10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I want to order a few more but leery of getting my orders cancelled as others have had trouble ordering too many exclusives at once.

I've decided to order in pairs and once they ship order another pair.

Yeah I've been grabbing 1 at a time here and there. Each time the orders are fulfilled and shipped almost same day.

So i'm flying under the radar! For the time being heh..

• Like 1

Back in stock at walmart.ca

For the guy who returned them last week - why?

You could probably already break even if you had to sell them and they've only been scarce for a bit. Couple that with the 'sale price' on S&**** and the chances of this coming back are looking very, very slim.

If you want one for your personal collection, find the cheapest and buy now would be my advice.

I would be curious to get other users feedback on what you think the upside is to this set over the next few years.

It has basically doubled in value already.  Will it continue to spike heavily or is it better to sell use brick classifieds to significantly increase the percentage gain and move into another set like Red 5, Tower Bridge, Death Star, Tumbler, etc.

I am not so much asking for what set to flip it into but is anyone getting out of this set into another one?  I am holding my R2 and TH long term but I am not so sure on this one if it will continue to rise.

Personally, this is a long term to me.  This is iconic.  Arkham is *the* place the criminals are placed in Gotham.  Look at all the minifigs in this set.  I think it's great.  Batman will always sell, and I think this particular set has a lot of upside to it.

I am very bullish on this set (as most are) but as to Batman always selling... I am noticing a lack of interest recently in the first wave of sets locally. 

Lego have over saturated Batman so much...

I am very bullish on this set (as most are) but as to Batman always selling... I am noticing a lack of interest recently in the first wave of sets locally. 

Lego have over saturated Batman so much...

All the better because the quality of AA is in a whole different league. People want the stuff that stands out.

• Like 1

It's also one of the few Superhero sets that displays well for AFOLs. Sure many Superhero sets are cool and have great playvalue, but some just don't look that great on display. I'm talking the more recent sets, not the really old Batman stuff.

6860 to me looks pretty bad as a display piece, but a great playset. AA is of course a great playset too, but the front is quite display quality friendly. I do fear a re-remake in the future, so it won't be a super long hold for me.

This and the Tumbler are the only superhero sets i have on display. UCS Helicarrier/Jokerland may join em though ;)

Edited by Sandwraithx157

I missed out on this set. Really wished I could have bought at least one. I tied my money up last year in a couple of GE's. Not regretting that decision but the AA has increased in price much more than the GE. Thought I had some time this year to get one. Oh well. On to the next set!

The much shorter lifespan probably contributed to less hoarding. I'm too lazy to look at the # of sets available for each on BL, but I'd guess there are quite a few more GEs than AAs in storage (and I think there are a lot of AAs!).

I think I would start moving some product at $400+ USD. I think conservatively that might take another 18-24 months, but I'm optimistic it is more like 12.

• 2 weeks later...