Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

image.png.6189f752676cd32a78f021bf09a75ec9.png

So much to unpack here but I fell off my rocker when he says 'once she get that good good from me' :lol:I will definitely be using that on the wifey later:spiteful:

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Did you get your vax?  If so then why would you consider going even more extreme?  People are strange. 

Yes people are very strange indeed.  From my perspective (medical biology background) @Phil Bis taking the necessary precautions to protect his clan. Its unfortunate he HAS to do this, but like you said, people are strange. 

image.png.487f146c330f7cec566d60e7926af029.png

As we are all seeing this play out in front of our eyes, the vaccine is no guarantee. 

Choosing to not get a vaccine or not wear a mask just makes zero sense to me. Someone said it earlier, what a crazy hill to die on.  

I get it, we all would like to move on with our lives.  The people who choose to act recklessly, are only making this last longer for the rest of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dennugsmello said:

This is not a fact. 

Most likely, with a smaller and more spread out pool of people who can catch and pass the virus the virus must mutate into a less lethal version of itself to survive. More contagious? Probably. More lethal. Not according to the traditional pattern of virus mutations.  

Hopefully, over time, the virus will naturally mutate into a relatively harmless cold strain and eliminate the need for updated vaccines. 

But then India is happening

9 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I felt the CDC's announcement yesterday was premature. In any case, we'll still be wearing masks wherever we go like we've always been unless we know for sure the people we are hanging out with are vaccinated. We've come this far, and I'm not taking any unnecessary chances yet. 

My 13yo daughter is going to get her first shot on Sunday, and we're hoping our 8yo son can be eligible to get his soon. 

I just know around here, my family and friends are the few who will still be cautious.  We're only protecting ourselves at this point, instead of others.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I felt the CDC's announcement yesterday was premature. In any case, we'll still be wearing masks wherever we go like we've always been unless we know for sure the people we are hanging out with are vaccinated. We've come this far, and I'm not taking any unnecessary chances yet. 

My 13yo daughter is going to get her first shot on Sunday, and we're hoping our 8yo son can be eligible to get his soon. 

I think it's become more of a courtesy issue

Hard to wantonly walk into an enclosed public place w/ no mask...seems rude to me

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

So much to unpack here but I fell off my rocker when he says 'once she get that good good from me' :lol:I will definitely be using that on the wifey later:spiteful:

Yes people are very strange indeed.  From my perspective (medical biology background) @Phil Bis taking the necessary precautions to protect his clan. Its unfortunate he HAS to do this, but like you said, people are strange. 

image.png.487f146c330f7cec566d60e7926af029.png

As we are all seeing this play out in front of our eyes, the vaccine is no guarantee. 

Choosing to not get a vaccine or not wear a mask just makes zero sense to me. Someone said it earlier, what a crazy hill to die on.  

I get it, we all would like to move on with our lives.  The people who choose to act recklessly, are only making this last longer for the rest of us.

this is intriguing for many reasons

Anecdotally, I know of 1 false positive case from testing...false positives are generally lumped into total positive numbers since there's no follow-up...in the case of break through cases, I would think they double check but who knows.

Also given the fact it's such a small group getting so many break throughs ... gotta wonder if it's a specific strain (this info typically takes more time to get)

finally is this group doing something that makes the vaccine less effective?  steroids have a suppressive effect on the immune system...just sayin.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think it's become more of a courtesy issue

Hard to wantonly walk into an enclosed public place w/ no mask...seems rude to me

You’ve been conditioned. That’s the scariest aspect of the social mandates. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

conditioned...? to consider the other people around you when you make decisions?  

This is one of the most dumbfounding assertions to me... that it is zero sum, that if you understand that a significant amount of people have a somewhat reasonable fear, acting to show that you have considered them when you are walking through the world means that you are a sheeple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

conditioned...? to consider the other people around you when you make decisions?  

This is one of the most dumbfounding assertions to me... that it is zero sum, that if you understand that a significant amount of people have a somewhat reasonable fear, acting to show that you have considered them when you are walking through the

5 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

jesus ****.

world means that you are a sheeple. 

Jesus who? 😂

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

United States≠ China either; but 2020 happened...if there is a bad variant (anywhere in the world) it is just a matter of WHEN not IF...One world One sheeple 

Funny.  Mask-wearers call non-wearers sheeple.  And vice versa.

aaa.thumb.jpg.6f67887c681dc50675738c174adefcc3.jpg

I don't wear a mask to protect me, I wear it to protect others. It's the same reason I will finally receive my first mRNA shot next week (Canada is slow, eh).

I'm a late 30s Caucasian male with no health history. I'm basically immune (as my friends who already received their shot like to tease). However, my wife is a minority and has some health issues. There is no data whether these underlying issues could make Covid worse or not. My parents are older, and dad is a heavy smoker so he'll die from Covid pretty fast (probably cheaper long term) and they are definitely more likely to have severe problems.

This is why people wear masks and get vaccinated, to protect those that CAN'T necessarily protect themselves and may suffer worse. I don't need to be vaccinated for me, I'll almost certainly manage just fine if I get Covid, although I can't say the same for the people I interact with.

Even after getting a shot, I'm still wearing a mask in crowded areas, and there's no chance my province will remove the indoor mask restriction soon.

We know people who have been hospitalized on oxygen and one who died.

Wear a mask people. Be selfish on your time, in your own castle.

Yay LEGO!

9 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if there is a bad variant (anywhere in the world) it is just a matter of WHEN not IF

Not true. 

A bad(more lethal) variant is less likely to spread "anywhere in the world." Especially after most of the world has already been exposed to a previous version and built some level of immunity.  

A virus which kills its host, or displays severe symptoms too quickly will be less successful variant. A more contagious, less lethal variant is more suited for global spreading. As more and more people get vaccinated and more people recover from the virus the chance of a more dangerous variant becoming successful worldwide steadily decreases. 

India is literally the ideal spot for a lethal strain to survive. High population. High Density. Poor sanitation. 

8 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I don't wear a mask to protect me, I wear it to protect others. It's the same reason I will finally receive my first mRNA shot next week (Canada is slow, eh).

I'm a late 30s Caucasian male with no health history. I'm basically immune (as my friends who already received their shot like to tease). However, my wife is a minority and has some health issues. There is no data whether these underlying issues could make Covid worse or not. My parents are older, and dad is a heavy smoker so he'll die from Covid pretty fast (probably cheaper long term) and they are definitely more likely to have severe problems.

This is why people wear masks and get vaccinated, to protect those that CAN'T necessarily protect themselves and may suffer worse. I don't need to be vaccinated for me, I'll almost certainly manage just fine if I get Covid, although I can't say the same for the people I interact with.

Even after getting a shot, I'm still wearing a mask in crowded areas, and there's no chance my province will remove the indoor mask restriction soon.

We know people who have been hospitalized on oxygen and one who died.

Wear a mask people. Be selfish on your time, in your own castle.

Yay LEGO!

we are well past these rational arguments..what do you say to folks who still don't believe Covid is real or it's a tool used to manipulate people.

Plenty of 4XLs out there who think sellers intentionally send the wrong size

5 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Not true. 

A bad(more lethal) variant is less likely to spread "anywhere in the world." Especially after most of the world has already been exposed to a previous version and built some level of immunity.  

A virus which kills its host, or displays severe symptoms too quickly will be less successful variant. A more contagious, less lethal variant is more suited for global spreading. As more and more people get vaccinated and more people recover from the virus the chance of a more dangerous variant becoming successful worldwide steadily decreases. 

India is literally the ideal spot for a lethal strain to survive. High population. High Density. Poor sanitation. 

I understand  but "less likely" doesn't mean "will not happen"...I think we are saying the same thing about India; it's the perfect storm and if a variant that beats the vaccines emerges there...the world gets to go through Covid-20...

I think at this point, people are arguing against it, just to argue. The governments haven't been great at communicating during the pandemic or being aggressive in dealing with it early, but that's in the past.

I do understand some of the legitimate frustration of anti-mask people, but I would love to send my son to daycare with a peanut butter sandwich, and I can't do that either. I have to consider the greater good.

Yay LEGO!

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I understand  but "less likely" doesn't mean "will not happen"

Yes I know, which is why I used the phrase "less likely."

I never implied an absolute. You did. 

30 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if there is a bad variant (anywhere in the world) it is just a matter of WHEN not IF

Here is your quote where you speak in absolutes. 

I'm not trying to be combative but you are just speculating. I'm attempting to explain what conventional virology would predict as a likely outcome. 

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Covid-20...

Not to beat a dead horse. But it would be considered Covid 21.

• Like 1