Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

36ca2c9a4f06b2289ae5e9021a697f57.gif

We don’t talk about what my son and I spend on FortNite monthly.

I’m horrible at it but it’s still a blast to play with him. Plus I’m caught up in the narrative.

anything parents can do to promote an environment that both child and parent genuinely enjoy...without either side feeling "burdened to do it"...is absolutely critical for any family. 

The divide between the kids and parents is biologically and socially started in pre-teens...anything that can help relate will be useful or maybe crucial down the road...

• Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, redghostx said:

I decided that I can't play current games anymore. I'll stick with what I know and get off my lawn.

You may have seen my post with the corner arcade I'm putting together. It's been awesome playing my old school favorites with the kiddos and they suck at it. It makes it hurt less when they crush me at anything post 2015. I'm sure it's just days until they set the high score but until that day comes I'm untouchable! Also as redghostx stated, "get off the lawn".

• Like 2

Kids these days...

I have tried to get my two kiddos to try playing something other than Minecraft or Slime Rancher.  I have played Minecraft with them, but I've had to put self-imposed limits on myself and have stopped playing never-ending games.  The hours I wasted on Farmville, HayDay, and Minecraft...

My 10-year-old daughter can't play Tetris -- she says it "stresses her out".

My 5-year-old son has taken a liking to Solitaire.  Although on the phone, of course, since he can't physically deal with dealing it out yet.  He plays HayDay with my 71-year-old mother who lives 2000 miles away (she had also been talked into playing Minecraft and Slime Rancher as well).

My daughter will play Command and Conquer Red Alert.  I'm hoping one of these days she'll have the patience to play Age of Empires.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Kids these days...

I have tried to get my two kiddos to try playing something other than Minecraft or Slime Rancher.  I have played Minecraft with them, but I've had to put self-imposed limits on myself and have stopped playing never-ending games.  The hours I wasted on Farmville, HayDay, and Minecraft...

My 10-year-old daughter can't play Tetris -- she says it "stresses her out".

My 5-year-old son has taken a liking to Solitaire.  Although on the phone, of course, since he can't physically deal with dealing it out yet.  He plays HayDay with my 71-year-old mother who lives 2000 miles away (she had also been talked into playing Minecraft and Slime Rancher as well).

My daughter will play Command and Conquer Red Alert.  I'm hoping one of these days she'll have the patience to play Age of Empires.

Things are too easily accessible nowadays, I told my son I had only a certain time frame to watch when I was a kid. And could only rewatch stuff I recorded on VHS. Also with streaming music, I wonder how many people actually listen to a full album these days...

6 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Kids these days...

You can add Terraria to that list.  

4 hours ago, coelian said:

I wonder how many people actually listen to a full album these days...

The album died shortly after the mp3 format came out and its a true loss.  people love to complain about kids wasting time playing games or whatever, but I can't tell you how many hours I spent listening to Master of Puppets, Wish You were Here, Who's Next, and so many other albums in their entirety over and over again.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

The album died shortly after the mp3 format came out and its a true loss.  people love to complain about kids wasting time playing games or whatever, but I can't tell you how many hours I spent listening to Master of Puppets, Wish You were Here, Who's Next, and so many other albums in their entirety over and over again.

I still listen to entire albums, but I know I'm an anomaly.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Pink Floyd Animals is one of my all time favorites. I'd fall asleep/passout to it most nights in my early 20's. 

Oh ya. Then you watch Babe with your kids and yell, “you all better show those sheep some f-in’ respect if you know what’s best for ya!”

I can’t get through a long road trip without The Wall and The Final Cut on my playlist. 

My complaint is that after Waters left, Momentary Lapse of Reason was the only thing Pink Floyd made that I care to listen to.  Nick and David spent their time racing cars and stopped making anything good.

• Haha 2

Depressing to see how much better some shall not be named communist counties citizens are at economic patriotism. Democracies everywhere are really going to need to up their game, starting with every free citizen realizing how much influence they have by way of their purchasing habits. Some might say it’s an average individuals only clout or voice.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:04 AM, Alpinemaps said:

36ca2c9a4f06b2289ae5e9021a697f57.gif

We don’t talk about what my son and I spend on FortNite monthly.

I’m horrible at it but it’s still a blast to play with him. Plus I’m caught up in the narrative.

The other day was very expensive for me.  New Fortnite Battlepass....Cha-Ching.  New Red Dead Battlepass....Cha-Ching.  New GTA V whatever....Cha-ching.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, coelian said:

Few weeks ago I decided to put my small stash of Finch Dallow minifigs in a secure place, it's so secure I could not find it last night. 1k worth of minifigs 'lost', I was sobbing in bed last night... 😪

Maybe it will show up in a few years and be worth even more. 🤑🤑

Found them! Woot. 

16164140507766017007321559062664.jpg

• Like 6