Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Long story short.

I mailed out a Lego set bought on EBay on Dec 11th. It never arrived for Christmas. Lady asked for a refund through EBay. I eventually sent a refund after I paid USPS $15 for a package intercept on the 6th of January. They are supposed to send it back to me. I just got an email saying the package has been delivered at the original address. WTF. 

35 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Long story short.

I mailed out a Lego set bought on EBay on Dec 11th. It never arrived for Christmas. Lady asked for a refund through EBay. I eventually sent a refund after I paid USPS $15 for a package intercept on the 6th of January. They are supposed to send it back to me. I just got an email saying the package has been delivered at the original address. WTF. 

Package intercepts often don't work and I know it sucks. Try and contact the buyer and work with them if you can. I opened a missing mail refund request with USPS over an package that I mailed on 12/11 on 1/15 and they approved the refund . . . then the package was delivered on 11/17. It's a huge mess. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Package intercepts often don't work and I know it sucks. Try and contact the buyer and work with them if you can. I opened a missing mail refund request with USPS over an package that I mailed on 12/11 on 1/15 and they approved the refund . . . then the package was delivered on 11/17. It's a huge mess. 

The bummer is I got an email saying the package was "intercepted, weighed and rated." And "Your package will be delivered as instructed." This action resulted in a change of the tracking number. But still they delivered it. My wife who is a USPS clerk is dumbfounded.

• Sad 1

Speaking of refrigerators...We just went with KitchenAid.  Seems like a solid choice so far. We loved the Samsung and LGs, but sales rep said that parts are next to impossible to get and repair service is difficult to come by. Our old GE Profiles were great, the newer GE Profiles we just replaced sucked.  

5 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Long story short.

similar thing happened to about 4 of my packages... there was no update to USPS tracking since early december so I refunded amazon customer and it arrived during  the first 2 weeks of January.  I sent emails to the customer reminding them to send it back but I don't think they will or able to since I refunded them already.

36 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Speaking of refrigerators...We just went with KitchenAid.  Seems like a solid choice so far. We loved the Samsung and LGs, but sales rep said that parts are next to impossible to get and repair service is difficult to come by. Our old GE Profiles were great, the newer GE Profiles we just replaced sucked.  

felt ripped off after ge profile died after 5 years. LG still working after at least double that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

We have a kitchenaid in our new house - its nice but noisy. Bought it at Costco though so 5yr warranty.

14 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Fixed for you :)

costco has been giving me more grief on returns lately...I think their easy going return policy days are coming to an end.  They do still allow fringe returns but they give me a stink eye...once in a while they call a manager to overide...manager comes over, see that my account typically spending close 6 figures a year and gives the "OK, just this time"

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Yeah, parts are stupid expensive.  We had a little plastic piece break on our Samsung Fridge and a new drawer bottom plate was $70!  Just for the 11"x7" plastic mounting plate

2 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Bottom line with appliances....they are designed to be replaced every 5 years.

Bought a new house six years back. Came with a Frigidaire dish washer. During the one year warranty that came with the house the thing broke 3 times. All the circuit board. Two months after my warranty expired it broke again. Ended up buying a whirlpool. Five years going strong.

I hope your math is off...

Most major appliances are made like ****, regardless of brand. Disposable. Just like Ed said.

The more features something has, the more parts. The more parts, the better likelihood something will fail.

I buy cheap, spend as little as possible and go in with the mindset "Im paying for 5 years of use", and get the most basic functions. For Fridges, It needs to make ice and keep things cold/frozen. Nothing more. I'll pay $700 to $900/installed/delivered.

My most recent Fridge, 2 years old, is a 23 cu.ft. 2 door Frigidaire purchased for $879.97. It's already been repaired 3 times. I hate it.

Prior to that we had 22.6 cu. ft. samsungs. 2 door. Same thing. Hated them. Repaired the ice maker several times. Water dispenser. Anything on the door sucks.

Next time I'm getting styrofoam coolers and dry ice and calling it a day...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I read recently there is going to be new legislation in EU that stipulates that electronics should be easily reparable. Hope that law get passed, will be much better for the enviroment On the other hand, I have an old plasma LG TV that refuses to die after 10 years that is preventing me from getting a new one.

27 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I still have my Kenmore washer/dryer from just out of college.  Scared to get rid of them since everything sucks nowadays.  Our kitchen set is GE Profile and have had zero issues so far, think we've had them around 5 years now. Fridge is your basic french door/bottom freezer with no water dispenser since we knew we wouldn't use it.  Like others have said, the less moving parts, the better.  

Hmmm, our Kitchenaid lasted us about 13 years.  The ice maker broke right after warranty and was not worth fixing.  We replaced it with another kitchenaid that was a little bigger and thought it would be nice to have ice.  No issues with either one except for the ice maker in the first one.  Cheap Kenmore in the garage has been chugging along the whole time.

I bought 5x of a Lego set from Amazon.  They shipped them in 1 box and all 5 were damaged.  I started a return they say to put 4 in 1 box and 1 in another with both shipments are going to the same FC.  A SPLIT SHIPMENT on a RETURN to the SAME FC?!?! C'mon man!

(credit to ESPN, not to any former or current government employees who appropriated the phrase from ESPN)

Edited by FM
  • Like 1

So ok, I sell something, and someone wants a return, ok, so you hold my funds until it is resolved, ok.

But it is returned, and I refund the buyer, so you take my money from my available funds, and yet you still continue to hold my held funds??? Not at all ok.

When you hold the funds, you are holding them (in theory) to pay back the buyer, so why are you holding them now (now that the buyer has been paid)?

Edited by KShine

So ok, I sell something, and someone wants a return, ok, so you hold my funds until it is resolved, ok.
But it is returned, and I refund the buyer, so you take my money from my available funds, and yet you still continue to hold my held funds??? Not at all ok.
When you hold the funds, you are holding them (in theory) to pay back the buyer, so why are you holding them now (now that the buyer has been paid)?

PayPal or managed payments?