Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

Pretty much all movie sets are one wave and done.  There aren't any other interesting characters they can do other than Jor-El.  Honestly I didn't really care for the MOS sets and I'm not sure how well they sold overall.  They were discounted frequently and didn't have an exciting lineup of super hereoes like the Avengers sets had going for them.  I would like to see LEGO focus on comic based minifigures going forward but I know they will always have sets for the big DC movies.

Does anyone see potential conflict of value between the two different Wolverine minifigures? There is the one from Chopper Showdown which is spot on with the comic book but is missing his signature hood and then there is the newer version coming out later this year that looks more like 'classic' Wolverine with his famous hood finally. I don't see any sort of headbutting in terms of value for either as both are awesome. Actually, I feel like comic book fans would want both especially considering the character. I realize we haven't seen actual images of the new version; only preliminary. I just figured we could start conversing about personal opinions now.

Does anyone see potential conflict of value between the two different Wolverine minifigures? There is the one from Chopper Showdown which is spot on with the comic book but is missing his signature hood and then there is the newer version coming out later this year that looks more like 'classic' Wolverine with his famous hood finally. I don't see any sort of headbutting in terms of value for either as both are awesome. Actually, I feel like comic book fans would want both especially considering the character. I realize we haven't seen actual images of the new version; only preliminary. I just figured we could start conversing about personal opinions now.

Personally, the new Wolverine should be in orange & brown costume (90s era) for diversity.  Wolverine is famous enough (the latest x-Men cartoon was even called Wolverine & the X-Men) to warrant the variety.

I would love a different version of Wolverine with his mask/hood.  I also want a Thor with his helmet.

Brickfan is reporting that someone from Eurobricks is reporting that a Cyclops minifig will be piloting a Blackbird.  Sounds frickin' sweet, hope they execute.

There could be. I think the re-release of Wolvie and magneto can slow down the booming growth of the 6866 set.

With new versions of Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Magneto, Batman, Joker, Riddler, etc....what the hell happened to the creativity with the Spiderman minifig?

Well, I will give Lego credit as the newer versions of Hulk, Thor, and Wolverine look like their classic comic book shelves but Magneto is donning an outfit somewhat unfamiliar to me, Storm seems iffy with the direction of her attire, Riddler is wearing something like a racing suit of sorts, and Thor still is missing his traditional helmet. On the plus, we get Taskmaster, M.O.D.O.K., and finally Red Skull. As for Spider-Man, did he ever have alternate outfits?

Plenty of variations

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-greatest-spider-man-costumes-of-all-time/the-doctor?format=SLIDESHOW&page=1

Hell, they have given away a black Spidey and a "comic dot print" Spidey at Comic Con already.

Ooo, I totally dig Future Foundation and Stealth Suit Spider-Man. I so wish the black suit Spider-Man would appear in a future set and I was definately a fan of the comic print version from last year's Comic-Con along with Spider-Woman. (Course you already knew that last bit. ;))

On a different tangent, I wonder if Daredevil and Electra will ever make an appearance?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

who own the rights to w.i.l.d. cats from image comics? thought i heard them sell them to marvel, but memory is fuzzy at best.  Any other comic based minifigs people wish LEGO would do but probably won't?  the Maxx would be sweet as a maxi fig

who own the rights to w.i.l.d. cats from image comics? thought i heard them sell them to marvel, but memory is fuzzy at best.  Any other comic based minifigs people wish LEGO would do but probably won't?  the Maxx would be sweet as a maxi fig

Not sure about all of the wild cats but Grifter is in DC now.

Ooo, I totally dig Future Foundation and Stealth Suit Spider-Man. I so wish the black suit Spider-Man would appear in a future set and I was definately a fan of the comic print version from last year's Comic-Con along with Spider-Woman. (Course you already knew that last bit. ;))

On a different tangent, I wonder if Daredevil and Electra will ever make an appearance?

Just finished watching the cartoons the Spiderman theme is based on, they only have one possible alternate costume.  Iron Spider.  

• 2 weeks later...