10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

This set actually did pretty well just after EOL - people sometimes forget that. The problem was that it flatlined at 250 euros and has even gone down since then. It will be interesting to see how the market accepts the new batcave and whether it generates more interest in this set or sellers get spooked and cut their losses further. It could go either way.

If we consider the exaggerated hyping up that Tumbler has had on this site, it´s only fair that other sets get the opposite treatment, isn´t it?

33 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

It's no different from what makes people want Cafe Corner or CMF Series 1. While these large DC sets aren't a series and they come from different eras, people will still want to have other similar sets if they like a current set. 

45 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Simply, they would display very well together.

I sure hope so (since I have 10937 AAs)..  I think of themes like modular blgs  CMFs, and Winter as pieces that fit together for completionists.  

People like myself thought the Ewok Village would help appreciate values of other Ewok-related sets.  It didn't happen. 8038-1: The Battle of Endor has pretty much stayed the same and 8038-1: The Battle of Endor increased slightly.  I do think the Rancor Pit and Jabba's Palace helped each other because of their integration.

If only lego would release a direct addition or something for 10937 AA because the set is well designed.  They would sure put a jolt into this set. 

Target sent me an email today saying that they cancelled my order because they were out of stock. I bought them through their ebay store. Do I have any recourse? The email states that I could accept or decline. What can be done if I were to decline if they havent got any to send to me? 

8 hours ago, Contrails said:

Target sent me an email today saying that they cancelled my order because they were out of stock. I bought them through their ebay store. Do I have any recourse? The email states that I could accept or decline. What can be done if I were to decline if they havent got any to send to me? 

You have no recourse. Target will just cancel the eBay order and risk negative feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, EliasFelipe said:

Price is going down and down on this one...I've seen them being sold this christmas around € 190/200 I can now buy them around € 170 as we speak...

Wich is, correct me if I am wrong the original retail price? 

The price has slowly decreased for the North American market but I think that this is because of impatient people cashing out and recent sales are still 50% above the retail price, including shipping.  The interesting thing is that the price of used sets has now exceeded retail by over 10%  and that may be a better indicator of future demand.

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

The price has slowly decreased for the North American market but I think that this is because of impatient people cashing out and recent sales are still 50% above the retail price, including shipping.  The interesting thing is that the price of used sets has now exceeded retail by over 10%  and that may be a better indicator of future demand.

Must be the cashing out then, sounds like a good argument. retail was 170 right?

• 4 weeks later...
On January 12, 2016 at 6:16 PM, jaisonline said:

I sure hope so (since I have 10937 AAs)..  I think of themes like modular blgs  CMFs, and Winter as pieces that fit together for completionists.  

People like myself thought the Ewok Village would help appreciate values of other Ewok-related sets.  It didn't happen. 8038-1: The Battle of Endor has pretty much stayed the same and 8038-1: The Battle of Endor increased slightly.  I do think the Rancor Pit and Jabba's Palace helped each other because of their integration.

If only lego would release a direct addition or something for 10937 AA because the set is well designed.  They would sure put a jolt into this set. 

Still no bites for me at $265 and free ship.  Even during the last eBay promo of 5x bucks or whatever it was.  I even offered one of my bulk buyers 10 sets for $220 each and free postage. He said the sets aren't selling in Asia and Europe.   

I still firmly believe what I typed above.  Unless sets have a direct link for completionists (E.G. SW Rancor set, modular buildings and Winter theme), people don't seem to relate sets just based on general theme (e.g. Superheroes and Star Wars).  The Ewok Village didn't help me sell my Endor and other Ewok sets. Kinda like what the Classic Batcave isn't doing for my AAs.  

Let's just hope the PG-13 rated movie (a totally joke itself since Superman and Wonderwoman "ain't" Deadpool or Blade ) helps those trying to sell 10937s.

As I watch the price of this fall toward MSRP, I am so glad I don't have any more of these.

AA is one of the main reasons I don't listen to anyone else's advice on what sets to buy anymore. Should have trusted my gut on that one.

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

As I watch the price of this fall toward MSRP, I am so glad I don't have any more of these.

AA is one of the main reasons I don't listen to anyone else's advice on what sets to buy anymore. Should have trusted my gut on that one.

My gut wants to throw up over my remaining ones  - can´t see how that will help the price, though :(

7 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Yup, I was in for 2, sold in $250 is range , netting around $50/ea plus promos. This falls into the, no I didn't sell too early, money is reinvested and working

We sold too late - Jan 2015 was the sweet spot and everything since than has been down. Holy depreciation, Batman!

This seems to be the new normal for alot of sets, not just AA. Quick pop upon retirement and then stagnation or steady decline. Look at Sea Cow. Already $100 below what it was selling for just a few months ago and steadily falling. A few are still following the old pattern of quick rise followed by steady increases, but not many that is for sure.

I think it is a combination of too many resellers along with falling demand for Lego as a collectible. Who wants to spend good money on a retired set when you can wait a year or two and pick it up for cheaper or get a brand new rehash directly from TLG?

• Like 1

Had no idea SC was losing value too, seeing as  over here it has never sold in numbers anyway. Probably explains why the fanboys have been so quiet recently. Hope everyone has their seat belts fastened as it seem  this ride is going to get turbulent.

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

We sold too late - Jan 2015 was the sweet spot and everything since than has been down. Holy depreciation, Batman!

10 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

As an example here is a a couple of my sales since it retired

12/30/14 - 299.99

10/17/15 - 265.21

02/12/16 - 259.99

This has been my experience as well. Holiday season 2014 into 2015 i was seeing $350-400 CAD. Since then i was lucky to get $300 CAD. Got none left at this point, didn't want to tie up too much in this set.

Just now, asharerin said:

This seems to be the new normal for alot of sets, not just AA. Quick pop upon retirement and then stagnation or steady decline. Look at Sea Cow. Already $100 below what it was selling for just a few months ago and steadily falling. A few are still following the old pattern of quick rise followed by steady increases, but not many that is for sure.

I think it is a combination of too many resellers along with falling demand for Lego as a collectible. Who wants to spend good money on a retired set when you can wait a year or two and pick it up for cheaper or get a brand new rehash directly from TLG?

I wonder if the following growth rate is possible:

2008 set at 20% per year growth
Base value - 100
7 years of growth - 358.31

2014 set at corresponding growth rates - 100, 0, 0, 0, 20, 20, 20
Base value - 100
7 years of growth - 345.60

I can't predict the future but it is possible that these sets may achieve a similar result to the uniform model if everyone wants to wait for years and the supply dwindles.  The problem is that you have maximized your return by selling it right away and most of us will not want to wait 7 years to see if these will eventually grow.  One good thing is that we KNOW that Ed Mack will still have his sets so we can easily verify whether this happens.