Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

16 hours ago, Mathew said:

Discussion too deep for Hulk. Hulk must crush all discussion.   Aaarrrgghhh!

You guys that are losing power constantly live out on the west coast by chance?

As deep as a puddle.

And my guess would've been Long Island as far as power outages. They're always crying about... trees.

Edited by KvHulk

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I started getting online in 1982, when I was 10 years old.  A 300-baud modem and a Commodore 64, and local message boards. There are still people in my local area that I know from that time.  I'm in IT, including a field that's somewhat security based, so I'm always on top of security risks, mindful of issues related to being online.

Man. This brings me back. 300 baud vic modems. fast load cartridges, ccgms dialers. getting disconnected when anyone called if you had call waiting.

+++
no carrier

• Like 2

SO tomorrow is supposed to be Doomsday...truth comes out, President Trump takes permanent power, blackout of conventional communications..
I just hope it doesn't get in the way of my Fridge delivery...been waiting on that bad boy since Black Friday

What fridge did you get? I need a new one but there’s so many choices...

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Your question wasn't directed at me, but I needed to chime in here. We bought a house three years ago and decided to splurge on a nice fridge. We picked up a Samsung similar to this one here at Best Buy for $2500.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-25-cu-ft-large-capacity-4-door-french-door-refrigerator-with-external-water-ice-dispenser-fingerprint-resistant-stainless-steel/6424295.p?skuId=6424295

The fridge is nice and is aesthetically pleasing. We like the double doors and pull-out drawer for the fridge sections (very useful), but the ice maker is CRAP!! Whoever designed it should die a slow horrible death.

Since the ice maker is located inside the fridge section, it frosts up and jams every 3 weeks! I have to defrost and scrape off the ice build-up each time to get it to work again. There are a lot of complaints about this online, where people have gotten replacement ice maker parts, but it doesn't solve the core issue. Since the ice maker sits in the fridge section, the higher temperatures of the fridge area will cause the ice to melt and ice up on certain internal parts of the ice maker causing it to jam. Stay away if you see this design!

Samsung 1.jpg

Samsung 2.jpg

We also bought a Samsung 4 door with the touch screen blah blah blah....all I can say is search up Samsung ice makers and the class action lawsuit....draw your own conclusions....
I essentially have a $3500 cell phone in my kitchen that doesn't make calls, produces ice sometimes, and keeps food cold (it's good at keeping food cold)....not one of my more proud purchases....
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

We also bought a Samsung 4 door with the touch screen blah blah blah....all I can say is search up Samsung ice makers and the class action lawsuit....draw your own conclusions....
I essentially have a $3500 cell phone in my kitchen that doesn't make calls, produces ice sometimes, and keeps food cold (it's good at keeping food cold)....not one of my more proud purchases....

We have the same fridge, they did replace the circuit board and it works much better. My biggest complaint is the ice crusher is in the ice bucket.  The plastic design next to the steel teeth for the ice crusher isn't strong enough to handle tough ice over time. We've had plastic pieces start to break off and end up in the dispensed ice. We are on our 3rd ice bucket in less than 2 years.

• Sad 1

Well, already you guys are helping a lot.

Ice is mandatory in my house, all year long. And lots of it. My nearly 20 year old Kenmore ice maker broke about a year ago, and I’m too lazy/cheap to fix it, so it’s constant ice cube trays for me.

I’m now real leery of the ice maker in the fridge. Good to know.

My wife is tiny (under 5’) and we’re liking the idea of the freezer on the bottom. Not a big deal to have the fridge shelves be the highest point (I’ll keep my fridge food up there).

We like the French door and single pull out.
What’s annoying is how hard it is to find anything in white. Everything is stainless now, which doesn’t match our kitchen or our preference for white. But oh well.

Keeping going with the fridge complaints. It’s helpful.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Ice is mandatory in my house, all year long. And lots of it. My nearly 20 year old Kenmore ice maker broke about a year ago, and I’m too lazy/cheap to fix it, so it’s constant ice cube trays for me.

My wife is tiny (under 5’) and we’re liking the idea of the freezer on the bottom. Not a big deal to have the fridge shelves be the highest point (I’ll keep my fridge food up there).

What’s annoying is how hard it is to find anything in white. Everything is stainless now, which doesn’t match our kitchen or our preference for white. But oh well.

Just to add: when I went shopping for a new fridge, the requirement was that the ice must sit in the freezer and not in the fridge. Sending frozen stuff through the fridge is just asking for trouble. That meant either a side-by-side or a french door model without water/ice-dispenser in the door. We went with the bottom freezer because the water dispenser is not that important in our house (it does have an internal water dispenser and an ice maker in the drawer).

If you go with GE and don't want stainless, take a look at the "slate" option. Works well with some kitchen cabinets but I don't think it's super popular. We got it because it was 1k off the GE list price. If you are not in a rush, you may want to try Greentoe. Took three months to get the fridge but I saved 1k (at the expense of 8-10 defrosts over those 3 months).

3 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Somewhere in this LEGO isle there is supposedly an Ultimate Quinjet for $7.  I gave up looking after 20 minutes. 

I found several other great sets, all at MSRP...  *facepalm*  Really disliking Walmart and their stock tracker right now.539125269_WorstLEGOIsleever.thumb.jpg.c4b5ad1446ef50db58a664bbf8750de8.jpg

Playmobil Mystery Machine is worth checking out. 

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Electronics-30-in-W-21-8-cu-ft-French-Door-Refrigerator-in-Stainless-Steel-LFCS22520S/206452443

We went with an LG French Door. We've had similar w/ no issues for past 10+ years.

Our constraint was space as it needs to fit into a fridge nook, so a smaller overall size (width) but deeper than standard counter depth.

It was about $400 saving for BF than the price listed on the link.  There were some great BF deals but our limited width eliminated most of them...fridge options-wise went from 5 pages to just 4 fridges once I put in the width.

From what I read, ice in the bottom freezer drawer is generally hassle-free except for household that do not use ice much (obv not you guys); then it becomes one solid chunk of ice over time. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why.  

We had white up till now.  It's usually a few benjamins cheaper than its more popular counter part. Reason ours was white cuz Martha ain't touring our house anytime soon.

Altho there's only 3 of us, we max out our fridge regularly...typically there's like zero space in the freezer and our fridge is at 95%...we hoard food like LEGO (j/k)

it's because we are a "Costco household" and have fruit trees..so extra gallon of milk and juice and stack of egg cartons....plus two seasons worth of fruit at any given time.

My family and I had a Samsung side by side refrigerator/freezer with the water/ice dispenser on the outside freezer door.  After multiple service calls over a 2–3-year period (we purchased the warranty plan), we were given a complete refund and bought a Whirlpool refrigerator with a bottom freezer (the ice is made inside in the freezer and we manually retrieve it).  The water dispenser is inside the refrigerator.

We have been incredibly happy with Whirlpool and when shopping for a new one, upon telling the salesman at Home Depot we were replacing a Samsung, he smiled and told use Samsung makes good cell phones!

One of my cousins successfully fought Samsung, got a full refund, and bought a Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer too.  My recommendation is to not get an external water/ice dispenser.

IMO, side by side is where it's at.  You can still get ice and water in the door without too much hassle. 

I've never shopped for Samsung or LG parts, but Whirlpool and GE parts are relatively easy to get, they can be cheap too if you want Chinese knockoffs from eBay.  So I try to buy the American brands since I've had good luck being able to keep limping them along.

Also try to clean the coils once in a while, should help them last a little bit longer, although everything seems so cheaply made anymore.

We went the fancy route and bought a jenn air side by side counter depth  It keeps things cold but impossible to fix  ice maker broke and they told us we need a whole new door which would cost us at least 1000 dollars that’s ridiculous  definitely agree with side by side and buying American  would not recommend it at all

Edited by Mrbigz8657

22 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Never buy a Samsung fridge. Coming from an owner of one for 6 years and various parts replaced. Had to unlevel it to tilt backwards so the drain line in fridge would not freeze up. Plus as others said. Ice maker is garbage.

My wife sure likes that screen to load the kids pictures on though.  We don't need the fridge to work, just the built in screen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

Never buy a Samsung fridge. Coming from an owner of one for 6 years and various parts replaced. Had to unlevel it to tilt backwards so the drain line in fridge would not freeze up. Plus as others said. Ice maker is garbage.

You should have told me that 8 years ago . I double second that . Nightmare of an experience with mine . Just got it replaced two months ago with a LG 

• Like 1