10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

Is anyone buying these at secondary market prices? Just curious.... there's a few decent deals to be had out there if you look hard enough, just not sure it's worth it at MSRP + 50%?

Buying in at 250-260 will make money in the long term.

Well, I have to admit to buying one off of AWD for 225 last week. It arrived in good condition, open box but all bags present and sealed. I could likely flip it now and break even but I think I am going to hold and see what happens.

If you like Batman, then you should Build It!

Ex Astris, Scientia.

No point in breaking even.....build it or stash it.

We built one... it's pretty cool. The kids like it and it looks good on display.

I'm just thinking out loud about where I might roll some investment profits. I like the Pet Shop but I'm thinking I should have gotten more AAs since you guys down south are buying so many ToOs, PCs and PSs.

Buying in at 250-260 will make money in the long term.

Are you thinking in US or CDN dollars? Can't tell with you any more. ;)

We built one... it's pretty cool. The kids like it and it looks good on display.

I'm just thinking out loud about where I might roll some investment profits. I like the Pet Shop but I'm thinking I should have gotten more AAs since you guys down south are buying so many ToOs, PCs and PSs.

Are you thinking in US or CDN dollars? Can't tell with you any more. ;)

All of my purchases and sales are expressed in US dollars. I will add that to my signature when I get home.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

I'm not actively looking to sell my BNIB set, but someone offered me $300 cash for it now. Do you see its value going up significantly this year in Q3/Q4 or beyond, or will it hover around $300 give or take? I want to make the right choice if I should part with it or hold it. Thanks in advance.

Is it mint? Do you have one or more? What did it cost you? Will you declare tax on the sale?

If it was mine, I would take the money and reinvest (especially if you are not going to pay comms or taxes as would appear to be the case) but my perspective is European and superh

I'm not actively looking to sell my BNIB set, but someone offered me $300 cash for it now. Do you see its value going up significantly this year in Q3/Q4 or beyond, or will it hover around $300 give or take? I want to make the right choice if I should part with it or hold it. Thanks in advance.

If you can, hold it for at least another year or two. The largest annual gains are years 1 and 2 after retirement when a refresh isn't in the works.

I managed to sell one locally for $360 CAD - but it was a cash deal, which improves margins a heck of a lot. I think a 12-24 month hold could see prices in the $350-450 USD range on ebay. Jokerland should boost AA and 6860 Batcave nicely.

Well, I have to admit to buying one off of AWD for 225 last week.   It arrived in good condition, open box but all bags present and sealed.  I could likely flip it now and break even but I think I am going to hold and see what happens.

If you own only one, keep it. If you have multiples, sell.

yup, the bywords are cash-in-hand and remake. Say it goes to 400 usd and you sell on EBay your comms, packaging etc are going to eat into that plus a year will have passed and you could have invested the cash in another exclusive that is about to retire and kept the rest as clean profit.

• 3 weeks later...