Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

16 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

If you haven’t done it yet the Staples Auto Restock, same as S&S, is the best deal I have found on boxes in years. 40% off your first order, plus 5% off and stacks with $20 off $100 code if you have one. 

They pretty much stopped stocking all the sizes I use, but maybe it’s time to look again.

Missing two bags from home alone. The third #18 and the second #21 bag. Everything I've read online indicates they can send out a full bag however when I spoke to CS they are saying they have go through the instructions and manually figure out the pieces in the bag. On top of that the rep acted like I was crazy to even suggest there should have multiple bags with the same number.

They want me to open the other two bag 18s, go through that step in the instructions and then figure out which pieces are missing. And do the same at bag 21. 🫤

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, mplsabdullah said:

Missing two bags from home alone. The third #18 and the second #21 bag. Everything I've read online indicates they can send out a full bag however when I spoke to CS they are saying they have go through the instructions and manually figure out the pieces in the bag. On top of that the rep acted like I was crazy to even suggest there should have multiple bags with the same number.

They want me to open the other two bag 18s, go through that step in the instructions and then figure out which pieces are missing. And do the same at bag 21. 🫤

They can but I would send an email with as much information as you can provide. Say a set has 40 bags one per number and you are missing 12 and 34 they can replace them but since Home Alone has 31 total bags numbered 1-24 how will they know which 18 and 24 you are missing. Perhaps weigh the sealed bags 18 and 21 you have so they can better identify the ones you are missing. Also, you can describe some of the elements you do have or list a few you know are missing. Sometimes the bags can be identical as well but I don’t think that is the case for this set. Since you got it from Kohl’s online theft is not an issue and there is no minifigure in 18 but there is one in 21. Did you look ahead to 24 to make sure you are not missing one of those as well. I would give them the seal codes and any other production identification as the weight has to be noticeably off. Missing pieces is becoming more common than not but missing bags seems to be rare IME. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Garage door is buckling in so I had a contractor (Overhead Door) come out for it. They quoted me $4075 to replace it. It would be a low profile setup with R insulation. Seems really steep to me.

If you know it's going to be a full replacement I would think you can call around and get general estimates.  Since you called a guy over, he/she should have told you if your set-up requires anything special cost-wise; otherwise it should be a straight forward install. would they replace your motor, springs, and rails?

Brickpicker in the Tapatalk app on Android keeps playing an ad with sound every so often, without displaying it on the screen. Really annoying when you check BP during downtime in the office. Havent found a way to switch it off yet, except for keeping the volume down on my phone, or paying for Tapatalk :-/

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If you know it's going to be a full replacement I would think you can call around and get general estimates.  Since you called a guy over, he/she should have told you if your set-up requires anything special cost-wise; otherwise it should be a straight forward install. would they replace your motor, springs, and rails?

Apparently it’s a totally new setup, door, and motor. I know very little about garage doors though. The more I look into it, for everything it might not be a bad deal. He wrote up the quote quite simply which I don’t like.

I also contacted a competitor who said he would come out, but he immediately started shouting at me on the phone in a thick Russian accent I could hardly understand. So that was fun and a definite no.

3 hours ago, spener90 said:

Apparently it’s a totally new setup, door, and motor. I know very little about garage doors though. The more I look into it, for everything it might not be a bad deal. He wrote up the quote quite simply which I don’t like.

I also contacted a competitor who said he would come out, but he immediately started shouting at me on the phone in a thick Russian accent I could hardly understand. So that was fun and a definite no.

You can't beat overhead doors professionalism. Very few do it as good and since covid a lot of smaller shops can't keep up and have even longer delays.  Just recently had a roll up put in place of 2 10' glass panes at the new warehouse and they were the only ones that called back quickly set up the in person review and timely estimate.  Paid deposit and install did run about 2 weeks longer but came out and knocked it out in half a day.  Called about 9 places and most didn't even call back.  Few said they couldn't do commercial anymore and few started off with cheaper estimate but wouldn't do the whole job and overhead wound up being pretty competitive.   Used to be able to do the door I had installed for like $1500-2000.  Was $4800 which seemed high at first but things have just changed way to much and old pricing isn't even remotely close.   There is a reason they are high. They are the only ones that seem to be able to get a job done correctly and somewhat timely. 

• Like 1

Came here to complain about my garage door, which is apparently on topic! Left for church this morning and garage wouldn't shut, I thought, ah, the sensors must be blocked, ran up and nope, not that. Of course it is -7 F outside, no one will bother to steal my garage things. This afternoon I took out what I believed to be the offending vertical track, shortened it a bit (it was wedged between the concrete and the curved track. I cleaned it up, relubricated it, reinstalled it, used laser to check alignment, it seemed to work a couple times, so I cleaned up my tools and came inside, went to shut the garage with the inside remote and now it won't work.

So dang cold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Came here to complain about my garage door, which is apparently on topic! Left for church this morning and garage wouldn't shut, I thought, ah, the sensors must be blocked, ran up and nope, not that. Of course it is -7 F outside, no one will bother to steal my garage things. This afternoon I took out what I believed to be the offending vertical track, shortened it a bit (it was wedged between the concrete and the curved track. I cleaned it up, relubricated it, reinstalled it, used laser to check alignment, it seemed to work a couple times, so I cleaned up my tools and came inside, went to shut the garage with the inside remote and now it won't work.

So dang cold.

Yep, cold will definitely cause issues sometimes.

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, cold will definitely cause issues sometimes.

The minimal servicing I did definitely helped it run smoother, but it turns out just turning up the "down force" or lowering the safety sensitivity a bit (like 10%, not much) seems to have done the trick. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, keymomachine said:

The minimal servicing I did definitely helped it run smoother, but it turns out just turning up the "down force" or lowering the safety sensitivity a bit (like 10%, not much) seems to have done the trick. 

-6 here and our door popped a spring after we backed out today. The cold definitely has an effect!

• Sad 3

Extra pieces, and not the single stud pieces.  They get you checking the instructions, making you question yourself, thinking you missed something.  To be fair, this is a more rare occurrence than missing pieces for me, but I have had it happen twice in the past several builds.

1 hour ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I look up the set number of BrickLink, click on the parts list and check the extra items section near the end of the list to check if I missed in any pieces in the build and the extra pieces I have are indeed extra.  

Example using set 6212:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=6212-1

This was supposed to be a reply to fuzzy_bricks post.  :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

This was supposed to be a reply to fuzzy_bricks post.  :) 

Yes, but in the X wing link that you provided what extra pieces are there that are not 1 stud other than the rubber band holder not used in the build but used to hold the rubber bands that control the wing open and close mechanism or am I missing something?

I am missing 2 of the same elements from Titanic Box 1 and I know they were not lost, dropped or still in the bag, but in the same bag #9 there is an extra piece a light grey headlight brick not used in the build so far and I checked the extra pieces on BL and it is not there. I ordered the replacements from Lego as they are dark green and I don’t have spares. They were not in the next bag as that sometimes happens if it is an instructions issue. There are 10 more used in the build so perhaps I may find them in a few weeks. Luckily they don’t hold me up on the build and can be easily accessed when the replacements arrive. 

IMG_0011.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yes, but in the X wing link that you provided what extra pieces are there that are not 1 stud other than the rubber band holder not used in the build but used to hold the rubber bands that control the wing open and close mechanism or am I missing something?

I am missing 2 of the same elements from Titanic Box 1 and I know they were not lost, dropped or still in the bag, but in the same bag #9 there is an extra piece a light grey headlight brick not used in the build so far and I checked the extra pieces on BL and it is not there. I ordered the replacements from Lego as they are dark green and I don’t have spares. They were not in the next bag as that sometimes happens if it is an instructions issue. There are 10 more used in the build so perhaps I may find them in a few weeks. Luckily they don’t hold me up on the build and can be easily accessed when the replacements arrive.

One of my issues was finding the piece in the next bag, but I had stopped between bags and forgot that I replaced the "missing" piece.  It took a minute, but I finally remembered but not before checking the instructions multiple times.

The other issue was for the Baby Yoda build.  I had two extra 1x2 pieces, so I was sure I missed something, but I retraced every step multiple times and never found where they went.  I'm still not convinced I didn't miss something, but it looks right and everything went together without issue so I don't know what else they could be but extra.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

IMG_0011.jpeg

I agree with your point, it is well taken, most extra pieces are 1 x 1 and I would drive myself crazy if I had extras that were not 1 x 1 (like a 1 x 2), or something small.  My example was typical of the extra pieces found in most sets.

Sorry about your Titanic Box 1 building experience and needing to contact Lego.

In my experience Lego has made it easier to build sets by showing the pieces and the piece count needed to build at each step.  I love the instructions from 70’s -90’s sets, though I sometimes miss pieces because of not looking over each step carefully enough.  Building vintage sets from PDFs can be even more challenging. 

• Like 1

I have Teen Amazon accounts for my kids under my "Amazon Household". My son hadn't used his in a while, but wanted to watch Prime Video, so he logged in and recovered his account from PC and from his cell phone last week. All was well.

Today he wanted to log in again, and got the "your account has been disabled due to unusual activity. Please contact customer service" message. On his behalf, I first chatted (took 5 agents) then got connect via phone to the wrong department (agent 6), then spoke with 2 agents and a supervisor in the accounts department, only to hear that "there is not enough info on your son's account to go through the reactivation process. He needs to open a new account", and that his significant Gift Card balance was not recoverable.

What utter BS. I created Teen accounts because that is what Amazon said I needed to do for kids under 18. Their currency was GCs, they got them for birthdays and special occasions. My son is not a big spender and doesn't use Amazon often. Now Amazon has the guts to lock him out of his account just because he didn't use it often enough, AND to take his saved up GCs?!?

I wrote a polite letter to Jeff at Amazon dot com, hopefully that gets any leniency.

Would this be grounds for legal action?

• Sad 1