Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

2 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

Hello everyone.

Lately everything I order from amazon is arriving damaged, am I the only one? This year has been a nightmare for me, I'm just constantly getting damaged boxes from them. It's becoming such a hassle and it's really not a retailer I can avoid purchasing from.

I hear yeah!! Those ready to ship boxes are crap and the CS has been poor. Last rep told me it is  what’s inside that matters. Gtfo 

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I hear yeah!! Those ready to ship boxes are crap and the CS has been poor. Last rep told me it is  what’s inside that matters. Gtfo 

I'm curious though about there return process. Will someone get flagged for returning too much stuff? At the moment it's such a high amount of crap send to me it's unreal, also most of the outer shipping boxes are actually in good nick so it feels as it there just sending me out the damaged stuff from there warehouse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nolan808 said:

I'm curious though about there return process. Will someone get flagged for returning too much stuff? At the moment it's such a high amount of crap send to me it's unreal, also most of the outer shipping boxes are actually in good nick so it feels as it there just sending me out the damaged stuff from there warehouse.

That’s mine too. I scaled back for now

7 hours ago, nolan808 said:

They do keep track of your returns.  If you keep returning, at some point they will just tell you the relationship is not working.

5 hours ago, gmpirate said:

If you keep returning, at some point they will just tell you the relationship is not working.

Amazon is just just like my ex-wife.  They will tell you the relationship is not working right after they take your last dime.

image.png.d520efdbc79c1eb493bb0d47df8776e0.png

Edited by raindog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Hello !!!! Anyone here??

Everyone is noticing how terrible retail is doing and crying that they have a bunch of inventory they can't profit on. A lot of good sets out there making nearly nothing even with peak discounts. The harry potter books, monster jams for example are barely profitable even at good discounts.

Last year I had purchased quite a lot this time of year however the sales so far have been pretty terrible. 20% on already overpriced sets. 

Going to be a tough year I think.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, landphieran said:

Everyone is noticing how terrible retail is doing and crying that they have a bunch of inventory they can't profit on. A lot of good sets out there making nearly nothing even with peak discounts. The harry potter books, monster jams for example are barely profitable even at good discounts.

Last year I had purchased quite a lot this time of year however the sales so far have been pretty terrible. 20% on already overpriced sets. 

Going to be a tough year I think.

I think part of the problem that secondary market resellers are running into is the increasing pace with which LEGO is releasing new sets.  They're set to have around 750 skus on the market next year.  With so many sets coming out and available each year, there just isn't the same level of demand for sets on the secondary market anymore.  The demand for retired sets will never dry up, but there's not as much need to dip into the secondary market with so many sets readily available from retail.  This is likely to increase when the new manufacturing plant opens in Virginia in a few years.  It's going to make it tough for all the new class of investors coming along due to Youtube.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phantom Toys said:

I think part of the problem that secondary market resellers are running into is the increasing pace with which LEGO is releasing new sets.  They're set to have around 750 skus on the market next year.  With so many sets coming out and available each year, there just isn't the same level of demand for sets on the secondary market anymore.  The demand for retired sets will never dry up, but there's not as much need to dip into the secondary market with so many sets readily available from retail.  This is likely to increase when the new manufacturing plant opens in Virginia in a few years.  It's going to make it tough for all the new class of investors coming along due to Youtube.  

Exactly.  Lego is creating a supply vs. demand problem that may ultimately devalue their own product and reduce/wear out interest.  There are too many awesome sets being churned out that it's hard for collectors to keep up.  I find myself in this boat.  When I first started collecting as an adult I had missed things like the Black Pearl, QAR, UCS R2D2 v1, UCS MF, great CMFs, etc.  So I started purchasing these things on the secondary market and started grabbing new sets as they came out.  Now that my collection has grown so much, not only is space an issue, but so is keeping up with all the sets I want just in terms of new production from Lego.  I've got a massive backlog of sets to build and notice that I'm being much more selective in my purchases.  I've completely stopped purchasing retired sets as well.  Plus with all the sets and variations I feel it's becoming more challenging for collectors to even know what sets are retired and they are missing once you get too far down the road.  

Lego needs to keep their product relevant, collectible and valuable.  Producing such a large number and variety of sets these days seems like massive short term growth as they capitalize on interest, but long term decline due to burnout.  The market is just getting flooded from all directions.  People will grow weary and move on to something else.  Where's that bubble thread... lol.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Exactly.  Lego is creating a supply vs. demand problem that may ultimately devalue their own product and reduce/wear out interest.  There are too many awesome sets being churned out that it's hard for collectors to keep up.  I find myself in this boat.  When I first started collecting as an adult I had missed things like the Black Pearl, QAR, UCS R2D2 v1, UCS MF, great CMFs, etc.  So I started purchasing these things on the secondary market and started grabbing new sets as they came out.  Now that my collection has grown so much, not only is space an issue, but so is keeping up with all the sets I want just in terms of new production from Lego.  I've got a massive backlog of sets to build and notice that I'm being much more selective in my purchases.  I've completely stopped purchasing retired sets as well.  Plus with all the sets and variations I feel it's becoming more challenging for collectors to even know what sets are retired and they are missing once you get too far down the road.  

Lego needs to keep their product relevant, collectible and valuable.  Producing such a large number and variety of sets these days seems like massive short term growth as they capitalize on interest, but long term decline due to burnout.  The market is just getting flooded from all directions.  People will grow weary and move on to something else.  Where's that bubble thread... lol.

It's important to distinguish between the value of the product on the secondary market versus the primary market.  From what I'm seeing, there hasn't been as much impact on the new product cycle on the primary market as there have been on the secondary market.  LEGO is still incredibly popular with consumers with the price of the products being one of the major limiting factors.  However, LEGO has been moderating prices over the last year and releasing sets that pack a lot more value in at various price points than we would have seen in years past.

The increase in the number of sets being released and maintained on the market have had a greater impact on the secondary market because they have greatly expanded consumer choice.  For example, in years past, LEGO would release a set of fire sets in the City line over a 1-2 year period, keep them on the market for 1-2 years, and then retire them without putting out any new fire-themed sets for a few years.  Now, subthemes like fire, police, and construction have become somewhat evergreen with some mix of those sets available at all times.  As a result, if you're a consumer looking for fire-themed sets, you can just go to your local store and find something at or around RRP, and don't have to go to Amazon and buy something at 2x-3x RRP.

What you're saying about the number of collector sets available is spot on.  I have a shelf full of sets that I've purchased for my own building that continues to grow by the week, and I don't get anywhere close to buying all of the sets that I would like to have on that shelf.  I have not reached a level of exhaustion with building and collecting that would lead me to slow down on buying sets I want. 

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a divisive post but I'm curious what other peoples takes are on this. Ordered a decent chunk of stuff from kohls. Like normal, a decent amount of it showed up damaged in bags/damaged to various degree's. Annoyed, I figured I'd deal with it... Then I noticed my rewards were all invalidated. I generally take the damaged sets I get and roll with it, part of doing business. However when a merchant invalidates a huge portion of there order agreement (in this case rewards cash). I feel like I have no obligation keeping the damaged inventory.

My initial instinct is to charge back the purchases for breach of sales contract (fraud)/bad fulfillment of goods. 

Or - Return Them All (A huge pain and additionally expensive since kohls doesn't accept free mail returns except in person and I don't want to unload a truck at my local kohls).

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, landphieran said:

This may be a divisive post but I'm curious what other peoples takes are on this. Ordered a decent chunk of stuff from kohls. Like normal, a decent amount of it showed up damaged in bags/damaged to various degree's. Annoyed, I figured I'd deal with it... Then I noticed my rewards were all invalidated. I generally take the damaged sets I get and roll with it, part of doing business. However when a merchant invalidates a huge portion of there order agreement (in this case rewards cash). I feel like I have no obligation keeping the damaged inventory.

My initial instinct is to charge back the purchases for breach of sales contract (fraud)/bad fulfillment of goods. 

Or - Return Them All (A huge pain and additionally expensive since kohls doesn't accept free mail returns except in person and I don't want to unload a truck at my local kohls).

Thoughts?

this is not your first rodeo   kohls sends unsellable product in plastic bags for 6 years now.  this is always reported on bp.  you were surprised you received unsellable product?

don't buy from kohl's anymore.  or best buy or fleet and farm. 

these retailers have been shipping items in plastic bag for many years now.  they suck.  this is nothing new. 

i don't care how good the price is, i would never order product from these retailers because i know i will end up wasting more time than i saved in money.  i will never get that time back or be compensated adequately for it.

maybe parter outers it is working for them to get great deals on smashed sets in mylar bags but for selling on amazon, no way.

i would take all the product back to kohls and demand a full refund and never waste my time with them again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cladner said:

this is not your first rodeo   kohls sends unsellable product in plastic bags for 6 years now.  this is always reported on bp.  you were surprised you received unsellable product?

don't buy from kohl's anymore.  or best buy or fleet and farm. 

these retailers have been shipping items in plastic bag for many years now.  they suck.  this is nothing new. 

i don't care how good the price is, i would never order product from these retailers because i know i will end up wasting more time than i saved in money.  i will never get that time back or be compensated adequately for it.

maybe parter outers it is working for them to get great deals on smashed sets in mylar bags but for selling on amazon, no way.

i would take all the product back to kohls and demand a full refund and never waste my time with them again.

store pickup will work

Tearing down some sets to make room for new ones.  The Palace Cinema red and maroon pieces are breaking VERY easily.  No other color has broken yet.  It's been displayed for about 5 years or so.  Never in sunlight.  Temp/humidity controlled environment.  Is this just an issue with certain colors of bricks?  Very frustrating and I'm really surprised how brittle the plastic feels.  

3 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Tearing down some sets to make room for new ones.  The Palace Cinema red and maroon pieces are breaking VERY easily.  No other color has broken yet.  It's been displayed for about 5 years or so.  Never in sunlight.  Temp/humidity controlled environment.  Is this just an issue with certain colors of bricks?  Very frustrating and I'm really surprised how brittle the plastic feels.  

Those red bricks that year were a very bad run. I've had a few break too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

only Dark brown and brown pcs in most sets for me. percentage wise around 2-7% after 10 years of display.

• Like 1