Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

11 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Yes I know, which is why I used the phrase "less likely."

I never implied an absolute. You did. 

Here is your quote where you speak in absolutes. 

I'm not trying to be combative but you are just speculating. I'm attempting to explain what conventional virology would predict as a likely outcome. 

Not to beat a dead horse. But it would be considered Covid 21.

should have stuck w/ the vernacular "Covid II"..I'm sure a politician will blame an ethnicity anyway because scape goats are great for partisan messaging.

also aren't there some variants currently out there that are worse than before?  occurring post vaccine.  I mean I hear the argument that future strains "should" be less potent..but there are already examples of it not being the case.  Sure the US and many western nations have upped vaccinations in recent months but it's still a small fraction compared to the world population and places like India and the future "India's" will be incubators for something worse and obviously doesn't take much for it to spread past borders.  A virologist saying "it's not likely" doesn't hold much water.  Covid and its scale is NOTHING like anything in the past and it's pretty arrogant to think we can predict what will LIKELY or UNLIKELY happen. 

27 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Covid and its scale is NOTHING like anything in the past and it's pretty arrogant to think we can predict what will LIKELY or UNLIKELY happen. 

Watch out the sky is falling chicken little.  

Our family got Covid last October when the outbreaks were at the worst levels. We believe we got it from my son who just returned to in person learning.  He wore a mask and was socially distanced at school. I had a mild fever for a week. Worked through it. Life goes on. Most of us have been sheltered by working from home. I believe that is part of the paranoia I’m seeing here. The fear of the unknown. The threat of others. It’s a simple primal fear. 

Edited by Mathew

18 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Or maybe the primal fear is the 500,000+ people that died from it in the US.

Most were elderly people with pre existing health issues. Basically you could have cancer but if you tested positive then you died of covid. My grandfather smoked filterless Lucky’s for over 60 years of his life. His lungs were soiled. He died from pneumonia. But we all know his life ended earlier than it should have due to smoking.

My son exhibited no symptoms from covid (tested positive) but years earlier he was in the hospital with pneumonia. From my experience pneumonia is much more dangerous than covid and there are over 3 million cases a year. Now I know covid can potentially cause pneumonia But never has there been such hysteria over a cold or flu virus. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Again the conditioning has made people paranoid. If most of you trusted the CDC before the latest recommendations then why the sudden distrust?

Nothing to do w/ the science...I think it's two groups:

Trust people

Don't trust people

Honestly I think pre-Covid I would say, i was in the first group, but now I am squarely within the group that don't trust people.  A lot of it is conditioning as you mentioned as my news consumption went up exponentially since COvid and the headlines tend to mostly report the worst in people.

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Michigan just lifted its mask mandate starting tomorrow for outdoors and for those vaccinated,  indoors. As with Walmart, how one can verify this, is still up in the air.. 

22 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Am i alone in saying that I sometimes prefer the anonymity that the mask provides? Buying tons of legos as an adult is one of those times :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

All this mask less fun finally and concerts back and I cannot partake.  Got hit with some undiagnosable virus / auto immune disease April 1st that dropped my cd4 scores to those of someone with aids (sub 200's).   Now forced to double mask if I do want to venture out.   Down to a few options to figure out what it is.  If not just have to live with not knowing and hope immune system comes back up.  Been a wild 6 weeks.  3 trips to ER. 11 days in hospital and 180k in tests to come up with not a single positive diagnosis and be told I'm healthy and fit other than being immunocompromised from what my body has been fighting.  

• Sad 18