Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Bought a bulk lot locally for $50 because I happened to notice this sitting on the top in the photo. Unfortunately, there were no other pieces to this figure or even any other pieces to 7163 as far as I can tell. Bummer, but there is enough other stuff in it that I should be able to make a small profit. Can't win them all I guess. 80addacad3086cf9674e3f2b34b4eba2.jpg

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Bought a bulk lot locally for $50 because I happened to notice this sitting on the top in the photo. Unfortunately, there were no other pieces to this figure or even any other pieces to 7163 as far as I can tell. Bummer, but there is enough other stuff in it that I should be able to make a small profit. Can't win them all I guess.

Didn't see the photo, but sometimes sellers will stage it (too good to be true), but other times there is some hidden treasure underneath it all.

Didn't see the photo, but sometimes sellers will stage it (too good to be true), but other times there is some hidden treasure underneath it all.
Hmmm, not sure why the photo didn't show, but it was a metallic blue Super Droid torso. Of course the torsos sell for $1 each while the legs are $20 and the arms $40.

6 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
9 minutes ago, KShine said:

Hmmm, not sure why the photo didn't show, but it was a metallic blue Super Droid torso. Of course the torsos sell for $1 each while the legs are $20 and the arms $40.

No, I meant the listing photo (I see the one you posted)

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Based on the quality of music, no.  Based on how much time has passed, yes. :D

Ultimate : I'm getting too old song: A Pirate Looks at 40 (Jimmy Buffet or better yet the version w/ Uncle Cracker). Love the lyrics:

"Yes, I am a Pirate 200 years too late

Cannons don't thunder there's nothin to plunder

I'm an over forty victim of fate

Arriving too late, arriving too late"

https://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jimmy+buffett/a+pirate+looks+at+40_20298106.html

I always hum this song when building pirate sets

[OK...that's not 100% true..all my pirate sets are still in my backlog...I PICTURE myself humming this song when I build the Black Pearl, Silent Mary, and Queen Ann...God willing]

Off the pirate topic, but sort of in line with the "I'm getting old" vibe….anybody use the Netgear Orbi RBR20 wifi mesh system? We bought this about 2 years ago, and it worked fairly well (occasional reboots and some dead zones in our house). But the recent firmware update v2.6.2.104 has totally jacked things up. Orbi now crashes out at least 2-3x a day, requiring a modem/router reboot, then takes about 10-15 min to completely come back online. This is awesome for kids trying to learn virtually, hubby trying to work virtually, and me trying to keep sane (or heaven forbid, place an online order.) And customer service is behind a paywall…a great marketing strategy that keeps your customers super satisfied 🤨. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it. If not, please give me a recommendation for a new system, because I'm about ready to Office Space this one. 

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Off the pirate topic, but sort of in line with the "I'm getting old" vibe….anybody use the Netgear Orbi RBR20 wifi mesh system? We bought this about 2 years ago, and it worked fairly well (occasional reboots and some dead zones in our house). But the recent firmware update v2.6.2.104 has totally jacked things up. Orbi now crashes out at least 2-3x a day, requiring a modem/router reboot, then takes about 10-15 min to completely come back online. This is awesome for kids trying to learn virtually, hubby trying to work virtually, and me trying to keep sane (or heaven forbid, place an online order.) And customer service is behind a paywall…a great marketing strategy that keeps your customers super satisfied 🤨. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it. If not, please give me a recommendation for a new system, because I'm about ready to Office Space this one. 

giphy.gif

I am not familiar with Orbi (I have TP-Link Deco), but have you tried disconnecting and rebooting routers and the mesh when all PCs/phones/TV are off ?

As far as recommendation, here is 1 of our tangent discussions (on mesh) back in October. 

Incidentally, Costco has a coupon starting today that brings the Nighthawk to $200

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Sorry to hear. I have a refurbished RBK50 that has worked flawlessly for over a year now. I haven't upgraded the firmware in about 3-4 months but it's been very reliable and consistently delivers high speeds.

Can you rollback/reset the firmware?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am not familiar with Orbi (I have TP-Link Deco), but have you tried disconnecting and rebooting routers and the mesh when all PCs/phones/TV are off ?

My Orbi just shat itself again (3rd time today), and I have rebooted it in so many different configurations (everything off, everything on, half and half, and just about every other combination I can think of), it makes my head spin.  I had already done some replacement research, and literally just ordered a TP-Link Deco M9 system…picking it up on Friday and dumping Orbi in the trash. Sorry Netgear, you lost me at the customer service paywall.

12 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Sorry to hear. I have a refurbished RBK50 that has worked flawlessly for over a year now. I haven't upgraded the firmware in about 3-4 months but it's been very reliable and consistently delivers high speeds.

Can you rollback/reset the firmware?

Tried the rollback, but was unsuccessful…I'm not terribly tech savvy, so I'm sure I missed a step somewhere. I would avoid the new firmware at all costs…I've seen owners of just about every RBR and RBK model bitching about this issue on the Netgear boards (and nobody has come up with a workable solution.) Seems as though Netgear dropped the ball on this big time, and doesn't plan to fix it any time soon (firmware in question has been out since late Jan '21).

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

My Orbi just shat itself again (3rd time today), and I have rebooted it in so many different configurations (everything off, everything on, half and half, and just about every other combination I can think of), it makes my head spin.  I had already done some replacement research, and literally just ordered a TP-Link Deco M9 system…picking it up on Friday and dumping Orbi in the trash. Sorry Netgear, you lost me at the customer service paywall.

Tried the rollback, but was unsuccessful…I'm not terribly tech savvy, so I'm sure I missed a step somewhere. I would avoid the new firmware at all costs…I've seen owners of just about every RBR and RBK model bitching about this issue on the Netgear boards (and nobody has come up with a workable solution.) Seems as though Netgear dropped the ball on this big time, and doesn't plan to fix it any time soon (firmware in question has been out since late Jan '21).

Sorry to hear about your frustration and issues ... appreciate the tip on the firmware ... will hold the line.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help. My frustration tolerance is close to zero lately. Tested + for COVID about a month ago, and just don’t have the physical or mental energy to deal with BS of late. And I can’t taste or smell anything, which REALLY sucks. So I’m just a bundle of sunshine and roses these days 😏

P.S. I should add I’m grateful that I had a mild case...I’m painfully aware that many others haven’t been as fortunate. If some fatigue and smell issues are the worst of it, I’m good. Just give me decent WiFi!

Edited by Lego Lass
  • Sad 8

6 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Thanks for your help. My frustration tolerance is close to zero lately. Tested + for COVID about a month ago, and just don’t have the physical or mental energy to deal with BS of late. And I can’t taste or smell anything, which REALLY sucks. So I’m just a bundle of sunshine and roses these days 😏

Sorry to hear. :( Hope you are getting better. We also have the Deco for about the past year. It’s been great so far.

• Like 1

Just now, exciter1 said:

Sorry to hear. :( Hope you are getting better. We also have the Deco for about the past year. It’s been great so far.

Feeling much better, thanks. First week or so was a little scary....shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, sleeping about 15 hours a day.  Appetite’s been in the dumper, so I’ve lost some weight too (which is not a terrible side effect). Would love to get my taste and smell back soon...

And hoping the TP link Deco solves my WiFi issues!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

Feeling much better, thanks. First week or so was a little scary....shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, sleeping about 15 hours a day.  Appetite’s been in the dumper, so I’ve lost some weight too (which is not a terrible side effect). Would love to get my taste and smell back soon...

And hoping the TP link Deco solves my WiFi issues!

I skipped a few messages and was very concerned for a moment that your WiFi withdrawal caused some serious issues for you.

• Haha 2

New complaint: I went out shopping last night, found a couple half price Ninjago Skull Sorceror's Dragon at Walmart, but then got a flat tire as I was leaving, this is on the Ford C-Max we just got in January. I pulled into a parking lot to check and sure enough the sidewall was already shot, so knowing I needed to replace it anyways, I drove it back a block or so to an auto parts store parking lot (now it's even more shot). Of course since it's a plug-in hybrid it has no spare, maybe I should buy one to leave in the garage.It was crazy windy and tire shops are all closed, so I figured I'd just take care of it this morning. My wife loaded our kid into the car and came to get me and now I've got to take care of that... blah.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

New complaint: I went out shopping last night, found a couple half price Ninjago Skull Sorceror's Dragon at Walmart, but then got a flat tire as I was leaving, this is on the Ford C-Max we just got in January. I pulled into a parking lot to check and sure enough the sidewall was already shot, so knowing I needed to replace it anyways, I drove it back a block or so to an auto parts store parking lot (now it's even more shot). Of course since it's a plug-in hybrid it has no spare, maybe I should buy one to leave in the garage.It was crazy windy and tire shops are all closed, so I figured I'd just take care of it this morning. My wife loaded our kid into the car and came to get me and now I've got to take care of that... blah.

pita for sure, but overall not too bad way to learn about the bad tires...not life threatening, not middle of nowhere

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

pita for sure, but overall not too bad way to learn about the bad tires...not life threatening, not middle of nowhere

Depending on where that Walmart was, he could be in the middle of nowhere :D

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

Of course since it's a plug-in hybrid it has no spare, maybe I should buy one to leave in the garage.

I plead ignorance, does the car have a place to put a spare?  I'd feel better with a spare in my car than in my garage. 

38 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Depending on where that Walmart was, he could be in the middle of nowhere :D

I plead ignorance, does the car have a place to put a spare?  I'd feel better with a spare in my car than in my garage. 

Nah, well in the midst of civilization, but this Wally sadly doesn't have a tire shop.

The regular hybrid battery takes the space a spare might be and the extra plugin battery takes any space that would make a reasonable place to put a spare. At least I made sure the Pacifica I bought has an inflatable spare instead of a friggin vacuum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Nah, well in the midst of civilization, but this Wally sadly doesn't have a tire shop.

The regular hybrid battery takes the space a spare might be and the extra plugin battery takes any space that would make a reasonable place to put a spare. At least I made sure the Pacifica I bought has an inflatable spare instead of a friggin vacuum.

my wife would have made me get the vacuum

• Haha 1

Had my Blacksmith delivered today in the midst of a monsoon. Instead of placing the box under the porch at the front door, they used the one by the garage that isn't covered. Thankfully only slight water damage to the Blacksmith shop, but they GWP was soaked.

Thanks Fedex.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, keymomachine said:

LEGO is the largest manufacturer of tires...

Just need to think out of the new and sealed box. 

• Haha 1