Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

38 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I just had to put my eBay store in vacation mode for the next week because of the forecast winter weather for Texas.  While everyone up north will make fun of us, 6 inches of snow down here really will shut everything down for days.

I had a co-worker from Dallas and he said 1/2 inch would drive people crazy down there, I can't imagine what 6" would do

It has been 0 degrees or below around here.  Even Amazon says my deliveries will be impacted, and their delivery people usually deliver during snowstorm 

23 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

You can do cool stuff like that when you own a business.

LEGO’s silliness forced me to look elsewhere & I find purchasing from elsewhere  is much better, cheaper, better packing, & doesn’t have strict limit rules. I am better able to up my purchases faster. Much better deals in the end.

• Like 1

Kind of a complaint but more of a I'm sad post. Went through a bin of free Lego that I got off of Nextdoor and found the cockpit for the UCS Y-Wing, Resistance X-Wing, and Krennic's Shuttle, but not many pieces to complete the set (pretty much none for the Y-Wing). It makes me sad that there's a UCS Y-wing body out there that's missing the cockpit. I really shouldn't be too sad though, they were free.

Lego s.jpg

Edited by oneknightr

11 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Kind of a complaint but more of a I'm sad post. Went through a bin of free Lego that I got off of Nextdoor and found the cockpit for the UCS Y-Wing, Resistance X-Wing, and Krennic's Shuttle, but not many pieces to complete the set (pretty much none for the Y-Wing). It makes me sad that there's a UCS Y-wing body out there that's missing the cockpit. I really shouldn't be too sad though, they were free.

Lego s.jpg

MOC challenge..make a ship using all three ship components

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Post office officially shut down, no surprise considering there are no plows in our area of the south and rolling blackouts. Too bad Amazon doesn’t care and I’m still responsible for my FBM shipment.

However, its not like I've seen an Amazon truck in 3 days

19 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I know California has been bashed to death in headlines...but it's nice weather over here (65 and clear skies); just came back from a ski trip and very happy to leave the "wintery" issues behind on the mountain.

my coworkers in Texas officially have room temperatures below that of their fridge settings

I'm in Dallas and its been bad the last couple of days.  I'm one of the lucky ones in that we haven't lost power yet.  Every region has its issues, for us its extreme cold once every 10 or so years.  I left SoCal about 15 years ago and never looked back.

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Post office officially shut down, no surprise considering there are no plows in our area of the south and rolling blackouts. Too bad Amazon doesn’t care and I’m still responsible for my FBM shipment.

I wish it was the case that we could send plows from up here in the Midwest like we move electric grid crews around, but I just cleared like 12-18 inches from around my house here outside Chicago. Personally, I enjoy a good dumping like this to make my $600 two stage snow blower feel like a good choice 6 years ago.

49 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

extreme cold once every 10 or so years. \

yeah...that's what they said about wildfires being unprecedented...we just experienced 5th year in a row (and has gotten worse every year).  Climate change is real and a "once in a generation" weather event seems to occur every 5 years and a "once a decade" is now the norm annually. I realize nothing it that simple, but the supposed "extremes" seem more and more the "norm" nowadays.

Best of luck dealing w/ the current issues...they say electricity prices are sky-rocketing in Texas...is that actual or just headlines?

• Like 2

eBay now has "Simplified fees"

eBay has created a simpler and more modern billing process to pay your eBay fees and expenses. Beginning in late March, eBay will phase out the billing of selling fees and expenses via a monthly invoice. Instead, eBay will collect fees and other expenses, such as those resulting from refunds, claims or disputes directly from your earnings. If your earnings are not sufficient to cover these amounts, we will charge your payment method on file (debit or credit card, and/or linked bank account).

- Examples of eBay selling fees include but are not limited to: insertion fees, promoted listings, listing upgrades, and store subscription fees.

- You may find information on fees and expenses via the reports functionality in the Payments tab in Seller Hub.

- Depending on your monthly billing invoice date, you may continue to receive invoices for both March and April. You must still pay any outstanding amounts that are reflected on billing invoices that you receive during this time. Charges will not be duplicated.
Edited by KShine

16 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Best of luck dealing w/ the current issues...they say electricity prices are sky-rocketing in Texas...is that actual or just headlines?

We'll see, most Texas residents are able to shop for rates and sign contracts that lock us into a certain rate, so I don't know how we'll be affected.