Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Move.  I know that's not a popular answer, but if you truly valued your own safety and security over the convenience and amenities of a city, you would not live in an apartment.

If you don't have any room to store anything then any kind of preparing is out putting you at risk for situations like this.

There are people who can't afford a house, even in a rural area. Cities are the most expensive places to live but they are also the cheapest. A small apartment requires little maintenance, saves on utilities and depending on location, you might not even need a car.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

WTH am I looking at.

I want to believe that is fake, but that just cannot be.

They say politicians are out of touch with reality.  May I present Exhibit A.

Crazy?  Or SurprisedPikachuFace.gif?

My wife and I were just talking about this photo with the same reaction.  Its GOT to be fake, a deep fake lol

18 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Ted Cruz response:

I got no defense.

🤷🏻‍♂️

How about an apology? Dude is on vacay in Cancun while a quarter of his constituents have to freakin boil water facing 4 days straight of no power in freezing temperatures. If THIS guy continues to "lead" the GOP that says enuff about that. 

That's because you assume Ted Cruz is human. May I present: https://www.tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

In all seriousness, F Ted Cruz. My in-laws just got power back today after being without for 4 days in Texas and sleeping in front of a fireplace. They're some of the lucky ones.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TANV said:

That's because you assume Ted Cruz is human. May I present: https://www.tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

In all seriousness, F Ted Cruz. My in-laws just got power back today after being without for 4 days in Texas and sleeping in front of a fireplace. They're some of the lucky ones.

we all know what the Cruz camp is thinking: thank goodness this is happening this year and not on an election year.

sadly in terms of politics; this sentiment is the most accurate. 4 years from now those suffering the most now will be fervent supporters for Cruz for prez 

4 minutes ago, Jessekidd13 said:

Why would you go with your wife to her cancer diagnosis?  

To know whether or not I need fire up some dating profiles. 

I get your point, but him offering words of support or other platitudes doesn't turn anybody's power back on.  Does your family in Texas really care what Ted Cruz thinks?  Do they think he really cares about them?  Spoiler alert, he doesn't.  John Cornyn doesn't either, does anyone know what he is up to?

I did not know that Texas' power grid was independent of other states, so I learned something from this whole thing.

3 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I get your point, but him offering words of support or other platitudes doesn't turn anybody's power back on.  Does your family in Texas really care what Ted Cruz thinks?  Do they think he really cares about them?  Spoiler alert, he doesn't.  John Cornyn doesn't either, does anyone know what he is up to?

I did not know that Texas' power grid was independent of other states, so I learned something from this whole thing.

Fair point, and that made me laugh.  And then feel bad.  But still laugh.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Come on now, fellas. Ole Ted has been growing out that mullet for months because he knows how amazing it looks on a jet ski. Would you let a little thing like your entire state being without electricity or water during record cold make you pull this bad boy back into shore and leave Cancun? d24a3907a0d8ec5f949fc53eca7ecc3e.jpg

Wait, I thought he was there to try out for WWE ?

6704.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Both Cruz and Cornyn felt it was their place to criticize other states problems and deemed it necessary to elevate Texas' power grid as a clear example for the country.

They could have...you know..not said anything publicly like the other 98 senators...so they put themselves up to be scrutinized. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Both Cruz and Cornyn felt it was their place to criticize other states problems and deemed it necessary to elevate Texas' power grid as a clear example for the country.

They could have...you know..not said anything publicly like the other 98 senators...so they put themselves up to be scrutinized. 

Hey, it wasn't Ted's fault after all. It was those dastardly kids, wanting to go to Cancun!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

That's a fair point.

14 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Found a cool site that show power outages for country, state, and county

https://poweroutage.us/area/state/california

Texas seems to be getting better at about 200K resident "only" without power

Why does Texas hate Gillespie COunty?

I've lived in Texas for 15 years and just had to Google "Gillespie County Texas"  Only to discover that's where Fredericksburg is.  Neat little town if you ever find yourself out that way.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:03 PM, TheOrcKing said:

So Google Stadia would seem to be going the same direction the PlayStation Vita did by closing the doors on their first party studios to "focus on Stadia's future as a platform" and "will not be investing further in bringing exclusive content from [their] internal development team SG&E (Stadia Games & Entertainment)" making the Stadia virtually a 'cloud console' with no exclusive content whatsoever.

Google Blog

Well to bring this back up, turns out the day Google posted that blog article (February 1st) stating the closure of their SG&E division was also the day they actually told the developers (SG&E) the studio would be shut down whereas just about a week earlier Google Stadia vice president and general manager Phil Harrison had sent an email telling the studio what a great job they were doing and listed future strategies going into 2021.

Kotaku / Ars Technica

22 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yep. Objectively, what can he do to remedy the situation?  He is a US senator, a law maker.  Anything that can/should be done ASAP falls under the executive branch, ie the governor of Texas 

Nope. Objectively, as one of the most powerful men in the state, there is an almost limitless number of possible ways in which he could be helping during times of crisis. That's what leaders, be it national or local, do when **** goes sideways. Don't take it from me, take it from Ted who was quoted as saying that he was going to "go home and keep working to get the grid reopened, to get power restored, to get the water back on"

Either he's lying, or he also feels pretty strongly that he has a big role to play in this.

15 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Nope. Objectively, as one of the most powerful men in the state, there is an almost limitless number of possible ways in which he could be helping during times of crisis. That's what leaders, be it national or local, do when **** goes sideways. Don't take it from me, take it from Ted who was quoted as saying that he was going to "go home and keep working to get the grid reopened, to get power restored, to get the water back on"

Either he's lying, or he also feels pretty strongly that he has a big role to play in this.

Working on what exactly? List 10 of those limitless possible ways he can do as a US senator that would effectively bring the power back on etc ASAP

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Working on what exactly? List 10 of those limitless possible ways he can do as a US senator that would effectively bring the power back on etc ASAP

He could shove an extension cord into the ass of each and every member of congress, including himself. With their bullshitting powers combined they could produce enough juice eliminate the need for power plants. 

It's like Captain planet, but instead of being powered by good values... it's powered by a bunch of greedy liars who only pretend to care about their constituents during election time. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3