Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

14 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Tried everything. The System Webview app isn't updating. Can't use my half my apps, including eBay...

Uninstalling Android System WebView updates worked for me, but there's updates in the Play Store for both that & Chrome now (dated 3/22) that are supposed to fix it. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Uninstalling Android System WebView updates worked for me, but there's updates in the Play Store for both that & Chrome now (dated 3/22) that are supposed to fix it. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview

Yeah, I tried updating but it's not working. Has the loading icon but nothing happens. Samsung told me it's because everybody is downloading at once. 

Uninstall you say? I'll try... thanks.

Edit: Thank you sir, it worked. Why doesn't Samsung just tell me that? Smh...

Edited by elmaslıefendi
  • Like 1

Yeah, I tried updating but it's not working. Has the loading icon but nothing happens. Samsung told me it's because everybody is downloading at once. 
Uninstall you say? I'll try... thanks.
Edit: Thank you sir, it worked. Why doesn't Samsung just tell me that? Smh...
Yeah, I uninstalled as well last night. I'll add the update later because there doesn't seem to be a rush.

Glad you got it sorted out :)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

obviously fake, unfunny, april fools jokes.

You mean like the one where you have a Space Rocket Ride and a Bunny House in your order screen, press "Complete Order", and get a confirmation showing no GWPs. That was one of the worst April 1st jokes in a while .... on the line with CS now.

• Sad 1

Canceling Coca Cola for caving to cancel culture....

some GOP congressmen seem really confused

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/546390-some-georgia-gop-legislators-want-coca-cola-products-removed-from

I like to think I hold more Republican values than Democrat...so it's these examples of idiocy that really make me wonder. 

• Like 1

After waiting an additional 4 days to finally see the Mets opener they are exactly the same team they've been the last several years.

Typical deGrom start.
Mets anemic offense cannot score. (deGrom had to knock in a run, fss).
Bullpen gags yet again. Allows 5 runs in the 8th.
Mets pretend to try and score in the 9th. Fall flat on their faces.

It's gonna be a long typical Mets season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

After waiting an additional 4 days to finally see the Mets opener they are exactly the same team they've been the last several years.

Typical deGrom start.

perfect summary but also: premature pulling of degrom. same old same old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Typical deGrom start.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

I saw this quote from twitter: "Jacob deGrom now has a 2.07 ERA since 2018 and the Mets are 36-41 in his starts."  2018-2020 ERA was 2.17 so the source is including this first game.  How is deGrom still with the Mets?  It has to be depressing to throw that good and still lose all those games.  

The article I read said his avg pitch speed was over 97 MPH.  His fastest was 102 MPH.  When I hear stats like that I think of another pitcher who started with the Mets: Nolan Ryan.  It is a shame the Mets don't have the mgr or the team Nolan Ryan was part of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

As far as I'm concerned they (All of MLB) have been prematurely pulling all starters for the last 10 years or so.
These guys can go 9 innings. They can throw 140+ pitchers per game. They can have 240+ inning years.

Instead they're coddling them and pulling them out earlier and earlier. I know it's early but no starter has thrown more than 86 pitches yet this season.

When was the last time you did something less and got better at it? Worked less and endured longer?

Last Mets gripe: Start Pillar over Dom Smith? That was a mistake. And one highlighted by that inning ending double play Pillar ground into.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I saw this quote from twitter: "Jacob deGrom now has a 2.07 ERA since 2018 and the Mets are 36-41 in his starts."  2018-2020 ERA was 2.17 so the source is including this first game.  How is deGrom still with the Mets?  It has to be depressing to throw that good and still lose all those games.  

The article I read said his avg pitch speed was over 97 MPH.  His fastest was 102 MPH.  When I hear stats like that I think of another pitcher who started with the Mets: Nolan Ryan.  It is a shame the Mets don't have the mgr or the team Nolan Ryan was part of.

Best starter in baseball. Period. Last night wasn't even a good deGrom start. That's what he does when he has an off game.
deGrom can opt out after this season. i expect him to. Can you believe he only has like 70 career wins? Pathetic.

It reminds me of the New York Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist was/is the best goaltender in all of the NHL for years. The Rangers could barely get themselves into the playoffs, let alone make a run for the cup. Now Lundqvist is retired and has never won a thing.

If you can't win with the best goaltender in hockey... Or best starter in baseball... It just isn't going to get better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

As far as I'm concerned they (All of MLB) have been prematurely pulling all starters for the last 10 years or so.
These guys can go 9 innings. They can throw 140+ pitchers per game. They can have 240+ inning years.

Instead they're coddling them and pulling them out earlier and earlier. I know it's early but no starter has thrown more than 86 pitches yet this season.

I totally agree.  These mgrs are running with formulas and not paying attention to the spirit of the game.  Nolan Ryan was 44 when he threw his last no hitter, which was a complete game.  I would love to see more of that.  I suspect the pitchers would too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

How is deGrom still with the Mets? 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-mets/jacob-degrom-15662/

5yr/137.5 mil contract with 137.5 guaranteed also included; a 10mil signing bonus, thats one hell of a consolation prize. Dude could go down for good with TommyJone surgery and not loose a dime. 

2021 base salary of $33.5 million, I dont think he cares about loosing since he is clearly already winning:money::D

Athletes that don't care about winning, or losing for that matter, have no place in competitive sports. Period. He's a millionaire. He's rich no matter what. We know.

That being said, deGrom most definitely cares about winning. Not only that but he cares about his legacy and the HOF, both of which are in jeopardy simply because he cannot get wins.

And that contract? One of a few that a player actually earned. (Also the same contract he can opt out of in a few months. and probably will. he can easily demand more $$$)

Fun Fact: deGrom was paid 7mil and 7.4mil respectively for both his (2018/2019) Cy Young seasons. A bargain.

Edited by KvHulk
  • Like 2