Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I don't know what else we call it when a poster's main contribution to the conversation is drive-by one-liners and the absence of any rational discussion or follow-up to the positions he's (supposedly) taking.

It's not nice to call people trolls, of course, and I've been guilty of that offense myself, but it's not nice to troll, either.

I have a hate list of book to movie adaptations, topping the list is a tie between The Black Stallion (in which they changed the main human character, Alec Ramsey, from a teenager to a 10 year old) and My Friend Flicka (where the main human character underwent a sex change operation, apparently).

I have an easier time with movies that don't assault classic favorites from my childhood. 

Here is a good one. Bought an Epic Dragon Battle for $80 on Ebay (of course days before Amazon and TRU sold them for like 10 cents or whatever - I still got a lot of those too). So I go to pay, says paypal can't accept your payment. Hmm

Contact the seller - he says give him a little bit and he will get it figured out. I never hear back.

Today, he opens up a non-payment case. So I go to pay for it "this users paypal account cannot accept your payment". Hmmm, well I am trying to pay. I am gonna have to call Ebay. If I get a non-payment strike because this guys paypal is messed up, I will break something.

I have a hate list of book to movie adaptations, topping the list is a tie between The Black Stallion (in which they changed the main human character, Alec Ramsey, from a teenager to a 10 year old) and My Friend Flicka (where the main human character underwent a sex change operation, apparently).

I have an easier time with movies that don't assault classic favorites from my childhood. 

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief was pretty bad too. NOTHING like the book. :-/

I hate it when the book is nothing like the movie.

bp_1385591427__quick_meme.jpg

The biggest offenders for me are the movies based on video games. Anyone remember Super Mario Brothers? :scare:

Far as book to movie, I loved Watchmen except the sudden change around the end where instead of the explosion being caused by that big 'alien' body being transported, the movie changed it so that the explosion simply matched Dr. Manhattan's energy signature (basically a big hydrogen bomb). :blink: Someone actually said "Well, it makes more sense that way." No it doesn't; that was the original point! Ozymandias (in the graphic novel) stated "If the pill is big enough, people will swallow it." It was supposed to seem so far fetched yet brilliantly work because it was just 'too big & in your face' for the world population to think otherwise. The rest of the movie was so perfect yet they simplified the outcome. :wacko:

Damn, sometimes you can't win.

The biggest offenders for me are the movies based on video games. Anyone remember Super Mario Brothers? :scare:

Far as book to movie, I loved Watchmen except the sudden change around the end where instead of the explosion being caused by that big 'alien' body being transported, the movie changed it so that the explosion simply matched Dr. Manhattan's energy signature (basically a big hydrogen bomb). :blink: Someone actually said "Well, it makes more sense that way." No it doesn't; that was the original point! Ozymandias (in the graphic novel) stated "If the pill is big enough, people will swallow it." It was supposed to seem so far fetched yet brilliantly work because it was just 'too big & in your face' for the world population to think otherwise. The rest of the movie was so perfect yet they simplified the outcome. :wacko:

Damn, sometimes you can't win.

Can't argue with you on Super Mario Bros.

As for Watchmen, I thought in the movie the intention was to make Dr. Manhattan THE threat to humankind (thus the matching energy signature) ? What could be a bigger threat than a blue omnipotent being turned heel ?  The end of the comic was better visually though (dead giant tentacled thing) but I wouldn't call the movie ending a disappointment.

One thing for sure, thanks to Watchmen, I will never be able to listen to Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah the same way again  :sweat:

As for Watchmen, I thought in the movie the intention was to make Dr. Manhattan THE threat to humankind (thus the matching energy signature) ? What could be a bigger threat than a blue omnipotent being turned heel ?  The end of the comic was better visually though (dead giant tentacled thing) but I wouldn't call the movie ending a disappointment.

I wasn't really disappointed much as I felt like the original point was lost. The alternate ending did work as everything and everyone was turning on Dr. Manhattan. I guess for me the thing of taking a bizarre notion such as an imminent alien invasion and making it believable to all by performing it on a large enough scale was more interesting than making the obvious target a fallguy.

Reading the brickpicker forums on my iPad always does the job for me. In fact, I am reading them right now. Think about it...muahahahahahaha!

Like someone said before me, "Brickpicker and pooping go hand in hand." :mosking:

And you win the award for least appealing imagery post of the day.

Oh? Bet I can top that.

And to finish.