Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Guest eightbrick

gf and I decided to try and not buy any LEGO in 2014 and build up the LEGO fun fund.  I hate that it was my idea

Check in with us on January 2nd. We'll see how long that lasts :D

Went on this thread out of curiosity and wanted to put contribute some thoughts:

Back then there were two sets I really wanted but never got.  The launch command space shuttle from 1995 and Fort Legoredo.  For the first one, it was retired long before I knew about Legos so I just got over it.  For Fort Legoredo, I was at the store, wanting it, but we weren't well off (we're immigrants) so a $100 set was truly luxurious.  I waited a year, saving up birthday and new years money from family to get it for myself.  By then the set was gone.  So you know what happened?  I got over it and went on with life.  

Now I have a job and a sidejob from selling legos.  Just from Lego selling, my net profit is over 5g.  I could easily buy those sets at secondary prices and would have no problem about it.  Heck, I'm actually thankful that there were some people out there who had the foresight to keep/preserve those sets for me if I ever decided to buy them.

My point is, I've been "that kid" who couldn't get the set I wanted but I got over it.  Either by resellers or by financial reasons, if a kid can't get a pricey Lego set, I'm sure they'll get over it.  I'm pretty sure it was a good thing I didn't get it because I used that time to go outside to play instead.

As a reseller, business is business.  I'm on this site for one reason - to make extra cash so I can take more vacations, spend more time and $$ on family.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so my opinion is that Lego (especially the higher priced sets) is more of a commodity like stocks than a toy because its mostly adults who are doing the buying/selling.

Lovely story that I think anyone who liked Lego as a kid can relate to. Now as an adult, did you end up picking up one (or both of them)? I recall someone in here mentioning they acquired a Fort Legoredo awhile ago.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

yea it sounds like a "never drinking again" statement.  We even came up with exceptions but only seasonal polys and the minifigure series.  It's mainly not buying for investing or large set for personal collection.  staying off ebay is the hardest thing.  

Guest eightbrick

yea it sounds like a "never drinking again" statement.  We even came up with exceptions but only seasonal polys and the minifigure series.  It's mainly not buying for investing or large set for personal collection.  staying off ebay is the hardest thing.  

Man, that's going to be a big change... do you have a stockpile of stuff you still need to sell? I hope you still come on here! :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

switched jobs and giving a large % of pay to hiring agency for another month.  we already had a system of putting cash in a LEGO envelope every week.  now it's just resisting the urge to grab the envelope and run out to the sales.  Sold bout 70% of stockpile.  This site and playing with the LDD is the only thing that is going to get me through the next year.

Guest TabbyBoy

Does anybody else hate it when this happens..... ?

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

The IP address from which you are browsing is not permitted to access the requested Web site.

This has been happening to me intermittently over the last week from different devices on different networks and without even logging into BP.

Guest TabbyBoy

I am running out of basement space for legos... I think I need to have the kids move out or sell some crap!

Move the kids out, you can always adopt more when you have space. ;-)

I'm tired of college....the closer the end gets the more frustrated I get...

That can't be a complaint. College was a great time, I wanted it to end ASAP when I was there as it was getting old. There was so much you can take advantage of and get away with and more importantly...NO BILLS.

I HATE PAYING BILLS!!!

I'm tired of all these good sales.  So many sets, so little disposable income.

I do like seeing so many great sales but it is a bummer not being able to capitalize on all of them. Ah, one of these days....

I'm tired of college....the closer the end gets the more frustrated I get...

As the end draws to a close, so does one's patience. I can't tell you how many times I became exasperated with just trying to finish something after working at it for so long. Hang in there, friend. You will be a better person after completing this obstacle in your life.
  • Like 1

I'll just stick to the Neutron Dance. :P

Also, silly question, but I`m not sure how to imbed the thumbnail picture like in your post and many others. All I know how to do is link  :banghead:

Just type these media tags at the start and end of a video link like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlJMyKSYUw
When you post, it should automatically convert into an embedded video clip.

Just type these media tags at the start and end of a video link like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlJMyKSYUw
When you post, it should automatically convert into an embedded video clip.

Perfect! Thanks so much. 

bp_1384883427__quick_meme.jpg

One thing is for certain: there is no feeling quite like being "RickRoll'D"  :dancing:  :girldance:  :lolu:  :danced:  :rap:

Does anybody else hate it when this happens..... ?

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden

The IP address from which you are browsing is not permitted to access the requested Web site.

This has been happening to me intermittently over the last week from different devices on different networks and without even logging into BP.

Yes it has been happening for a while. It usually resolves itself with in a few minutes. I believe Jeff knows about it, but he is at the mercy of his hosting company.