10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I am actually selling this set for €210 each lately. 

If any resellers in The Netherlands wants to invest at that price, let me know.

Give it at least this XMAS before you decide to move on. Last year it was EOL arround that time, so everyone could buy it at retail for XMAS.

Give it at least this XMAS before you decide to move on. Last year it was EOL arround that time, so everyone could buy it at retail for XMAS.

For sure. Too soon to jump ship. I let one go for $380 CAD locally, but I don't want to part with too many at around $400 CAD if I have to pay fees. 

• 2 months later...
It´s been stuck thereabouts since the early spring so a remake may well arrive before the 300 mark is reached.

Maybe. I think we'll see other larger sets than another AA and that bomb of a set (Joker's Fun Land). AA should have plenty of time to appreciate more.

Note: I do think the larger obstacle of hitting $300 is all the minifig refreshes. Not a single character is even semi-exclusive...just rehashes of existing ones. That is sad for us but good for children so I'm cool with it. I'll be prob unloading my AAs soon enough anyway.

9 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Maybe. I think we'll see other larger sets than another AA and that bomb of a set (Joker's Fun Land). AA should have plenty of time to appreciate more.

Note: I do think the larger obstacle of hitting $300 is all the minifig refreshes. Not a single character is even semi-exclusive...just rehashes of existing ones. That is sad for us but good for children so I'm cool with it. I'll be prob unloading my AAs soon enough anyway.

Same here. Investing in this has led me to a new rule: No More Superheroes.

• 1 month later...

So XMAS this year was not able to break the 300 barrier.

The current Situation for ebay Europe is:

Lowest BIN is 245€, 8 BINs in Range from 245-250€, 7 BINs from 250-270€, and 16 BINs to reach 300€

so a total of 31 10937 are available before breaking the 300€ barrier.

January so far: 1 Pcs sold for 197,50, 2 PCs sold for 229 and 1 sold for 269€, 1 sold for 279€

I guess that will be at least another 6 months to reach 300€....sad times for us:lolu:

18 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

how?

yeah, they are catering to us mid-life fogies who watched reruns of this show during he 1980s  :)

It's no different from what makes people want Cafe Corner or CMF Series 1. While these large DC sets aren't a series and they come from different eras, people will still want to have other similar sets if they like a current set. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

This set will be a late bloomer.  You can't change the fact that it is a damn cool set.  If you ignore all the anti-hype, it is still a damn cool set and that's what will attract future buyers of this set.

I'd like to think that a lot of the negative hype has folks selling/undercutting each other, delivering sets to end users (doubt many investors are buying these from ebay/amazon now). I'm happy to hold another year or two or more.

7 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I'd like to think that a lot of the negative hype has folks selling/undercutting each other, delivering sets to end users (doubt many investors are buying these from ebay/amazon now). I'm happy to hold another year or two or more.

I agree.  When it all shakes out and the impatient sellers unload this set for the next shiny object, you will see some steady long term gains from this set.