Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

9 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I have to help interview candidates tomorrow and the only question I asked the person I'm helping out was if I could still wear a t-shirt.

I've had a couple interviews this year where none of us were on camera and the interviewee turns their camera on. I had to mention you don't want to see me in a sweatshirt tucked away in my basement.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've had a couple interviews this year where none of us were on camera and the interviewee turns their camera on. I had to mention you don't want to see me in a sweatshirt tucked away in my basement.

Ah so this IS you then!

Conoce la nueva figura de "Dennis Nedry", el icónico ...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Ah so this IS you then!

Conoce la nueva figura de "Dennis Nedry", el icónico ...

How do you think I was able to crunch the numbers for the bottle deposit trifecta?

9999 bottle and cans in the trunk, 9999 bottles and cans. At 10 cents a bottle and 10 cents a can, we're pulling in $500 a man. 9998 bottle and cans in the trunk, 9998 bottles and cans. We fill up with gas, we count up our cash!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

https://www.engadget.com/amazon-alabama-union-vote-154741754.html

so now EVERY vote/ballot is getting contested.  Thanks Trump

What I find ironic is the Democrat fury over Republicans finally doing for the first time what Democrats have been doing for decades.  The Democrats have tried to overturn / stop the certification of every Republican presidential election since Bush Jr and including Trump's election.  If anything, Trump just directed people to do what Democrats have been doing for decades.  I'm not saying it is right, just making an observation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/opinion/democrat-republican-electoral-votes.html

re: Amazon, while good for them, this won't be the last attempt to unionize an Amazon location.  If the 60-40 margin is true, that is a pretty big margin.  It is funny that they wouldn't permit mail-in votes citing possible fraud.  lol  If one location does go union, they rest will follow.  Then employee costs will go up (not necessarily what the employee makes because then the employee will have a mandatory union dues unless they're in a right to work state (which AL is), but the Fed. Gov't is trying to do away right to work laws all over the USA).  Between the union and the tax benefits Amazon has been getting coming to an end, Amazon will be changing in the next 5-10 years.

On a side note; if a company was treating their employees well, there would never be any talk about unions.  If Amazon was smart they would give a boost to every employee to keep this from happening again.  If they don't the union will be inevitable. 

2 hours ago, KvHulk said:

Last episode of Shameless. Don't know who watches or not. I won't spoil. But what a bummer.

Ethan Cutkosky lived around 4 houses from me when I was growing up. He's 9 years younger than me, so I don't remember actually meeting the family or anything.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/fuel-moisture-content-California-wildfire-16087019.php

Last year was a record for Wildfires here on West Coast; specifically SF Bay Area for me...basically we never got to enjoy nice weather as the smoke and power outages made SIP "Oh that much better"

So this year foliage testing is showing to be worse than last year in terms of "dryness".

I vote for a fleet of fire suppressing drones that can be deployed in minutes to cover entire west coast.  

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/fuel-moisture-content-California-wildfire-16087019.php

Last year was a record for Wildfires here on West Coast; specifically SF Bay Area for me...basically we never got to enjoy nice weather as the smoke and power outages made SIP "Oh that much better"

So this year foliage testing is showing to be worse than last year in terms of "dryness".

I vote for a fleet of fire suppressing drones that can be deployed in minutes to cover entire west coast.  

Here is a simpler solution: ban gender reveal parties in CA :P

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/914368098/a-firefighter-is-killed-in-california-wildfire-sparked-by-gender-reveal-party

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am not interested in delving into the discussions of why/what/how/etc.  I just hope BP members in Minneapolis area are staying safe.  

yeah - - especially the 20 yo darker skinned males driving with scent refreshers hanging from their rearview mirrors.  you see stuff like this happening on a daily basis and you reflect that usa has zero moral authority any more on topics related to human rights or no one takes it seriously.  all thanks to cell phone cameras and body cameras.  how can us criticize chinese treatment of uighurs when this is how american citizens are routinely treated by their government force?  

Edited by cladner
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cladner said:

yeah - - especially the 20 yo darker skinned males driving with scent refreshers hanging from their rearview mirrors.  you see stuff like this happening on a daily basis and you reflect that usa has zero moral authority any more on topics related to human rights.  all thanks to cell phone cameras and body cameras.  how can us criticize chinese treatment of uighurs when this is how american citizens are routinely treated by their government force?

Yeah, compare concentration camps to ghettos. Same thing...