Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

4 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I don't know if you all have been following the AI language models being deployed left and right, but Meta's latest entry is just downright terrifying. They trained an AI to beat humans at the strategy game Diplomacy, using empathy, deception, and persuasion. This isn't chess. It had to engage multiple players and manipulate them, work with them, and it beat them. Let that sink in. 

https://gizmodo.com/meta-ai-cicero-diplomacy-gaming-1849811840

Jesus... Their sense of Irony is terrifying too..."researchers trained an AI to attain “human level performance” in the war strategy board game Diplomacy. The new AI agent, named after the classical statesman and scholar who witnessed the fall of the Roman Republic..."

Edited by House Schubert
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I never order a single set from Target for delivery ever since they started using garment bags a couple of years ago.  If I can't pick it up from the store, I won't place an order.

Actually, they normally send in boxes.  I really only worry about Walmart or Kohl's.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:07 PM, gmpirate said:

Actually, they normally send in boxes.  I really only worry about Walmart or Kohl's.

Well, maybe I'm just the lucky one.  I returned a dozen plus sets flattened because of garment bags.  The customer service people were the ones identifying the shipping method as "garment bags". 

Walmart I have always received boxes, but Kohls is another one I would only do store pick up.

On 11/25/2022 at 4:37 PM, gmpirate said:

Thanks Target! 

IMG_0226.jpeg

This particular set has been a nightmare for Target for over a year.  Last Year, Target had a blowout of these for $56.  Investors scarfed them up.  Almost every single set that arrived was damaged or had popped seals.  I personally ordered 7 in which 6 had a problem.  A couple boxes even had holes in them but the contents were always intact.  Really odd that it appears to be so set-centric.

15 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Not to worry, I think I'd remember if the Tigers had won the World Series with them.

As a long-suffering Tigers fan for over 55 years, I have to agree.  I recall (and I have an old man's memory) is that Scherzer was almost always in Verlander's shadow.  He was considered really good but not Verlander good.  Ah, those were the days......

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 11:09 PM, Sozial said:

I thought during that hard times its time to give something back. I hope you enjoy the sticker Xmas tree just for you. With new shipments arriving tomorrow it might grow a little bit more, but I am satisfied so far.

IMG_20221207_212056.jpg

I know you want it, the final picture of its wholeness. Today was the last parcel with the stickered sets.

Enjoy that bad boy. After deciding to throw it away, i got a plastic garbage bag and tried to put that sticker tree inside. Pro tip for you all: it doesnt work, because they stick to the plastic- so in the end these stickers mocked me one last time just because I wanted to spread some joy for Christmas!

IMG_20221208_221651.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Target, is anyone else seeing these?

The lego theft at my local Target, only 1 within an hour, is so persistent that they have tried removing all lego from the shelves in the past making them a request assistance from an associate item, who has to get them from the back. I guess these locks require an associates assistance. 

There is a local B&M comic store that I guess unbeknownst to the proprietor is clearly selling stolen lego. He also sells them on eBay for these prices OBO with free shipping. 

78189315-8DD5-49F6-96D2-3D0167BBFB50.jpeg

BED2A269-9C92-4065-8513-44721CEFC9F2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The lego theft at my local Target, only 1 within an hour, is so persistent that they have tried removing all lego from the shelves in the past making them a request assistance from an associate item, who has to get them from the back. I guess these locks require an associates assistance. 

There is a local B&M comic store that I guess unbeknownst to the proprietor is clearly selling stolen lego. He also sells them on eBay for these prices OBO with free shipping. 

Wow on both fronts!

25 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I notice in my area on FB (2) different women selling lego brand new sealed for 25-50 percent off including the Luke Landspeeder for $150 and other higher end sets....Sets you normally don't see that deeply discounted.......If it was 1 or 2 sets i wouldn't think much of it but they always seem to have these sets at good discounts