It is just WAY TOO SMALL! I'm sorry, but when I think of a 'museum', that is not it! Granted there is some design there, but it just gets cut short. I only can figure it is that way to keep it under a price range. Maybe if it did have some actually 'gerth' to it, the set might cost alot more (like $100 instead of $60).

Instead I'm going to try to find EOL or close to EOL sets from the past couple of years.

Sounds like a plan.

fingers crossed the new modular for 2013 rumours are true... would love a movie theater in my city !!

All my fingers AND toes are crossed on this one!

Despite still not having real solid info on next years modular set, I can easily say it is the one we are all anxiously waiting for and know it will have the same fantastical awesomeness of all the other modulars!

Well, that and the BATMAN "Arkham Asylum Breakout" set.

Not much to report, other than The Daily Brick has a rumored list of MINIFIGURES Series 9.

Lego Series 9 Collectible Minifigures List - The Daily Brick

I did add to the main post a link to LEGO's official product page for THE HOBBIT sets.

A new promotional video and some pictures of "Attack of The Wargs" is now available for viewing.

I don't know why they didn't post the video on their youtube channel like they did the other ones.

Eh, oh well. Here's the link anyhow.

The Hobbit - LEGO

If they do add the vid to their channel later on, I'll add it to the main post.

I think the Wargs are the real highlight of that set in my opinion. They're just wicked looking!