Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Visited CA recently and the entire aisles at WM are behind glass.PXL_20221216_190442503.thumb.jpg.ee3f15f2bba070475c23678da2dc9ef6.jpg

Didn't even bother with the clearance, too much of hassle waiting to get help.

It's all backwards and ridiculous how this is being handled.
This is not some necessity for those struggling. I know we're in some woke/acceptance phase, but crime tolerance should not be part of it.
Have a few thieves get shot on their way out, all the wires and glass can go away.
Merry Christmas! 😛

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Visited CA recently and the entire aisles at WM are behind glass.PXL_20221216_190442503.thumb.jpg.ee3f15f2bba070475c23678da2dc9ef6.jpg

This is not some necessity for those struggling. I know we're in some woke/acceptance phase, but crime tolerance should not be part of it.
Have a few thieves get shot on their way out, all the wires and glass can go away.
Merry Christmas! 😛

Of the two Walmarts close to me in Northern California, one has the glass.  I am sure it backfires because the store is not in what I’d call a high-crime area by any means. Instead it just discourages sales. And it also limits the sets they have available because there isn’t much case space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Speaking of Target, is anyone else seeing these?

The lego theft at my local Target, only 1 within an hour, is so persistent that they have tried removing all lego from the shelves in the past making them a request assistance from an associate item, who has to get them from the back. I guess these locks require an associates assistance. 

There is a local B&M comic store that I guess unbeknownst to the proprietor is clearly selling stolen lego. He also sells them on eBay for these prices OBO with free shipping. 

78189315-8DD5-49F6-96D2-3D0167BBFB50.jpeg

BED2A269-9C92-4065-8513-44721CEFC9F2.jpeg

I hadn't heard it mentioned here before, and I hadn't been in B&N for a long time, but I see they have transitioned to only putting empty boxes on the shelves.  It's definitely getting harder to arm sweep.

Crime is just getting worse.  There are less cops, ones that are there are tentative to act or prevent, criminals are getting very little time, let out early.  In California if thieves stay under $950 there is no punishment.  My dad's business was just broken into on Christmas Day.  Nothing really of value there to steal, just some of the nearby "homeless" looking for anything to grab.  Damage is always worse than anything they take.  Makes the holidays a joyous time of the year.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Merry Christmas! 😛

I take it it's more of CA thing then.  Been like this for years now.  Used to be some exceptions but not anymore.  About a week ago they were unpacking toys out in the main isle when I found a case of the Ninjago Gift Pack Sets.  I opened the case right in front of them and scanned for the price.  $15 so I grabbed them and went to purchase.  Security came and stopped me and kinda really gave me a hard time over it.  Told me I was defeating the purpose of all the Lego behind the glass.  I didn't even get into it over all the Lego that is stacked on top of the glass, the Lego in their special holiday toy section, and the clearance section.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Of the two Walmarts close to me in Northern California, one has the glass.  I am sure it backfires because the store is not in what I’d call a high-crime area by any means. Instead it just discourages sales. And it also limits the sets they have available because there isn’t much case space. 

Totally agree.  Unless there is a lot to justify my time I just pass most of the time on stuff I would normally buy.

9 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I take it it's more of CA thing then.  Been like this for years now.  Used to be some exceptions but not anymore.  About a week ago they were unpacking toys out in the main isle when I found a case of the Ninjago Gift Pack Sets.  I opened the case right in front of them and scanned for the price.  $15 so I grabbed them and went to purchase.  Security came and stopped me and kinda really gave me a hard time over it.  Told me I was defeating the purpose of all the Lego behind the glass.  I didn't even get into it over all the Lego that is stacked on top of the glass, the Lego in their special holiday toy section, and the clearance section.

They are going to have to come down off this $950 threshold ridiculousness. They’ll have to start prosecuting 50% of these a-holes again at some point. There isn’t anything to discourage them and it’s becoming much too brazen and prevalent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, exciter1 said:

They are going to have to come down off this $950 threshold ridiculousness. They’ll have to start prosecuting 50% of these a-holes again at some point. There isn’t anything to discourage them and it’s becoming much too brazen and prevalent.

It’s a numbers game. There are fewer affected business owners than sympathizers.  So, they’ll just keep electing sympathetic people who keep looking for things that aren’t broke to fix.

I can’t imagine what B&M owners must go through in losses here. Eventually, you’ll have to go to all online/delivery to survive. 
I wonder if Costco/Sams has any of the theft issues since you have to show a membership card.  Granted you could flash a library card and they’d let you in, but they could start to beef up the entry checks if necessary. For a larger store like Target or Walmart, maybe that’s what they’ll have to resort to — a “free” membership system that can be revoked.

Of course they’d revoke my in-store membership when they put the reseller ban on my online account. 

21 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Love how the security went all tough on an obviously PAYING customer.  Perhaps compensating for the time they were useless against the grab and dash types.  :D 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:04 PM, Pseudoty said:

Speaking of Target, is anyone else seeing these?

The lego theft at my local Target, only 1 within an hour, is so persistent that they have tried removing all lego from the shelves in the past making them a request assistance from an associate item, who has to get them from the back. I guess these locks require an associates assistance. 

There is a local B&M comic store that I guess unbeknownst to the proprietor is clearly selling stolen lego. He also sells them on eBay for these prices OBO with free shipping. 

78189315-8DD5-49F6-96D2-3D0167BBFB50.jpeg

BED2A269-9C92-4065-8513-44721CEFC9F2.jpeg

This has to be Target employee theft with zero dollar “buy in” to sell at these prices OBO with free shipping, unless I am missing something. Interesting thing is he has a sign on the front door that says “No longer buying lego”. 

1D9108F9-85DA-4E9E-A1C4-94D7EB5C278C.png

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shortbus311 said:

The only listing for 75296 Meditation Chamber is this one that says it includes a Stormtrooper keychain. The weird thing is that there are so many sellers on this listing. Did they all buy keychains to ship with this, or are they just shipping without it?70ce6166afa873356cbaddc4f83801ef.jpg

without it is my guess

12 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

The only listing for 75296 Meditation Chamber is this one that says it includes a Stormtrooper keychain. The weird thing is that there are so many sellers on this listing. Did they all buy keychains to ship with this, or are they just shipping without it?70ce6166afa873356cbaddc4f83801ef.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/75296-Darth-Vader-Meditation-Chamber/dp/B09787D1MW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=75296+lego+star+wars&qid=1663040496&sprefix=75296%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-1

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...