Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

21 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Yeah, compare concentration camps to ghettos. Same thing... 

ycchhh - i don't know.   locking people up, torturing and then killing them en masse is definitely a zenith of human awfulness - i don't want to go to the concentration camp level of pure evil comparison- that should be reserved.  people can  pull themselves out of ghetto. many triumphant stories of people rising out of oppression in american inner city ghettos and turning their experiences into success though it is also a machine of mass misery.  just not a machine of mass genocide.  just wish there was a lighter touch here but then you see the recent video of regular friendly traffic cop in new mexico getting gunned down with an ar15 by drug dealer and you understand why cops are on edge when they have a traffic stop with the country armed to the tooth with semiautomatic weapons.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Please post. I need another excuse for the wife to explain my excess flatulence when I haven't had any beans or cheese in any of my recent meals! 

Anything reduced fat does not agree with my stomach.  I avoid the Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat Chips that are frequently on sale at Costco.

• Like 1

A target of constant disdain most of my life: Turkey bacon and veggie burgers

I have succumbed and embraced them both.

The turkey bacon is more palatable when considering them to be like spam and not bacon...a little bit of guilt-free salty w/ my eggs in the morning goes a long way.

[my new "line" in the sand is fat-free or diet Ice cream...at that point just shoot me]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Anything reduced fat does not agree with my stomach.  I avoid the Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat Chips that are frequently on sale at Costco.

image.png.76d79bedc7ec93e3f63e3613468420b8.png

This from the Cape Cod Chips site. Just less greasy is all. The gas is all your own making! :D I did buy a bag of the Kettle Krinkle chips yesterday when I was up in Lincoln Park. Also debunking @$20 on joe vs dan 's claim about the Doritos, the big bag is on sale here for $3.79. And to stay on topic, avoid the Lincoln Park (or probably any) Costco on a Sunday, place is a madhouse. 

image.png

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

image.png.76d79bedc7ec93e3f63e3613468420b8.png

This from the Cape Cod Chips site. Just less greasy is all. The gas is all your own making! :D I did buy a bag of the Kettle Krinkle chips yesterday when I was up in Lincoln Park. Also debunking @$20 on joe vs dan 's claim about the Doritos, the big bag is on sale here for $3.79. And to stay on topic, avoid the Lincoln Park (or probably any) Costco on a Sunday, place is a madhouse. 

image.png

Lol.  All I know is I can eat a whole bag of the Crinkle cut and feel fine, but a handful of Cape Cod and you would not want to be around me for a few hours after. :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

A target of constant disdain most of my life: Turkey bacon and veggie burgers

I have succumbed and embraced them both.

The turkey bacon is more palatable when considering them to be like spam and not bacon...a little bit of guilt-free salty w/ my eggs in the morning goes a long way.

[my new "line" in the sand is fat-free or diet Ice cream...at that point just shoot me]

speaking of spam, wife made musubi for dinner.  My complaint? Kids got to eat more of it and it quickly disappeared. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I remember when the Phrase "Going Postal" was so far removed from it's horrible origins that it became a pop culture term used in jokes.

Speaking of going postal...I had avoided going to the post office for drop offs for almost a year. Then one day, my Blink camera caught the postal lady picking up my packages from the front door while muttering "******* go to the post office, *****!"

Made me laugh and feel bad, lol. Back in the habit of going to the post office now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I remember when the Phrase "Going Postal" was so far removed from it's horrible origins that it became a pop culture term used in jokes.

I think what you are remembering is a time when people were free to find humor in the face of horror (without the fear of being labeled being hateful, insensitive, and in need of being canceled).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, KShine said:

I think what you are remembering is a time when people were free to find humor in the face of horror (without the fear of being labeled being hateful, insensitive, and in need of being canceled).

I wonder what Don Rickles would say about today's culture.  Until things change we won't see something like below ever again.  You really have to watch to the end when he says something nice.  That is sadly rarely heard today either.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, KShine said:

This makes me want to have a beer and watch Blazing Saddles tonight

• Like 7

23 hours ago, KShine said:

One of my favorite comedy clips of all time addressing this.  Being 60, I find today's youth so frigging uptight that its a wonder they all don't bust a spring before age 40.

*NSFW (language)*

Woke up to my phone, a Pixel 3, powered-off and non-responsive on my bedside table. It had 78% when I set it down to sleep. Why couldn't this have happened yesterday when my parents were visiting and could pay attention to my four year old while I troubleshoot this. I'm considering just ordering a replacement one off Woot today

2020-2021 described in a single word--Languishing

"Languishing is the neglected middle child of mental health. It’s the void between depression and flourishing — the absence of well-being. You don’t have symptoms of mental illness, but you’re not the picture of mental health either. You’re not functioning at full capacity. Languishing dulls your motivation, disrupts your ability to focus, and triples the odds that you’ll cut back on work. It appears to be more common than major depression — and in some ways it may be a bigger risk factor for mental illness." 

• Like 1