Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

Sorry, don't know how to edit the first post. But, here's the prices for these sets. They are in Canadian Dollars:

Lego Super Heroes - Spider-Trike vs. Electro (76014)
Price: 15.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 70
Minifigures: 2

Lego Super Heroes - Doc Ock Truck Heist (76015)
Price: 24.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 237
Minifigure: 3

Lego Super Heroes - Spider-Helicopter Rescue (76016)
Price: $54.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 299
Minifigures: 4

Lego Super Heroes - Captain America vs. Hydra (76017)
Pieces: 172
Minifigures: 3

Lego Super Heroes - Hulk Lab Smash (76018)
Price: $59.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 398
Minifigures: 5

OP, I will probably follow the same rules as Eurobricks, though Ed or Jeff can say for sure whether they have ever been contacted by Lego or not.  As long as the pictures don't say "confidential" on them, they are safe to post.  We don't need the Billund overlords getting on our butts about posting pictures that aren't supposed to be seen by the public.  If they don't have that watermark, feel more than free to post them.  I had seen pictures of these, but not this good, yet.  Hopefully Grogall will come through with some HD pics at some point so that we can really see what we're dealing with here.  Since I'm not a huge fan of comics in general, I don't even know who most of these guys are, but know that sets with rare characters will generally spark lots of interest with collectors.

Who'd have thought we'd see a M.O.D.O.K. figure?....although I guess he's featured in SuperHero Squad.

As a comic fan and part time LEGO collector....I think that 76018 is the jewel of the lot in regards to collectibilty with 76017 being the coolest to play with.

76018 - Possibly three figures (Taskmaster, MODOK, Falcon in traditional gear) that you'll never see again with a purple pants HULK.  If they only switched the Thor with Luke Cage this would have been a "second tier" MARVEL character fans dream. 

76017 - Definitely cool.  Will cut into the 6865's profitability a bit. With only 172 pieces and at 25.99....could have probably used another HYDRA soldier on a rear gun or something.

76016 - Meh.  Not sure why they didn't go traditional Green Goblin...as a souped up original glider would have been cool.  If TLG is pushing "maxi"figures in order to slightly bump up the price of a set...they probably should have went with another character. The Luke Cage figure will be unique.....but for 55.00....that's tough to justify.  I will enjoy buying these for 25.00 in the WALMART clearances of 2015 though.

76015 - Another Meh.  A three figure set; with one being a guard, one Spidey and the other being a Doc Ock who was in the last wave?.....that doesn't cut it. Give me two guards and a "maxi" Sandman

76014 - Another Meh...with the only upside being the cost and the uniquness of the Electro figure....but even then; it's not the traditional one.  I get that the Goblin and Electro are the designs from the  "ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN"  television show and thus will cater more towards kids....but I think this wave (except for 76018) will not be viewed favorablly to AFOLs.

To that, (and I'll leave it to the real investors)....is this wave going to be profitable to invest in?

OP, I will probably follow the same rules as Eurobricks, though Ed or Jeff can say for sure whether they have ever been contacted by Lego or not.  As long as the pictures don't say "confidential" on them, they are safe to post.  We don't need the Billund overlords getting on our butts about posting pictures that aren't supposed to be seen by the public.  If they don't have that watermark, feel more than free to post them.  I had seen pictures of these, but not this good, yet.  Hopefully Grogall will come through with some HD pics at some point so that we can really see what we're dealing with here.  Since I'm not a huge fan of comics in general, I don't even know who most of these guys are, but know that sets with rare characters will generally spark lots of interest with collectors.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely dont want to break any rules here. Dont want this site to be on Lego's bad side.

76015 - Another Meh.  A three figure set; with one being a guard, one Spidey and the other being a Doc Ock who was in the last wave?.....that doesn't cut it. Give me two guards and a "maxi" Sandman

76014 - Another Meh...with the only upside being the cost and the uniquness of the Electro figure....but even then; it's not the traditional one.  I get that the Goblin and Electro are the designs from the  "ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN"  television show and thus will cater more towards kids....but I think this wave (except for 76018) will not be viewed favorablly to AFOLs.

The Doc Ock is different printing/colors, but the one from the first wave was more in line with the Ultimate Spiderman, which makes this one kind of the odd man out when you look at the other characters.

I agree that I like the DC line better, but my kids will eat these up.

Sorry, don't know how to edit the first post. But, here's the prices for these sets. They are in Canadian Dollars:

Lego Super Heroes - Spider-Trike vs. Electro (76014)
Price: 15.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 70
Minifigures: 2

Lego Super Heroes - Doc Ock Truck Heist (76015)
Pieces: 237
Minifigure: 3

Lego Super Heroes - Spider-Helicopter Rescue (76016)
Price: $54.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 299
Minifigures: 4

Lego Super Heroes - Captain America vs. Hydra (76017)
Pieces: 172
Minifigures: 3

Lego Super Heroes - Hulk Lab Smash (76018)
Price: $59.99 (CAD)
Pieces: 398
Minifigures: 5

So take 40% off the Canadian prices and you have USA MSRP lol! :P Kidding, but sometimes it feels that way up in the great white north :(

• Like 1

So take 40% off the Canadian prices and you have USA MSRP lol! :P Kidding, but sometimes it feels that way up in the great white north :(

Exactly! What with all the clearance sales year round, 40% is a conservative estimate  :P Seriously though (not that that isn`t...), they look pretty good overall! That Helicopter is flat out impressive. 

• Like 1