Sets of 2013 - The List

I haven't been TOO impressed about 2013 so far, which is a good thing for me, as I have spent enough recently trying to get stuff before EOL, which has kind of limited my future buying unless I unload a bunch of used, which I don't know if I want to do. Anyway, my Must Haves for 2013 so far: Arkham Asylum Museum Break In Modular Cinema(if that is true) Rancor Pit Hobbit Line(will probably buy all) That is it so far, the Star Wars list doesn't impress me, I don't really get into Clone Wars stuff unless it's really cool like the Gunship, or AT-TE. I don't get into Ninjago, though my son loves it, so I am sure something will be bought there. City overall is a bust, but the super vehicles could be cool. I will buy every Modular, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, they are awesome. It will also be interesting to see what UCS ends up coming out for Star Wars too.

I can't wait to put the Arkham Asylum next to the Haunted House. Other than that, I'm looking forward to the Rancor Pit. I was excited for the new Tumbler, but that set is a huge letdown. I'll be interested to see the TMNT and Iron Man sets. Investment-wise, I'm guessing the Ninjago with the Golden Ninjas are going to be next to impossible to find.

You just reminded me that my obsession with collecting every LEGO set ever created will end in failure. I will never be able to collect all these sets and the new ones next year and so on and so forth... ;-(

Oh god, don't remind me! I'm already broke from the sets I managed to get this year (still missing a bunch), and LEGO has to go and tease us with ALL of these sets! It's enough to make your head explode!!!

I was excited for the new Tumbler, but that set is a huge letdown. I'll be interested to see the TMNT and Iron Man sets.

Compared to the original Tumbler, this new one is more like the 'junior' version. I'm interested in the IRON MAN sets, especially since they're supposed to be based on the new "Iron Man 3" film coming next year. As for the Turtles, I'll wait for the other sets to show before I decide to give up all together on those. (Which ticks me off cause I love the classic TMNT.)

And where an i find info on the palace cinema mentioned in the above post, cause if thats true thats top of my list.

I'm just going by info that I come across on BrickSet & Bricker mostly.

But here's the link to the placeholder page for the Modular - Palace Cinema.

There's nothing there really, but just like everything else on the list it could be an actual set.

As soon as some solid info comes around I'll update the list.

In my opinion, the CITY sets overall have been getting better vehicle designs. The Fire Truck looks more realistic than some previous ones. It figures the one time we actually get a house, it turns out to be a s**tshack! Oh, and it's on fire! Great, now it's that flaming bag of crap someone left on the front porch!

I think these POLICE sets are suppose to revolve around that new LEGO "CITY: Undercover" video game. Just look at the box for "High Speed Chase". In the top right corner, it says "Exclusive Minifigure" and it looks like the main character from that game.

The vehicles in "Museum Break-In" are cool, but that building is SO SMALL! I hardly would call THAT a museum. Seriously, there's no where to put anything in there!

Still no real info on any of the LONE RANGER sets, but atleast now we actually have some names for them. I'm really curious as to what any of those LEGENDS OF CHIMA sets will look like or what they will be size-wise on average, cause that's a LOT of sets. (And those are some of the freakiest names I've ever heard!) If the majority of those will end up being similiar to NINJAGO spinner packs or around $10-sized sets, than okay I can believe that.

THE HOBBIT sets are very good. Each one represents that scene very well. (I'm going by the book and the animated Rankin/Bass film "The Hobbit" from 1977.)

Originally, I thought NINJAGO had a "Power Rangers" vibe to it. These final sets confirm that. They're a cross between "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" and LEGO's "Exo-Force" theme. I actually like these. The "Stone Soldiers" are pretty cool. I can see myself getting this last wave of NINJAGO.

I can't wait for some shots of the GALAXY SQUAD! I just know these are going to have minifigures like the "Galaxy Patrol" from MINIFIGURES Series 7.

Without any actual pictures yet, practically all of those STAR WARS sets sound dull. I always collect the battle packs & "Planets" series. The CREATOR "Power Mech" is about the only one of those that sounds interesting. Maybe "Thunder Wings" too? Hmm, I've only really ever found those CREATOR sets to be good for odd parts. I'll collect the next two MINIFIGURES series regardless. Not much of a TECHNIC guy....

At the least, I am curious what "Emma's Karate Class" will look like.

honestly the Ninjago sets, Golden Dragon mainly look the best. we'll have to see. I never thought Id say Ninjago was my favorite but from what we've seen of the 2013 sets thus far, the Ninjago sets appear to have the most interesting building elements and play value.

HEEEYY! Someone here besides me likes NINJAGO! ;-)

Yeah, that "Golden Dragon" set is pretty cool, isn't it?

And I agree, they are unique builds with good play value.

I added retail prices & promotional video links on certain sets, as well as a link to the TECHNIC Contest LEGO is holding. I also rearranged the entire list somewhat better. First 'draft' had the CREATOR sets separate (DOH!). Put the themes that are 'less' confirmed around the bottom because there still isn't that much on any them currently besides set names. THE HOBBIT sets are now at the top because these are completely confirmed (just missing prices on some).

It would be nice if we did get some more MONSTER FIGHTERS sets.

I don't know what else they could do, but still...

Who knows?

What monsters could they really do that would be good sellers? They really did everything they could have that is fairly mainstream.

I suppose they could start doing some mythological monsters, like Medusa, but I think that could veer to an entirely new theme. You could probably make some pretty badass sets using mythlogical creatures/gods/goddesses/semi-gods etc.

I suppose they could start doing some mythological monsters, like Medusa, but I think that could veer to an entirely new theme. You could probably make some pretty badass sets using mythlogical creatures/gods/goddesses/semi-gods etc.

Here are some links to a few different CUUSOO projects that support what you're saying.

Legolympus

Medusa's Temple

Lego Olympus: Minotaur Labyrinth

Okay, this next one doesn't have any 'mythos' in there, but is still related.

The Glory of Rome: Imperium Sets

I believe a Roman theme is something LEGO should tackle in the near future.

With amazing creatures and beautiful architecture, how could they miss?

I'm personally looking forward to another large scale model. Tower Bridge, VW Bus, and Sopwith Camel redux are fun, hope they keep this series alive with a big and smaller set every year!

Aren't we all! We've got our fingers crossed hoping that the "Palace Cinema" turns out to be true.

I have a good feeling it is.

A Roman Empire theme would kick so much butt I can't believe Lego hasn't done this yet. You could have the main Romans, their buildings, chariots, etc. Not to mention all the different societies that they fought with, from Germany to North Africa. And like the Monster Fighters theme did for the Haunted House, they would have to have a gigantic Coliseum with patrons, gladiators, lions, you name it, to go with the smaller sets. They already made the Spartan for Collectible Minifigs, so there ARE molds out there so start with, and surely there are Castle/Kingdoms molds to use too that would help with the cost. I'm getting ahead of myself, but this would be really cool and I would dive in head first.

What monsters could they really do that would be good sellers? They really did everything they could have that is fairly mainstream.

Took awhile, but I came up with some set 'ideas' that could work for MONSTER FIGHTERS.

The Headless Horseman

A set similiar to "The Mummy". A classic in the making, I think. Would be great in the MINIFIGURE series atleast!

Dr. Jekyll's Laboratory (or Study), The Chase of Mr. Hyde

Who doesn't know of this 'mad' scientist and his demented alter ego?

The Invisble Man

Not much of a monster, but a classic 'b-movie' nevertheless. At the very least, I would be interested in seeing a minifigure that looked like Claude Rains from the original film.

Attack of The Blob (or The Slime Monster)

Can either go with a very unique minifig (like the Hulk or Rock Monsters) or build. Either way sounds good!

Imp's Fort (or Castle)

If LEGO could make a rather demonic looking bat for "Lord Vampyre's Castle", then I don't see why they couldn't do their spin on these little guys. Could even make them a little goofy looking!

Reaper's Mausoleum (or Cemetary or Crypt)

A cool build with a Grim Reaper minifigure!

Knight's Gravestone

A small to medium-sized set based on Dullahan, the headless knight. Similiar to the Horseman set, I know, but still cool.

I agree with everyone here that a Greek/Roman theme would be fantastic! The architecture alone could be breathtaking! I honestly see absolutely no reason why LEGO could ever reject a theme like this. It would make a nice departure from all the medieval sets.

Oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday that there are new pics for two more of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets. They just appeared that morning in a BrickSet news post.

Stealth Shell in Pursuit & Turtle Lair Attack

Links were added to main post.

....Well, they look somewhat better than that first set we saw. Still, I'm not holding my breath on these things.

Just added links for:

A nearly complete listing of TECHNIC sets. (Only one left waiting to be unveiled!)

Flatbed Truck

Cement Mixer

All STAR WARS sets now have images & boxart, except for the "Planets" Series.

Arctic Batman vs Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice

Spider-Man - Spider-Cycle Chase (includes Spider-Man, Agent Fury, & VENOM!!!)

Annnnd (drumroll please)

THE ENTIRE COLLECTION OF LEGENDS OF CHIMA!

As the spacemarine in the teaser for StarCraft II said....

"Hell....it's about time!"

I haven't been TOO impressed about 2013 so far, which is a good thing for me, as I have spent enough recently trying to get stuff before EOL, which has kind of limited my future buying unless I unload a bunch of used, which I don't know if I want to do. Anyway, my Must Haves for 2013 so far:

Arkham Asylum

Museum Break In

Modular Cinema(if that is true)

Rancor Pit

Hobbit Line(will probably buy all)

That is it so far, the Star Wars list doesn't impress me, I don't really get into Clone Wars stuff unless it's really cool like the Gunship, or AT-TE. I don't get into Ninjago, though my son loves it, so I am sure something will be bought there. City overall is a bust, but the super vehicles could be cool. I will buy every Modular, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, they are awesome. It will also be interesting to see what UCS ends up coming out for Star Wars too.

After seeing more pictures, I pretty much stand by my original assessment. Star Wars is really lame this go round. I MAY pick up some of the Old Republic Battle Packs because my son loves minifigs, and those are pretty cool, but everything else sans Rancor Pit just plain sucks, I'm sorry, it does. I know there are Clone Wars fans that will love this stuff, but I don't really get into it. TMNT is lame too, I liked the original series when I was junior high-ish, but this reboot doesn't do it for me, again, may pick up the turtle minifigs for my son.

Legends of Chima = no $$ from me LEGO

Fighting bird people?(or something like that) No Thanks.

After seeing more pictures, I pretty much stand by my original assessment. Star Wars is really lame this go round. I MAY pick up some of the Old Republic Battle Packs because my son loves minifigs, and those are pretty cool, but everything else sans Rancor Pit just plain sucks, I'm sorry, it does. I know there are Clone Wars fans that will love this stuff, but I don't really get into it. TMNT is lame too, I liked the original series when I was junior high-ish, but this reboot doesn't do it for me, again, may pick up the turtle minifigs for my son.

Legends of Chima = no $$ from me LEGO

Fighting bird people?(or something like that) No Thanks.

The assortment of STAR WARS sets is, well, weird. My biggest gripe with the battle packs is how much they've been going up in price and how they 'split up' the minifigs. Get two good & bad guys in the same pack instead of the original four that worked! Feels like you're paying more for half a set.

I loved the original TMNT cartoon, so these 'new' ones aren't high on my list either.

I'm not sure where they got the idea for LEGENDS OF CHIMA, but they remind of "Thundercats" & such. Might be a nice breather to have an original theme like this. Won't really know until I can pick one of these up at the store and see for myself.