Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

31 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

I hope that by selling the copies of my children's banned books makes them a little less racist and brings a warmth to the heart of someone willing to pay top dollar to fuel their book bonfire.

Those people can't afford to buy books for bonfire.  They are the same ones who complained when Twitter floated the idea of paid subscription model :D :D :D

Few weeks ago I decided to put my small stash of Finch Dallow minifigs in a secure place, it's so secure I could not find it last night. 1k worth of minifigs 'lost', I was sobbing in bed last night... 😪

Maybe it will show up in a few years and be worth even more. 🤑🤑

• Sad 1

Few weeks ago I decided to put my small stash of Finch Dallow minifigs in a secure place, it's so secure I could not find it last night. 1k worth of minifigs 'lost', I was sobbing in bed last night... 
Maybe it will show up in a few years and be worth even more. 
I do that with my kid's birthday and Christmas presents. I don't have 1 spot to hide them in case they snoop. But that means I also forget some of my hiding spots haha

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:
2 hours ago, coelian said:
Few weeks ago I decided to put my small stash of Finch Dallow minifigs in a secure place, it's so secure I could not find it last night. 1k worth of minifigs 'lost', I was sobbing in bed last night... emoji25.png
Maybe it will show up in a few years and be worth even more. emoji857.pngemoji857.png

I do that with my kid's birthday and Christmas presents. I don't have 1 spot to hide them in case they snoop. But that means I also forget some of my hiding spots haha

We have a bomb shelter in the basement of my apartment and I know some neighbors hide birthday presents there.

My kids are also snoopers. They've even learned to pick the simple locks on some doors. I have a utility type room in my basement that I've been stashing Lego sets in. I'm always quickly sticking them in there and they are just stacked up and leaning from side to side. I really need to organize them. I used to stick them in a plastic bin in the garage however that got full. I don't even remember what all is in that bin anymore. I did recent get a Slave 1 out of it and put it in a better spot though.

This morning I was up pretty early and tried to get something out of the utility closet space. By the time I got the door open and started moving things around I could hear my two oldest (7 & 9) running down two flights of stairs to catch me while the door was open so they could get a peek, lol.

As for an actual complaint: I hate when people ask "whats you best price". I always reply "whats the most you will pay?"

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

As for an actual complaint: I hate when people ask "whats you best price". I always reply "whats the most you will pay?"

"Is this item still available?" is also a pet peeve question of mine. I mean. It's listed. You searched for it. Found it. Then contacted me via the listing.

• Like 2

"Is this item still available?" is also a pet peeve question of mine. I mean. It's listed. You searched for it. Found it. Then contacted me via the listing.

I think people do this because too many people don’t remove their listings.

My 8 year is constantly searching for stuff on OfferUp. And he’ll show me something he’s interested in (like a skateboard), and then I point out to him that is was posted 10 months ago (!).
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, coelian said:

Few weeks ago I decided to put my small stash of Finch Dallow minifigs in a secure place, it's so secure I could not find it last night. 1k worth of minifigs 'lost', I was sobbing in bed last night... 😪

Maybe it will show up in a few years and be worth even more. 🤑🤑

I do the opposite..the more valuable it is; the more prominent the display/storage

I learn from our squirrel mammal cousins

just to put things in perspective just because it's out there, it doesn't mean it ok to just post it and think it's not "my" problem.  Recent violence against asian people has really bothered me and this gets little attention  in the media.  I barely heard anything on this outside of local news recently.

2 teens charged with sexually assaulting, killing woman in Washington Park

I know this doesn't belong in the thread, but I'm pissed.

23 minutes ago, joch29 said:

just to put things in perspective just because it's out there, it doesn't mean it ok to just post it and think it's not "my" problem.  Recent violence against asian people has really bothered me and this gets little attention  in the media.  I barely heard anything on this outside of local news recently.

What news are you watching? WABC & WCBS have been reporting asian hate crime the past few weeks/months as if it were going out of style.

3 hours ago, joch29 said:

1. As disturbing as this story was, just because a crime happened to 1 race of people did not necessarily mean the crime was motivated by race
2. In ideal world, this story SHOULD have been a national news. Even without the race component, "A group of teenagers assaulted and killed a woman sitting in a park".  That was a disgusting and sad reflection of our time.

I have a 3rd point regarding the cowards in mainstream media but decided to censor myself

• Like 3

Today's Target: crappy middle school science textbooks.

Just worked through a science project on "Mechanical Advantage" with my middle-schooler.  We struggled for 30min until I realized the **** textbook set the lab up wrong, and used a bad model for the problem.  Wish I could find the idiot that wrote this lab up and give them a tongue-lashing.

:growl:

• Like 3

Lol only in USA.  We elected a president that wouldn't shut up and 4 years later the new president is someone who would not / could not handle open Q&A session with the press.  You know it is f-up when even the left leaning CNN complained about it

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/media/biden-press-conference-reliable-sources/index.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol only in USA.  We elected a president that wouldn't shut up and 4 years later the new president is someone who would not / could not handle open Q&A session with the press.  You know it is f-up when even the left leaning CNN complained about it

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/media/biden-press-conference-reliable-sources/index.html

"As we await word on when President Biden will hold his first solo press conference, an analysis of the past 100 years shows he is behind his 15 most recent predecessors, who all held a solo press conference within 33 days of taking office."

To be fair, how many other of those presidents took office immediately following a violent attack on the National Capital, replacing a deranged psychopath along with managing a global pandemic.   There have been talks Biden wont agree to an address until there is a stimulus bill passed.  Wow, no talk until progress is made!  Thats my kinda of work.  Nose down until the job is done, then maybe we can sit around the fireplace to discuss nuances and derivatives.  A very STARK contrast of the past 4 years of blowing total smoke and peeing on all of us with nothing being accomplished and being told its just a light rain. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

"As we await word on when President Biden will hold his first solo press conference, an analysis of the past 100 years shows he is behind his 15 most recent predecessors, who all held a solo press conference within 33 days of taking office."

To be fair, how many other of those presidents took office immediately following a violent attack on the National Capital, replacing a deranged psychopath along with managing a global pandemic.   There have been talks Biden wont agree to an address until there is a stimulus bill passed.  Wow, no talk until progress is made!  Thats my kinda of work.  Nose down until the job is done, then maybe we can sit around the fireplace to discuss nuances and derivatives.  A very STARK contrast of the past 4 years of blowing total smoke and peeing on all of us with nothing being accomplished and being told its just a light rain. 

Wait, so your defense is he cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, therefore he is a good president :D :D

I thought open communication is a good thing and we want president who can calm the masses down during crisis?  The bolded line above is a definition of a crisis isn't it? So where is our illustrious leader?

16 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Wah, Wah, Wah. The conspiracy! The deceit! The... whatever, man.

Yep. That was what I said.  :P

When all I want is consistency

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To be fair, the nuance pointed out in the article is that Biden has both taken questions and made himself available in at least one town hall format and the right has taken this narrative and catastrophized it. While I agree his age is troubling, I think its more or less political move on Biden's part in terms of not wanting to piss off Manchin or some other swing vote right before the stimulus bill goes up. 

• Like 2