Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

27 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

i am just focusing on the logistical issues involved.  Just in terms of locker rooms and showers/bathrooms...most programs cannot afford to make the necessary infrastructure changes and will end up restricting access to the many to accommodate the few...and thus alienating the transgender athlete even more...thus causing an unfair emotional trauma.

Which one is the many and which one is the few again?  How about the black/hispanic/asian female athletes who depend on athletic scholarships to go to college? Surely the competition to get those scholarships will be much fiercer with additional group of athletes added to the mix.  Thus the emotional trauma etc

• Like 2

Considering the dollars involved, that's not gonna happen. The opposite might. And would be allowed under NBA rules. You don't have to be male to play in the NBA. Of course, that's extremely unlikely to happen (except as a marketing ploy).
I don't know about the case in question but at the Olympic level, the transgender athletes have to adhere to strict testosterone testing. Google "Semenya". I imagine the same would apply to US college sports. Real life is more complicated than either side in these culture wars makes it out to be.
You're right, no potential NBA star would do that due to loss of potential income.

So I amend my statement to the next bottom rung NBA bench warmer who wants to be famous.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, MarleyMoose said:

Name one time in human history when the group fighting to ban books and censor speech were the good guys. I'll wait..

Stalin, Lenin, Putin, Hitler, just to name a few. Also, Mao Zedong, and Biden. Oh yeah they are the good guys! They say that they're the good guys and apparently lying isn't a thing

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

In defense of Mr Potato Head - Hasbro sent out a clarifying tweet saying they were only rebranding the overall line as “Potato Head.” The individual Mr and Mrs Potato Head characters will stay as part of the line. The products aren’t changing.

Outrageous! They need to be clear about these kind of things.  Think of those 3PS who already cleaned up all the Walmarts and had a garage full of Mr. Potato Heads :(

:drag:

3 hours ago, marcandre said:

It's just a few books. Time to cash in if you happen to own any. If I Ran The Zoo is going crazy on ebay. 

Finally I score. I have two copies each of If I ran the Zoo and Mulberry street. Got them at Kohls for each of my kids. Great condition too. 

Great books by the way.