Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

So Google Stadia would seem to be going the same direction the PlayStation Vita did by closing the doors on their first party studios to "focus on Stadia's future as a platform" and "will not be investing further in bringing exclusive content from [their] internal development team SG&E (Stadia Games & Entertainment)" making the Stadia virtually a 'cloud console' with no exclusive content whatsoever.
Google Blog

Yikes. The console and game streaming dept. is crowded but I always thought Stadia was going to become the standard and replace them seemingly infinite number of playstations and Xbox models that I cannot keep track of.

5 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

Stupid new eBay Seller Payment system... Very annoying... Don't sell much and it is very unfriendly... Refunding a few bucks to a buyer for discounted shipping seems next to impossible while it was painless in previous PayPal...

Wait... we're refunding the excess shipping now? That helps cover the eBay fees.

Just now, brickvoyeur said:

Wait... we're refunding the excess shipping now? That helps cover the eBay fees.

Buyer bought multiple items and system couldn't combine transactions....

I'm the type that does the right thing in these scenarios...

Others choose different paths and I am fine with that... 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

Stupid new eBay Seller Payment system... Very annoying... Don't sell much and it is very unfriendly... Refunding a few bucks to a buyer for discounted shipping seems next to impossible while it was painless in previous PayPal...

Go to Sold items, from the drop down menu for that transaction (on the left) choose send refund, fill in the amount and send.

29 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

My furnace died. I guess 26 years isn't that bad.

Hopefully you don't live in one of the areas getting walloped in the next few days by sub-zero temps. My ignitor died on me around 8 PM on an evening 3 or 4 years ago when we had a ton of negative temperatures in a row and the house started cooling fast. Had to fork out the extra dough to get someone to come out that night to fix it. 

An actual Lego complaint here. I'm Bricklinking a Market Street, and as some may know the most expensive part of the whole set is the light bluish grey door (right-hinged). I've just received an order in the post, where I paid about £20 for this one part, and it's the old light grey (a part that I don't need and that's worth 1/10 of the light bluish grey part). I am usually understanding about Bricklink sellers mixing up the occasional old and new colours for ordinary parts, but for a part worth this much this is extremely infuriating. There is absolutely no excuse for not checking this properly beforehand. Rant over.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

An actual Lego complaint here. I'm Bricklinking a Market Street, and as some may know the most expensive part of the whole set is the light bluish grey door (right-hinged). I've just received an order in the post, where I paid about £20 for this one part, and it's the old light grey (a part that I don't need and that's worth 1/10 of the light bluish grey part). I am usually understanding about Bricklink sellers mixing up the occasional old and new colours for ordinary parts, but for a part worth this much this is extremely infuriating. There is absolutely no excuse for not checking this properly beforehand. Rant over.

You probably know this, but when I was bricklinking these years ago I would try and get 2 of the 3 doors from set  3825 off of eBay. Used listings like this one where the set hasn’t been played with (because those doors scratch easily) can still be had. I tried to look up the current set inventory for MS but BL is not responding. Those white tubes you need 4 of were pricey but then somehow the EU got a lot of authentic elements without it ever being released in another set besides the mister freeze Minifigure. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353360646268

Edited by Pseudoty

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

You probably know this, but when I was bricklinking these years ago I would try and get 2 of the 3 doors from set  3825 off of eBay. Used listings like this one where the set hasn’t been played with (because those doors scratch easily) can still be had. I tried to look up the current set inventory for MS but BL is not responding. Those white tubes you need 4 of were pricey but then somehow the EU got a lot of authentic elements without it ever being released in another set besides the mister freeze Minifigure. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353360646268

Unfortunately we just don't have many of those available, and they can get pretty pricey. 

13 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Hopefully you don't live in one of the areas getting walloped in the next few days by sub-zero temps. My ignitor died on me around 8 PM on an evening 3 or 4 years ago when we had a ton of negative temperatures in a row and the house started cooling fast. Had to fork out the extra dough to get someone to come out that night to fix it. 

Luckily we have a wood stove. I'm trying to get quotes but returning phone calls is something that was done in the 90's I guess.

IMG_2193.JPG

I ordered a brand-new Lunar Space Station (60227) from Amazon directly (not a third-party seller or an Amazon Warehouse purchase), and this is what I received. The LEGO box is already open, and a previous shipping label has been cut off the LEGO box. This is an opened return that Amazon sold to me as new. It's unbelievable sometimes.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Jackson said:

IMG_2193.JPG

I ordered a brand-new Lunar Space Station (60227) from Amazon directly (not a third-party seller or an Amazon Warehouse purchase), and this is what I received. The LEGO box is already open, and a previous shipping label has been cut off the LEGO box. This is an opened return that Amazon sold to me as new. It's unbelievable sometimes.

Horrible...On the bright side, you might be getting this for free now. 

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

IMG_2193.JPG

Was that described as "Like new" in what could be open/distressed/damaged packaging?

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

IMG_2193.JPG

This is very common especially if the set is back ordered . 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This is very common especially if the set is back ordered . 

Amazon has gotten so bold with selling returns as new, selling sticker-laden FBA stock as sold by Amazon, shipping bare boxes, bubble mailers, packed with a six-pound bottle of liquid laundry detergent, etc... that it has become the exception to get a box in good condition.  
I’ve been directing more and more of my business to Walmart when the option exists. They are not perfect—they will send small sets in garment bags from time to time as well—but at least it left walmart in good condition versus Amazon packing up damaged goods or in a way that no reasonable person would expect it to make it to its destination in a usable state. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Amazon has gotten so bold with selling returns as new, selling sticker-laden FBA stock as sold by Amazon, shipping bare boxes, bubble mailers, packed with a six-pound bottle of liquid laundry detergent, etc... that it has become the exception to get a box in good condition.  
I’ve been directing more and more of my business to Walmart when the option exists. They are not perfect—they will send small sets in garment bags from time to time as well—but at least it left walmart in good condition versus Amazon packing up damaged goods or in a way that no reasonable person would expect it to make it to its destination in a usable state. 

This is definitely true for europe and started in the last 6 months or so, I've gotten a few sets which has a label over the original barcode. If it is sealed in decent condition I don't really care however I received some with seals broken and in one case they used amazon prime tape to paste over the seals. I returned those.

LEGO insta-cancelled my holiday wreath order even though the only other time I tried to buy it, it was during a brief availability window and was cancelled probably due to phantom stock. And now my VIP coin code that I redeemed on the order refuses to work on a different order. 
So, cancelled but not forgotten apparently. 😤

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

LEGO insta-cancelled my holiday wreath order even though the only other time I tried to buy it, it was during a brief availability window and was cancelled probably due to phantom stock. And now my VIP coin code that I redeemed on the order refuses to work on a different order. 
So, cancelled but not forgotten apparently. 😤

same here except for the voucher thing...that's a double whammy; but a single call to rep should fix things...or you can just send an email if not in a hurry

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

same here except for the voucher thing...that's a double whammy; but a single call to rep should fix things...or you can just send an email if not in a hurry

Best they not look at my purchases else my account might find itself surrounded by a bunch of Agent Smiths looking to restore order to the matrix. 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

They have been “banning” certain frequent buyers. They claimed that these buyers are in violation of their purchasing limits, but I find the reason to be BS. I had never purchased the item (they accused me of violating) bf & I attempted to buy 3 - which is their limits. All my orders got cancelled & the LEGO God told me I was banned for life. 

8 minutes ago, BricknTyle said:

They have been “banning” certain frequent buyers. They claimed that these buyers are in violation of their purchasing limits, but I find the reason to be BS. I had never purchased the item (they accused me of violating) bf & I attempted to buy 3 - which is their limits. All my orders got cancelled & the LEGO God told me I was banned for life. 

You can do cool stuff like that when you own a business.

• Like 1