Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

2 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Sellers who include their foot or feet in their pictures annoys me...I want to see what you are selling, not what you what shoes you are wearing, or worse, your actual foot or feet. Argh....

foot.thumb.JPG.ad1ac2008ebc7e5030846cd7cb0bfada.JPG

That isn't for scale?  Maybe they didn't have a ruler.  jk, they obviously need photo etiquette 101

I bought one of these for staging sets

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Shooting-Diffusion-Backdrops-Photography/dp/B00GKFUFFE/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=light+cube+diffusion+softbox+kit&qid=1613937813&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Cuts out a lot of background clutter.  And it can fold up like a windshield sun screen if you are lacking storage space like I am.  I also got an inexpensive LED light ring during black Friday for an external light source.  That with the flash on my digital SLR I haven't had bad photos since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Cuts out a lot of background clutter.  And it can fold up like a windshield sun screen if you are lacking storage space like I am.  I also got an inexpensive LED light ring during black Friday for an external light source.  That with the flash on my digital SLR I haven't had bad photos since.

I hate folding those windshield sun screens.  They never fold correctly when I am in a hurry.  Give me one that folds like a map* anytime.

*For the younger members: back in the day, maps were actually printed on large pieces of paper instead of on iPhones/GPS systems

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Shooting-Diffusion-Backdrops-Photography/dp/B00GKFUFFE/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=light+cube+diffusion+softbox+kit&qid=1613937813&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Maybe I will upgrade to this one day. I currently have two $0.99 pieces of white poster board on top of a white Ikea table. 

Last March, when stores were running low, I had to pick up "stuff" that I don't normally buy.  Nothing unusual, but what I mean is, if I usually bought Brand A of Beans, and it was picked clean, I'd buy Brand B.

So we were running low of instant oatmeal.  I'm not a big fan of it, but I have one or two flavors that I'll eat.  Of course, all of my flavors were gone.  So I grabbed a box of Quaker Peanut Butter & Banana instant oatmeal.

It's been sitting in our pantry for almost a year, because I just really didn't want to touch the stuff.  But push came to shove a couple weeks back, and I ended up trying it.  And damnit, I love it.

Well, of course, now I'm looking for it (because I'm out), and I can't find it anywhere.  Near as I can tell from the Quaker site, they're not even making it anymore.  I should go check Dollar Tree or Big Lots at this point, I guess.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Last March, when stores were running low, I had to pick up "stuff" that I don't normally buy.  Nothing unusual, but what I mean is, if I usually bought Brand A of Beans, and it was picked clean, I'd buy Brand B.

So we were running low of instant oatmeal.  I'm not a big fan of it, but I have one or two flavors that I'll eat.  Of course, all of my flavors were gone.  So I grabbed a box of Quaker Peanut Butter & Banana instant oatmeal.

It's been sitting in our pantry for almost a year, because I just really didn't want to touch the stuff.  But push came to shove a couple weeks back, and I ended up trying it.  And damnit, I love it.

Well, of course, now I'm looking for it (because I'm out), and I can't find it anywhere.  Near as I can tell from the Quaker site, they're not even making it anymore.  I should go check Dollar Tree or Big Lots at this point, I guess.

proof that everything should have a "Retiring Soon" label

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Mix a spoon of peanut butter to a bowl of plain oatmeal and put banana slices on top???

Or buy them from @marcandre for 400% MSRP :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, exracer327 said:

what are you using for lighting with this?

18 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

You can add Peanut Butter to this

https://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/protein/banana-nut

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/media/australia-media-legislation-facebook-intl-hnk/index.html

What's going on in Australia...Google and FB vs the government.

Based on this article; seems like a positive direction.  I am all for news outlets being properly compensated for their content...otherwise we see them trying to appeal to the lowest denominator...ie entertainment...20 years ago who knew (other than MIB) that the trashy eye catching crap such as Star and Enquirer would eventually become "regular news" for this country.