Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

2 hours ago, chinothegeeko said:

PayPal or managed payments?

1 hour ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

That sounds like managed payments...

Yes, managed payments

It did resolve by this morning (but it defies the logic of needing to hold funds for a specific purpose, when you aren't going to use those held funds for that purpose).

Edited by KShine

On 1/23/2021 at 2:10 AM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Who in this day and age still wraps a NISB LEGO set (paid $100) in brown paper and call it done?

I've had that a lot with used sets.

I specify in my listings that I'm going to bubble wrap it and post it inside a cardboard box. The feedback I get often mentions how well packed stuff is, which I hope gets me more sales.

I need a moment of silence for my Ebay feedback--after 14 total years on the site and 4 years of selling, I received my first negative feedback today. Whew. It hurts. Woman (who never contacted me) said that the charging cable didn't work for the sealed hero BB-8 I sold her in November. I want to reach out to give her an article where there are suggestions for this issue or to show where she can get a replacement, but I don't really want to engage her. Sigh. 

• Sad 5

16 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

I need a moment of silence for my Ebay feedback--after 14 total years on the site and 4 years of selling, I received my first negative feedback today. Whew. It hurts. Woman (who never contacted me) said that the charging cable didn't work for the sealed hero BB-8 I sold her in November. I want to reach out to give her an article where there are suggestions for this issue or to show where she can get a replacement, but I don't really want to engage her. Sigh. 

That sucks. I got one last year from a buyer in China that used a freight forward company. They switched my set for a bogus one (apocalypseburg). Guy negged me even though he knew what happened. 

Good news is you will go back to 100% after a year. 

12 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Leave a well worded, kind, concerned response to the negative. 

10 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I also got my first negative today: a new set is missing a piece and the buyer didn't bother to reach out either. On the one hand, I'd like to help because I'm helpful, on the other, you're getting blocked.

Leave a well worded, kind, concerned response to the negative.

3 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

If one piece is missing can't they just contact Lego for it?

These stories are want make me not want to try my hand at eBay, Amazon etc. selling.

They could, but some buyers just don’t care and are impossible to please.

Don’t be discouraged, for every story you see posted here there are thousands of positive transactions you will never hear about. 

• Like 3

It's a 2x3 plate lol. Not an important, rare piece, but a common piece (odd colour). I'm sure I'm eating the negative, but wow.

They could, but some buyers just don’t care and are impossible to please.
Don’t be discouraged, for every story you see posted here there are thousands of positive transactions you will never hear about. 
Seconded. Most buyers are good, and you will find the 1/10 of 1 percent of odd balls anywhere.
  • Like 2

My wife almost outdid my Walmart clearance finds today by finding four scrapbooks marked $20 each for $1 each at Michaels, and then finding her favorite oatmeal/chocolate bars (being discontinued) and subsequently clearing out half the remaining stock while grocery shopping.  I like to think I taught her well!

On 1/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, BillyBricks said:

Sorry you joined the club too.  :(  I joined the first negative feedback club last month and it does hurt.

• Like 3

I'm here to complain about myself. I am in quarantine for covid. Day 8 and I'm losing my mind. I'm 100% though. I had sinus infection like symptoms and 1 day of being tired. I'm middle 30s and very fit. I'm reorganizing the garage. It's my Lego building area and our home gym. I had the internal debate of will these Lego cups fall if I just slide this shelf. Save 2 minutes? Worth it! I did not save 2 minutes. 

16122150641983274322517105703526.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Jbad87 said:

Agreed. I've had 1 incident in the past and it ended far worse. I tested positive last week. I have been quarantined to my house for 8 going on 9 days. 

my sis tested positive, the retest came negative, the antigen test came back negative.

testing sometimes resulted in more questions than answers...and wreaked havoc for her circle.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

testing sometimes resulted in more questions than answers...and wreaked havoc for her circle.

I was fortunate to not have been in to work in a week so no contact issues there. I almost went to get another test just to see but I really didn't want to possibly expose more people or jam another stick inside me. 

• Thanks 1

So Google Stadia would seem to be going the same direction the PlayStation Vita did by closing the doors on their first party studios to "focus on Stadia's future as a platform" and "will not be investing further in bringing exclusive content from [their] internal development team SG&E (Stadia Games & Entertainment)" making the Stadia virtually a 'cloud console' with no exclusive content whatsoever.

Google Blog