10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I missed this set so hopefully I can get one for myself at a reasonable price.

please feel free to look at the brickclassifieds.com.  if that doesn't work, i have links in my signature below to ebay.  prices have come down somewhat so you might be able to find a deal on a used one.

Patience is advised with this set.  People will look back 3-4 years from now and see that it is $500-600 and wish they had a few.  Quality set.  People need to stop micromanaging and give sets like this some time to increase.  I hear the Town Hall is a loser too...

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 4

Patience is advised with this set.  People will look back 3-4 years from now and see that it is $500-600 and wish they had a few.  Quality set.  People need to stop micromanaging and give sets like this some time to increase.  I hear the Town Hall is a loser too...

Exatly... I heared stories about the 7784 UCS Batmobile that is was collecting dust on the shelves back then and when it was blown out on a final sale many people bought them to part it out for the black parts. And... look at it now. Even used you can get 150 euro for it now. And that is in Europe of all places.

I traded mine for a complete line of JW now I am wondering if I was looking too short term or maybe made a decent trade.

I like that trade for you.  Don't forget that those JW sets will go up too.  Basically you locked in your profit but still have growth potential. 

• Like 1

Just to state the obvious, the difference between AA and TH is +50% over MSRP vs. +175%.  It's a difference worth noting.  In spite of a much shorter life for AA, and virtually no opportunities to F5 one after it sold out.  I blame the counterfeiting of all the minifigures.  For those who think it's silly to worry about Chinese factories churning out licensed figures for a wholesale price of $.25 each, go on... give me another explanation.

Just to state the obvious, the difference between AA and TH is +50% over MSRP vs. +175%.  It's a difference worth noting.  In spite of a much shorter life for AA, and virtually no opportunities to F5 one after it sold out.  I blame the counterfeiting of all the minifigures.  For those who think it's silly to worry about Chinese factories churning out licensed figures for a wholesale price of $.25 each, go on... give me another explanation.

For the record, I agree that counterfeiting ultimately dilutes the brand and it's something to monitor.

Having said that, I don't think that the typical customer buying secondary market sets is willing to sacrifice quality for price. If someone is willing to spend a couple hundred $$ for a set it is because they have an appreciation for the brand. I just don't think they would go for counterfeit figures.

Hopefully I understood your comment correctly, otherwise what I just wrote makes no sense lol

Counterfeits do hurt, but having the whole play set with the vehicle is much nicer than just minifigs. The difference is that the price is driven by adults- AFOL's needing that drab boring looking town hall ( hating cuz I don't have any) to complete their cities that they have created.

• Like 2

TH? TH shouldn't even be in the same sentence with AA. Sorry, it's not a TH by any stretch.

The point was that some people were down on the Town Hall last week when it leveled off in price. Rarely is a set straight up. There are peaks and valleys and plateaus. The AA is a quality set that will appreciate well given time. The counterfeits could hurt the set though, but not as much as other Superhero sets. I like the Superhero sets but most are only valuable because of their mini figures. Take that away and you have a very average set in most cases.

• Like 2

Yikes one set went low, AA is a dud, everyone dump it :blink: 

Above 220 euros no one  is biting so it may well come to that! You know a set has it hard to be a winner when it can still be found in shops for retail so long after retirement and from 2014 those are WVM, SC and this one.

Hopefully in the US things are rosier.......

Edited by valenciaeric