Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

13 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I've got to take care of that... blah.

Yeah, requested roadside assistance through Geico app which was painless, got a text with a company name and ETA (an hour) and of course that comes and goes, I give them a call and they say oh yeah, it's gonna be another 90 minutes. So I dink around at Walmart for a while... Get a call, 20 minutes out. Great, I buy a corn dog and head back... Wait another 40-50 minutes for the guy to show up and it turns out I clicked the roadside link from my Pacifica ID card and not the C-max one so he can't tow my car without asking his boss blah blah. So I call Geico and fix the order, but that was another 15 minutes. I waited on the work at the tire shop for less than an hour!

43 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Yeah, requested roadside assistance through Geico app which was painless, got a text with a company name and ETA (an hour) and of course that comes and goes, I give them a call and they say oh yeah, it's gonna be another 90 minutes. So I dink around at Walmart for a while... Get a call, 20 minutes out. Great, I buy a corn dog and head back... Wait another 40-50 minutes for the guy to show up and it turns out I clicked the roadside link from my Pacifica ID card and not the C-max one so he can't tow my car without asking his boss blah blah. So I call Geico and fix the order, but that was another 15 minutes. I waited on the work at the tire shop for less than an hour!

the "complimentary" roadside assistance w/ most insurances are notoriously slow.  basically they look for a contractor in your area and it's the lowest priority (ie lowest pay scale) so contractors will take it as a last resort (many will flake out if a better job hits while they are on their way).  i will say once they come it's all good; but I've used them maybe a handful from Michigan to CA and the wait estimate is ALWAY off by at least an hour and the typical wait is 2-3 hours (based on my experiences). 

one time the guy had my truck on his tow, but opted to drop it and go to a better paying job (big accident near by)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

It’s 2:00 am and I’ve just spent the last hour trying to coax my half-breed hound from chasing deer in woods at the back of our house. I’m not sure how she got out of the fenced in yard, but I’ve got a stack on concrete blocks that are going to be put to use come morning to shore up the fence.

Also, my dog is a total jerk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

A neighbour in my apt accidently opened my package and also cut one of the lego boxes. He/she quietly put it back in the delivery area instead of coming to me and telling me about it. I'm not mad that it was accidently opened more that the person did not bother to at least tell me it was a mistake. 😐 

7 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the "complimentary" roadside assistance w/ most insurances are notoriously slow.  basically they look for a contractor in your area and it's the lowest priority (ie lowest pay scale) so contractors will take it as a last resort (many will flake out if a better job hits while they are on their way).  i will say once they come it's all good; but I've used them maybe a handful from Michigan to CA and the wait estimate is ALWAY off by at least an hour and the typical wait is 2-3 hours (based on my experiences). 

one time the guy had my truck on his tow, but opted to drop it and go to a better paying job (big accident near by)

FYI, roadside assistance is always at the lowest level of priority. The tow companies barely get paid anything compared to other calls. In most metro areas, there are very few companies that even pair with AAA or other insurance companies to provide the service because the money isn't good.

It’s 2:00 am and I’ve just spent the last hour trying to coax my half-breed hound from chasing deer in woods at the back of our house. I’m not sure how she got out of the fenced in yard, but I’ve got a stack on concrete blocks that are going to be put to use come morning to shore up the fence.

Also, my dog is a total jerk.

If it makes you feel any better...

Around the same time you were doing that, I was outside with my jerk of a dog, who has decided that barking at the possum that likes to hang in our yard at night is a good thing.

I live in a suburban development. I’ve got neighbors all around me.
The new Mountain Dew commercial with Gizmo is triggering me and I don't know why. He doesn't look right. Is he supposed to be 'aged' or something?

It reminds me of the goofy mogwai from the second movie.

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_03/ebay1.jpg.11aca0e7ef48313f1e2b47a9ec5f64ce.jpg

That is not Gizmo.
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I'd rather call tow company directly than using the complimentary services.  I know too much about how call centers work, especially when it involves 2+ companies.

Also I have a spare tire and jumper cable in all my cars just because I am cheap like that... :P

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

That is not Gizmo.

The mogwai in the commercial is not Gizmo? mKay.

The mogwai in the commercial is most definitely supposed to be Gizmo.

Edit: I see the confusion now. You think the photo was supposed to be Gizmo. No. Thats the goofy mogwai from the second movie, for comparison. I guess I wasn't clear.

Edited by KvHulk
  • Like 2

The mogwai in the commercial is not Gizmo? mKay.

The mogwai in the commercial is most definitely supposed to be Gizmo.

Edit: I see the confusion now. You think the photo was supposed to be Gizmo. No. Thats the goofy mogwai from the second movie, for comparison. I guess I wasn't clear.

Yeah I thought that was a picture from the commercial. I don’t acknowledge a second Gremlins movie, but like there are only three Indians Jones films, lol
  • Haha 2

On 3/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, ravenb99 said:

So if I identify as pepe le pew I'm a groper and a stalker.   Got it...

In any circumstance (then & now) Pepe Le Pew is the basic textbook definition of a womanizer, a man who habitually flirts with and seduces or attempts to seduce women. All the twisted terms being spat out across the net between calling the skunk a sexual assaulter or a rapist are absolutely absurd. I remember part of a Dave Chappelle skit where he's reminiscing about watching cartoons as a grown-up compared to a child calling the character a rapist but that was a joke from twenty years ago.

The real short of it, Pepe Le Pew is just a cartoon character from 1945 who can be considered as overly affectionate and flirtatious. He did not "normalize rape culture" as per some news article blowing smoke into our faces only because a certain sequel is in the works otherwise nobody would care to begin with.

He's still not a role model though but what amounts to simply as a guy who loves women and enjoys the chase is nothing close to what the media is trying to pervert him into.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I never understood the complaints about Speedy Gonzales.  He is bilingual, fast, and smart.  Why is that so bad?

*Oh and his name is spelled with an s, you *R^&Y$%^% !!!  #CANCEL !!!!! :P :D

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias isn't backing down from his role on the character in the new Space Jam sequel.

And you can blame my misspell on Exciter1. Haha.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:15 AM, KvHulk said:

The new Mountain Dew commercial with Gizmo is triggering me and I don't know why. He doesn't look right. Is he supposed to be 'aged' or something?

That would be my takeaway. In the commercial he does have some patches of gray going through his fur on his face. Also maybe some ear hair.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I don’t acknowledge a second Gremlins movie, but like there are only three Indians Jones films, lol

Gremlins 2 The New Batch was certainly more humorous and cornier than the first but still great fun.

So, on a different topic, the fridge basically broke down last night. Found a pool of water at the bottom. It's from the early 2000s so it's a miracle it's lasted this long. We're renting this place so the landlady was good about letting us use her freezer chests and looking into getting a new fridge. Downside, it may be a few days.

I looked at the cause and it looks like the tubing for the water line is pinched to the point that it sprung a tiny leak. Problem is the ferrule nut are rusted and the part connecting to the compressor seems to be breaking down to. So...yay for new fridge?

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

1. Looking at today's game streamers, a 20 year old me would have given them a run for their money.. :gamer:

2. I found out I no longer have the patience or the time to train to be a competent gamer (forget competitive) 😅

My son's been obsessed with Smash Bros lately, so when he asked me to play I felt a little confident, since I was good at it when it was on the gamecube. Needless to say, he kicked my behind, then we played online and strangers kicked my behind.  He showed me videos on how to improve. Two minutes into the video, I felt the same way as you. I'll stick to Tetris from now on.

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

36ca2c9a4f06b2289ae5e9021a697f57.gif

We don’t talk about what my son and I spend on FortNite monthly.

I’m horrible at it but it’s still a blast to play with him. Plus I’m caught up in the narrative.

Played Fortnite religiously everyday from the summer of 2019 until the summer of 2020. The Battlepass is addictive that way. Managed a victory royale per season, just to show I crap I was at it. Did start getting the hang of building towards the end (this is on PC).

Stopped playing after that. Then in the last week, due to boredom, I picked it up on the Switch again. They made a change in matchups which means as you progress in skills you play with more advanced opponents. That is totally awesome, as I am finally matched up with people who are as crappy as I am. Makes the game so much more fun. Though I have now played enough to be again at the level of my capabilities, meaning I invariably end up in an endgame with people who crank out nineties and have my 40+ year old reflexes outwitted easily.