Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

I'm interested to see how the film does, is this subject matter well-known enough for the average consumer? I realized super heroes seem like can't miss content right now but that's with much more household names... how much of the population knows who these characters are?

I also wonder about this, more so how it will relate to sales of the Lego sets.  There is at least one episode of Ultimate Spiderman that the Guardians of the Galaxy are in, and if it weren't for that I wouldn't know who those guys are.

I was thinking they added nova since he is in the spiderman cartoon.

This is correct.  A lot of those Spiderman sets are based on Ultimate Spiderman and Nova is part of Spiderman's team along with White Tiger, Powerman, and Iron Fist.

I'm interested to see how the film does, is this subject matter well-known enough for the average consumer? I realized super heroes seem like can't miss content right now but that's with much more household names... how much of the population knows who these characters are?

The answer is almost none. This is by far the most ambitious superhero project Marvel/Disney has tried to date. I am betting it will be massively successful or end in a heap of flames. 

I liked the original Guardians of the Galaxy but did not get into the newer iteration when the whole team changed. Anyway, I would guess the look of the ship and characters will make more sense soon as we see the film or an actual trailer. The Ronan minifigure is trippy especially wearing a new hood part.

No good pictures of that set? Looks like Groot is in that one.

I haven't found a more direct shot of that set for some reason, and I believe you are correct about Groot.

Slackers couldn't even put the purple pants Hulk in.

I only just spotted that detail now that you mentioned it. For shame on their part. :nono:

I haven't found a more direct shot of that set for some reason, and I believe you are correct about Groot.

I only just spotted that detail now that you mentioned it. For shame on their part. :nono:

I find it a little funny that we already have good pictures of the sets that have already been released but the one set we don't have much info on doesn't have a closeup :getlost: