Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

3 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

Tearing down some sets to make room for new ones.  The Palace Cinema red and maroon pieces are breaking VERY easily.  No other color has broken yet.  It's been displayed for about 5 years or so.  Never in sunlight.  Temp/humidity controlled environment.  Is this just an issue with certain colors of bricks?  Very frustrating and I'm really surprised how brittle the plastic feels.  

I took apart a smaller set 31004 and every single brown piece broke...

eagle.jpg

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, HollyS said:

Is that what happens to 75059: Sandcrawler as well? The brown bricks break as it is taken apart or can they break when putting it together?

Taking it apart definitely putting it together if it was NISB but 10 years old not sure. 

https://blocksmag.com/brittle-bricks-the-lego-groups-biggest-failure/

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HollyS said:

Is that what happens to 75059: Sandcrawler as well? The brown bricks break as it is taken apart or can they break when putting it together?

When I took mine apart to sell a couple years ago or so, I was pretty careful about separating pieces and still had around a dozen break.  I'm sure if you did it haphazardly you'd break lots of plate pieces.

17 hours ago, HollyS said:

I purchased a few pre-built 7662 Trade Federation MTTs a few years ago and had to disassemble.  Felt like I was defusing a bomb...

• 1 month later...

The LEGO Insiders Target Reward  functionality is a complete joke, at least for online Target orders....

Submitted the invoice from the Target app - rejected because it doesn't show the date of purchase

Submitted a PDF print of the order confirmation - rejected because "the item is not a lego item" (I bought the succulents set and it is visible on the picture in the PDF).

WTF.

• Sad 1

Facebook Marketplace sellers who put the word 'figurines" in their Lego listing.  They are minifigures or minifigs.  Also using the phrasing looks complete or may be missing some pieces.  Please do the work to make sure the set is complete or not.

BrickPickers with insomnia or who are early risers who scoop up all the late night / early morning deals and make them go poof.  Kudos to you!  :D 

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1

Complaint of the day: USPS.

I went with ground advantaged shipping on a chunk of items I sold via FBM over 3 days (not very many in the grand scheme of things). It's been a disaster, I have tons of packages not being scanned or updated by USPS. It's a giant PITA. The lines at USPS are 1+ hours so waiting in line and forcing them to scan 30 large Lego boxes is not reasonable. Getting them to pickup stuff is next to impossible. It might not be this way everywhere but our USPS offices are so short on people there is one MAYBE two people working at a time.

I will most likely have to eat a thousand plus in missing shipments due to this, since the packages were dropped off, as I was aggressively told to do.

2 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I went with ground advantaged shipping on a chunk of items I sold via FBM over 3 days (not very many in the grand scheme of things). It's been a disaster, I have tons of packages not being scanned or updated by USPS. It's a giant PITA. The lines at USPS are 1+ hours so waiting in line and forcing them to scan 30 large Lego boxes is not reasonable. Getting them to pickup stuff is next to impossible. It might not be this way everywhere but our USPS offices are so short on people there is one MAYBE two people working at a time.

I will most likely have to eat a thousand plus in missing shipments due to this, since the packages were dropped off, as I was aggressively told to do.

scan form is your friend 

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

go to seller central > orders  > order report > end of day forms > request > print 

Still learning the hard way each year lol. Nothing is going to go out through USPS the remainder of the year, but its good to know. Locally we have had multiple USPS workers sending out plea's for people to apply to USPS on reddit and other local forums. It's pretty bad. Each day I've went in the lines were hours long and looked like my warehouse after black friday. Packages falling all over stacked in every corner of the store with one disgruntle employee yelling at people :(

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

Sometimes during the holiday peak season USPS doesn't scan it but the parcels will arrive. Also sometimes they are so backed up with peak season that the parcels just sit in the building for days until they get caught up. I've transported mail for them, I've seen it before. The first year they consolidated and closed processing plants, maybe 8 years ago? The dock was so jammed up with equipment you couldnt even unload your truck because there was nowhere to put any of it: it was similar to a hoarder's house with narrow aisles you could barely walk through on a dock that had 30 doors. The turn around improvement the next year was incredible progress from the previous year's fiasco. Your parcels most likely aren't lost. That doesnt solve your tracking issue or your delivery time issues  though.

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

About a week and a half ago I gave up on USPS for the rest of the year. They’re grounded advantage is taking 14 days longer than the four days it is supposed to. Better to lose a few dollars upgrading the customer to UPS.

Thanks, Mr. DeJoy! You really are ruining it. Nice job.

I just did the same thing today. Forced all shipments through UPS. My warehouse is next door to a distribution center. You walk into an empty room with a fully loaded cart they provide and they just throw it on a conveyor and your done. Takes 10s and the workers are really great to chat with.

The sad thing is, the shipping option being offered by USPS is really great. Its a great business move in a vacuum. What isn't great is how outdated USPS's infrastructure is and how understaffed they are. There isn't a single USPS I know of within 4 towns that has a legitimate place for dropoffs. It's usually a random bin behind a window or a corner in the lobby... They need to be renovating these spaces for drop offs and start investing in automated scanning/weighing protocols if they are concerned about shipping theft. They also need to streamline the shipping process so customers aren't hassled for 10 minutes with questions like "is this a bomb?" "is this water?" "is this alive?" "are there drugs in here?" ... Like what are doing? No one is going to answer these truthfully even if it did...

9 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I just did the same thing today. Forced all shipments through UPS. My warehouse is next door to a distribution center. You walk into an empty room with a fully loaded cart they provide and they just throw it on a conveyor and your done. Takes 10s and the workers are really great to chat with.

The sad thing is, the shipping option being offered by USPS is really great. Its a great business move in a vacuum. What isn't great is how outdated USPS's infrastructure is and how understaffed they are. There isn't a single USPS I know of within 4 towns that has a legitimate place for dropoffs. It's usually a random bin behind a window or a corner in the lobby... They need to be renovating these spaces for drop offs and start investing in automated scanning/weighing protocols if they are concerned about shipping theft. They also need to streamline the shipping process so customers aren't hassled for 10 minutes with questions like "is this a bomb?" "is this water?" "is this alive?" "are there drugs in here?" ... Like what are doing? No one is going to answer these truthfully even if it did...

My post office allows commercial deliveries to the back of the building. Usually ring a buzzer then bring out a large bin or two . Fill it up and scan the form and off I go. What happens after that is an INR galore and even though Amazon covers those I switched to ups lately just because I’m trying to be nice to Timmy 

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

My post office allows commercial deliveries to the back of the building. Usually ring a buzzer then bring out a large bin or two . Fill it up and scan the form and off I go. What happens after that is an INR galore and even though Amazon covers those I switched to ups lately just because I’m trying to be nice to Timmy 

I waited in line at the closest one to my business location (notably the worst place in a 40 mile radius I've found) and I asked him if I could pull around back because I had a truck full of boxes. He looked at me and said "Your not special because you have more, you'll have to load them in here like everyone else"... I nearly died. It's like bro this is for you not me. This happened last year. It is also the same USPS I had to file several complaints against because they were lying about attempting to deliver packages. It may be worth trying again or a different location but YMMV.

I'm sure some places are adapting but in more rural area's the places are still ran by dinosaurs who think USPS should only deliver envelopes and sell stamps and are ran in such a way. I'm not really angry about Timmy's packages, just sad to see a state based delivery company so poorly managed :( I really want it to work.

34 minutes ago, landphieran said:

It's a government organization.  The objective is not to be streamlined and efficient.  I avoid USPS like the plague.  Not worth the hassle or aggravation to me.

19 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I waited in line at the closest one to my business location (notably the worst place in a 40 mile radius I've found) and I asked him if I could pull around back because I had a truck full of boxes. He looked at me and said "Your not special because you have more, you'll have to load them in here like everyone else"... I nearly died. It's like bro this is for you not me. This happened last year. It is also the same USPS I had to file several complaints against because they were lying about attempting to deliver packages. It may be worth trying again or a different location but YMMV.

I'm sure some places are adapting but in more rural area's the places are still ran by dinosaurs who think USPS should only deliver envelopes and sell stamps and are ran in such a way. I'm not really angry about Timmy's packages, just sad to see a state based delivery company so poorly managed :( I really want it to work.

That sucks, you would think they’d appreciate your business