Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

With these new super hero sets, isn't it the figures that drive the resale value?  I know that some of the vehicles can be cool, but look no further than Hellicarier for a figure pulling a whole set.  I always look at the minifigs for these sets more than the vehicles.  

The Penguin set seems to have little going for it with the figs.  

The Riddler Chase has unique Flash and ok vehicles, so it depends on Flash for growth.  The Riddler seems better than the 2006 version, but he is in everyone's Funhouse. I think it will have growth, but probably not off the charts.

Man-bat is a winner since he is unique and in a $20 set that should see sales below $15.  

The Steam Roller has unique Batgirl to carry the set, and Joker variants always seem to be popular.  I can't wait for sales around $35 for this one.

I probably won't buy my first sets of these until cyber Monday sales.

Kind of bummed to hear the riddler chase is meh, i have heard that now a few times.

The flash really brings out the batmobile though, it's like sitting on a vase on a table in an empty room.

I understand the new batmobile is meant to be the comic book version, B52 or whatever it is.

The Riddler's mobile is o.k, but it could be better, it's more like a go-kart with rope for steering.

• Like 1

The flash really brings out the batmobile though, it's like sitting on a vase on a table in an empty room.

I understand the new batmobile is meant to be the comic book version, B52 or whatever it is.

The Riddler's mobile is o.k, but it could be better, it's more like a go-kart with rope for steering.

I will say the Riddler vehicle is a little too thin IMO.

I agree the steam roller set is clear winner.

Honestly, I think the Captain America set is the best of them all in terms of investment. Two exclusive figs and the third is only in one more set. This one will get to $50 easy I think once its gone. I want to have A LOT of these.

With these new super hero sets, isn't it the figures that drive the resale value?  I know that some of the vehicles can be cool, but look no further than Hellicarier for a figure pulling a whole set.  I always look at the minifigs for these sets more than the vehicles.

I agree, 75% of the goodness for the set is the hulk, I think it's very unlikely we will ever see a remake of the set as it specific to Loki being captured. The new set is similar in appearance, it's possible every set we see with the hulk is going to be $50+ with him having something he can smash up.

• 2 weeks later...

76010 Penguin Face-Off

76011 Man-Bat Attack

76012 Riddler Chase

76013 Joker Steamroller

76014 Spider-Trike vs Electro

76015 Doc-Ock Truck Heist

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue

76017 Captain America vs Hydra

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

top 3 Biggest Winners are?  (Best for Investing?)

76010 Penguin Face-Off

76011 Man-Bat Attack

76012 Riddler Chase

76013 Joker Steamroller

76014 Spider-Trike vs Electro

76015 Doc-Ock Truck Heist

76016 Spider-Helicopter Rescue

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

top 3 Biggest Winners are?  (Best for Investing?)

I think the best three are Joker Steamroller, Riddler Chase (because of the Flash) and Captain America vs Hydra.  I also like Man-Bat Attack and Penguin Face-Off.

These are the ones I would bank on, but a lot depends on how long of a run they have and if the truly exclusive minifigures stay exclusive (ie - Batgirl, Flash, Red Skull, Taskmaster, Falcon).

76013 Joker Steamroller

76011 Man-Bat Attack

76012 Riddler Chase

76018 Hulk Lab Smash

It hasn't been too widely discussed. Will the Batman (Batcave) Junior Set have investment potential? I noticed the Batman and Robin minifigs look quite a bit different from the minifigs in the regular Superheroes line.

I think so:

1) No stickers and lots of nice printed parts.

2) The Batman and Robin are both new variants - the closest match to the original Sock/Kappow/Blammo TV Series.

3) It will probably be overlooked by most investors because it's the Juniors range.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

It hasn't been too widely discussed.  Will the Batman (Batcave) Junior Set have investment potential?  I noticed the Batman and Robin minifigs look quite a bit different from the minifigs in the regular Superheroes line.

Currently, thus set has the only light blue version of Batman (like in Super Powers & the 1970s to 1980s comics). Robin is also exclusive but can be built using parts from other Robins with the face & yellow cape being the hardest to acquire (only in the Steam Roller set). Joker can also be built using parts from other sets (Steam Roller &

5984).

This set has potential but only if people want to buy The Super Powers Batman and if the current Batcave retires.

I do agree that it will prob be overlooked since it's a Junior's Builder set. However, it's not like we are talking "Duplo" here.

Currently, thus set has the only light blue version of Batman (like in Super Powers & the 1970s to 1980s comics). Robin is also exclusive but can be built using parts from other Robins with the face & yellow cape being the hardest to acquire (only in the Steam Roller set). Joker can also be built using parts from other sets (Steam Roller &

5984).

This set has potential but only if people want to buy The Super Powers Batman and if the current Batcave retires.

I do agree that it will prob be overlooked since it's a Junior's Builder set. However, it's not like we are talking "Duplo" here.

I like the Batman, but that's from my Mego era, so I always tend to favor the themes from my childhood.

I like the Batman, but that's from my Mego era, so I always tend to favor the themes from my childhood.

Mego.... Oh, now you are bringing back good childhood memories. 

kbats.jpg

this version of Bats is my favorite.  one of my fav pics (but tragic) of this Bats is from the A Death in the Family arc.  

250px-Batman_Death_In_The_Family_TPB_cov

now we just need a Robin with pale legs to complete our Mega  / Super Powers run PLUS a Joker wearing his diplomatic tux :)

Batman429.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...